d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Forced Vaccinations For Children?
Prev1101112131447Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 500.00
Feb 10 2015 10:28am
Quote (Bazi @ Feb 10 2015 11:25am)
You have your answer m8

Ignorant slaves rawr!

I find it depressing that these people exist :/
Gold: 83.30
Feb 10 2015 10:29am
It's very hard to sympathise with people who willfully not vaccinate when they have no medical reason. They not only endanger themselves but a lot of very vulnerable people too.

Religious exemption should not be an option regarding vaccinations.
Gold: 4,921.71
Feb 10 2015 10:35am
Quote (duffman316 @ Feb 10 2015 11:28am)

I think most of these guys are talking a big talk just to play devil's advocate. When push came to shove I'm sure most of these people would vaccinate their own child. Not only this but if they had a child, or a parent, immunocompromised for xyz reason, they would be vocal about ensuring people get their immunizations.

I hope so at least
Gold: 277,740.50
Feb 10 2015 10:47am
Quote (balrog66 @ Feb 10 2015 12:29pm)
It's very hard to sympathise with people who willfully not vaccinate when they have no medical reason. They not only endanger themselves but a lot of very vulnerable people too.

I agree with you, still no reason to make it mandatary, we are doing fine with actual laws.

Gold: 11,407.33
Feb 10 2015 10:48am
Quote (Bazi @ Feb 10 2015 11:35am)
I think most of these guys are talking a big talk just to play devil's advocate. When push came to shove I'm sure most of these people would vaccinate their own child. Not only this but if they had a child, or a parent, immunocompromised for xyz reason, they would be vocal about ensuring people get their immunizations.

I hope so at least

As has already been explained, whether someone gets or advocates a vaccination is a separate issue from whether they should be mandatory or not.

Quote (duffman316 @ Feb 10 2015 11:28am)

I find it depressing that ignorant statist filth who advocate unjust violence and oppression exist.

It's very hard to sympathize with people who willfully don't wear a hazmat suit when they have no medical reason. They not only endanger themselves but a lot of very vulnerable people too.

Religious exemption should not be an option regarding mandatory hazmat suits.

I guarantee you mandatory hazmat suits would 'save' far more lives.
Gold: 500.00
Feb 10 2015 10:52am
Quote (cambovenzi @ Feb 10 2015 11:48am)
As has already been explained, whether someone gets or advocates a vaccination is a separate issue from whether they should be mandatory or not.

I find it depressing that ignorant statist filth who advocate unjust violence and oppression exist.

It's very hard to sympathize with people who willfully don't wear a hazmat suit when they have no medical reason. They not only endanger themselves but a lot of very vulnerable people too.

Religious exemption should not be an option regarding mandatory hazmat suits.

I guarantee you mandatory hazmat suits would 'save' far more lives.

Why do you think is the source of the current measles outbreak?
Gold: 277,740.50
Feb 10 2015 10:53am
Quote (Thor123422 @ Feb 10 2015 12:10pm)
There are some risks and they are well known. Autism isn't one of them and the doctor who tried to say it is was exposed as a fraud.

they didint say there were some risk, they ask if last vaccination was recent. Autism is not a risk ? ok, but does it mean that all future vaccines are 0% of getting autism ? What is wrong with collecting information and evaluate if there is some risks for actual vaccines?, where are we going if we put in jail a doctor because he evaluate the risks ?

This post was edited by 2sexy4u on Feb 10 2015 10:53am
Gold: 0.76
Feb 10 2015 10:57am
I get my dog rabies vaccinated the county and state tells me I have to, but I'd do it anyway because the chances are alot more likely she'll get bit by a coon or coyote than she will have a allergic reaction.

The saying know when to pick your battles comes to mind. I am a strong believer in liberty, and steadfastly grip the few we have left. But, I feel that the parent that denies the child a vaccination is denying that child the same chance of becoming a healthy adult. So for the liberty of the child both potential and present I say vaccinate the child. By consensus of the medical community it is the safest by far thing you can do.

This post was edited by Valhalls_Sun on Feb 10 2015 11:01am
Gold: 8,762.50
Feb 10 2015 11:02am

i think forced vaccinations for public schools is fine. i see it in the same category as smoking legislation; you aren't allowed to smoke inside because people don't want to be exposed to your cigarettes. maybe parents don't want their kids exposed to other kids with the flu.

why we are still debating the whole vaccine thing boggles my mind, but if you are genuinely against vaccinations for you and your family, that's fine. just homeschool your kids and get your groceries delivered.
Gold: 11,407.33
Feb 10 2015 11:36am
the Informed Consent section of the AMA Code of Medical Ethics states:

"The patient should make his or her own determination about treatment... Informed consent is a basic policy in both ethics and law that physicians must honor, unless the patient is unconscious or otherwise incapable of consenting and harm from failure to treat is imminent."

Why do you think is the source of the current measles outbreak?

Im assuming thats supposed to say 'what'.

A lack of hazmat suits.
Do any of our resident anti-forced-hazmatsuit members feel no sense of responsibility for the current outbreak of any disease and sickness?

I get my dog rabies vaccinated the county and state tells me I have to, but I'd do it anyway because the chances are alot more likely she'll get bit by a coon or coyote than she will have a allergic reaction.

The saying know when to pick your battles comes to mind. I am a strong believer in liberty, and steadfastly grip the few we have left. But, I feel that the parent that denies the child a vaccination is denying that child the same chance of becoming a healthy adult. So for the liberty both potential and present I say vaccinate the child. By consensus of the medical community it is the safest by far thing you can do.

Whether you or the state owns your body and decides which medical treatments you have is a pretty important issue.

Abandoning liberty when you think the thing being mandated is a good thing, or when it agrees with your world view is feeble and counterproductive.
Is there nothing you like to do that is uncommon or doesn't enjoy popular support? Would you want those things banned?

There are many things a majority of people think are good ideas or that can save lives. Whether its eating healthy, or wearing protective gear, or covering your mouth and nose when you sneeze.
Should they be mandatory for everyone?

I would also say there is a tangible significant difference between blanket mandates of vaccines and just making them required to attend some schools.
However there is something sinister and unsavory about forcing someone to pay for something, making it essentially compulsory for many people to go there, and then forcing them to do various things in order to go there.

This post was edited by cambovenzi on Feb 10 2015 11:41am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1101112131447Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll