d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev110111213143169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 20.31
Jul 22 2015 01:06pm
Quote (ThatAlex @ Jul 22 2015 11:51am)
I agree. But I will also say that polling is predictive this far out. It increases in predictive power approaching the election, yes, but it has plenty of power this far out, too.

Nah, it's consistently failed to accurately measure viability and competitiveness because it's far too noisy and over-reliant on name recognition. Literally every single election in the modern era would have been called incorrectly if it was up to polling in the invisible primary. Ironically one of Trump's most-used (and misused) anecdotes is a couple of polls from shitty firms showed him leading against Obama in April 2011, when in reality Obama would have absolutely obliterated him the following year.

The only use that head-to-head polling has at this point is quantifying exposure, and measuring who is getting their message out and becoming better-known. Clinton would not beat Trump by 24 points or anything close to it. That is essentially impossible barring major personal scandal. She'd destroy him in the battleground states but the NPV would still end up similar to a 56%-44% two-party margin.
Gold: 273.00
Jul 22 2015 02:39pm
Neither.

If I havr to chooese between the two, trump by volumes.
Gold: 129.89
Jul 22 2015 03:24pm
Quote (stimpy6298 @ Jul 18 2015 06:18am)
Lmk

Hilary had it clinched for a while now I thought
Gold: 0.00
Jul 22 2015 03:27pm
I find it hilarious how Trumps polls skyrocketed immediately after his racist anti-mexican speech. Says a lot about the GOP voter base.
Gold: 0.00
Jul 22 2015 03:38pm
Quote (Scaly @ Jul 22 2015 09:27pm)
I find it hilarious how Trumps polls skyrocketed immediately after his racist anti-mexican speech. Says a lot about the GOP voter base.

I don't see how what he said is any different than when people say things like the vast majority of serial killers are white. Truth is, there's an illegal immigration problem and not all of these people crossing the border are Cheech & Chong. People seem to be really hung up on the whole "some of which I assume are good people" bit. Yeah, he could've used better wording and thought more carefully about what he said. At the end of the day, he resonates with something that a lot of Americans are upset about, the border situation, which many politicians are too afraid to tackle because they stink of fear of that big R-word. Trump is too flamboyant and headstrong for my taste (I don't think his traits would make a good diplomatic leader). But, he's refreshing and exposing how vulnerable today's pandering parties are.
Gold: 7,368.83
Jul 22 2015 03:39pm
She joined the Green Party in 2007 after expressing her disillusionment with the Democratic Party leadership. Cynthia McKinney for president !!! Why no option? Oh Yeah you just a brainwashed American lol
Gold: 2,620.00
Jul 22 2015 03:39pm
Quote (Pollster @ 22 Jul 2015 14:06)
Nah, it's consistently failed to accurately measure viability and competitiveness because it's far too noisy and over-reliant on name recognition. Literally every single election in the modern era would have been called incorrectly if it was up to polling in the invisible primary. Ironically one of Trump's most-used (and misused) anecdotes is a couple of polls from shitty firms showed him leading against Obama in April 2011, when in reality Obama would have absolutely obliterated him the following year.

The only use that head-to-head polling has at this point is quantifying exposure, and measuring who is getting their message out and becoming better-known. Clinton would not beat Trump by 24 points or anything close to it. That is essentially impossible barring major personal scandal. She'd destroy him in the battleground states but the NPV would still end up similar to a 56%-44% two-party margin.

Don't completely dismiss the predictive power of polls even though we are still a year plus out.

Take a look at what FiveThirtyEight and Nate Silver have done over the past couple of elections, for instance.

There is still great predictive power to be had from polling and statistics, even 15+ months out.
Gold: 0.76
Jul 22 2015 05:58pm
Quote (doomchaser @ 22 Jul 2015 16:39)
She joined the Green Party in 2007 after expressing her disillusionment with the Democratic Party leadership. Cynthia McKinney for president !!! Why no option? Oh Yeah you just a brainwashed American lol

Green party candidates are terribly overlooked on a national scale. nobody wants to be made to feel guilty.

but there has been a lot of success in pushing local grass roots green party candidates and agendas. It's easier to make people feel responsible for their own areas..
Gold: 7,368.83
Jul 22 2015 06:23pm
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Jul 22 2015 04:58pm)
Green party candidates are terribly overlooked on a national scale. nobody wants to be made to feel guilty.

but there has been a lot of success in pushing local grass roots green party candidates and agendas. It's easier to make people feel responsible for their own areas..

We been made to believe.. only 2 choices or wasted vote...3 if a billionaire runs as a independent ... They keep your attention on those 3... And we blind to the other possibilities.. The poor live on less, but get taxed a higher percent.. That is todays democracy .. I cant turn on the tv without hearing of Trump .. Nothing of real issues.. But I live in America ... We just get propaganda now lol .. forward march..left .left , left rightya left ...
Gold: 7,252.72
Jul 22 2015 06:30pm
Quote (doomchaser @ Jul 22 2015 08:23pm)
We been made to believe.. only 2 choices or wasted vote...3 if a billionaire runs as a independent ... They keep your attention on those 3... And we blind to the other possibilities.. The poor live on less, but get taxed a higher percent.. That is todays democracy .. I cant turn on the tv without hearing of Trump .. Nothing of real issues.. But I live in America ... We just get propaganda now lol .. forward march..left .left , left rightya left ...

...the poor are , for the most part , exempt from paying income taxes .
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev110111213143169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll