d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearing Week
Prev1112113114115116443Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 28,296.75
Sep 22 2018 09:38am
Quote (Horford @ Sep 22 2018 08:30am)
Lawrence is a little less giddy though, but yeah they are similar.

and Alex Jones isn't president and is censored out the asshole. Imagine if we could censor Donald Trump ever time he lies or incites violence? ahh, that'd be great.

I'm a more speech than a less speech kind of guy

It's unfortunate to watch people say terrible things and manipulate vulnerable for profit whether it's with religion or politics or anything between but in my view it's better to not stop the speech only violent actions

but it's all grey area because we are talking private companies and TOS's and all that jazz

but my personal view is more speech not less

I love that Trump uses twitter even though I think a lot of what he says is not good. That he speaks his mind even when he does so very poorly.

I like that he goes out there and does all those caveman rallies not because I support what he says but because there is a transparency in that and a realness that we rarely have experienced before.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Sep 22 2018 09:40am
Quote (Beowulf @ Sep 22 2018 11:38am)

It's unfortunate to watch people say terrible things and manipulate vulnerable for profit whether it's with religion or politics or anything between but in my view it's better to not stop the speech only violent actions

but it's all grey area because we are talking private companies and TOS's and all that jazz

I love that Trump uses twitter even though I think a lot of what he says is not good. That he speaks his mind even when he does so very poorly.

I like that he goes out there and does all those caveman rallies not because I support what he says but because there is a transparency in that and a realness that we rarely have experienced before.

the only thing I love about trump using twitter is more evidence for Mueller in a possible Obstruction case, so to that,I say keep up the 3am tweetstorms on the shitter!
Gold: 4,404.67
Sep 22 2018 09:52am
Quote (Beowulf @ 22 Sep 2018 17:38)

I think thats a big part of Trump's appeal: yes, he's an asshole and says and does terrible things from time to time - but at least he's transparent about it. With most other "career politicians", we know that they are shady scumbags who do and say terrible things as well (albeit not all of them to the same degree as Trump), but it's hidden behind a mask of political correctness and phony smiles. With Trump, unlike with most career politicians, we know who he is, what motivates him and what we can expect from his presidency.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Sep 22 2018 09:53am
Gold: 500.00
Sep 22 2018 09:57am
looks like some of the people attesting to kavanaugh's character are predators too
https://www.dailydot.com/irl/kavanaugh-friend-testify-sexually-assault/
A woman says one of the men testifying to the character of Supreme Court nominee and alleged sexual assailant Brett Kavanaugh hosted a party where she was sexually assaulted.

“I was sexually assaulted in the mid-80’s at the home of one of Kavanaugh’s schoolmates,” a woman who goes by Casey Mooney wrote on Twitter on Thursday. “The host of that party added his name to this letter to the Judiciary Committee attesting to Kavanaugh’s character.”
Sep 22 2018 09:59am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Sep 22 2018 11:52am)
I think thats a big part of Trump's appeal: yes, he's an asshole and says and does terrible things from time to time - but at least he's transparent about it. With most other "career politicians", we know that they are shady scumbags who do and say terrible things as well (albeit not all of them to the same degree as Trump), but it's hidden behind a mask of political correctness and phony smiles. With Trump, unlike with most career politicians, we know who he is, what motivates him and what we can expect from his presidency.

i hate this whole "omg trump is so transparent" narrative. sure, a lot of the dumb shit he does is out in the open (like telling Russia to hack Hillary) so we're all like "oh, he's sooooo transparent!"

if his administration was so transparent, why did he freak out at the Op-ed writer/story? shouldn't he have been glad that the public finally knew about his "two-track" presidency?

it's selective transparency at best, he only does so in instances he thinks will benefit him. If it weren't for the rabid media this wouldn't be that much of a transparent administration.

Gold: 4,404.67
Sep 22 2018 10:02am
Quote (Horford @ 22 Sep 2018 17:59)
i hate this whole "omg trump is so transparent" narrative. sure, a lot of the dumb shit he does is out in the open (like telling Russia to hack Hillary) so we're all like "oh, he's sooooo transparent!"

if his administration was so transparent, why did he freak out at the Op-ed writer/story? shouldn't he have been glad that the public finally knew about his "two-track" presidency?

it's selective transparency at best, he only does so in instances he thinks will benefit him. If it weren't for the rabid media this wouldn't be that much of a transparent administration.

what do you mean with two-track presidency?
that he freaked out at the Op-ed story is easy to explain: it made him look like a weak leader, it was public illoyality by one of his closer staff members, and it made his administration appear to be in disarray. for a man who's known to be obsessed with his public image and loyality, that's enough to freak out.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Sep 22 2018 10:04am
Gold: 500.00
Sep 22 2018 10:05am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Sep 22 2018 11:02am)
that he freaked out at the Op-ed story is easy to explain: it made him look like a weak leader, it made one of his closest staffers illoyal, and it made his administration appear to be in disarray. for a man who's known to be obsessed with his public image and loyality, that's enough to freak out.

:huh:
Sep 22 2018 10:07am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Sep 22 2018 12:02pm)
that he freaked out at the Op-ed story is easy to explain: it made him look like a weak leader, and it made his administration appear to be in disarray. for a man who's known to be obsessed with his public image, that's enough to freak out.

you don't get it do you.

there's no appearance there, it's reality. hence him trying to contain and covering up the state of disarray in his administration isn't being transparent at all. do you see my point?

Sep 22 2018 10:07am
Quote (duffman316 @ Sep 22 2018 12:05pm)
:huh:

this guy gets it
Gold: 28,296.75
Sep 22 2018 10:09am
Quote (Horford @ Sep 22 2018 08:59am)

my point would be that Trump is causing it not creating it

the leaks the impulsive tweets and statements the bedroom bully behavior

a typical President goes into hiding and you don't get the leaks and you don't get anything other than an official lawyer drafted and approved generic statement every now and again

the peeks into governing at that level and how the Trump administration is functioning (or not) will benefit generations to come

The bullshit King ironically and unintentionally is giving us a clearer view that we would never see with someone typical
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1112113114115116443Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll