d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Paul Ryan Budget
Prev1101112131415Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Admin
Gold: 16,845.00
Trader: Trusted
Mar 29 2012 01:15pm
Quote (RUSSiABANK @ 29 Mar 2012 14:13)
Over the course of a year is what i meant. That's technically piecemeal. All at once is saying goodbye to all of them literally at once. There are many programs he will phase out afterwards though. But his proposal is the only one that will actually lead to a permanent recovery in the future...if his plans are carried out. First, we actually need to experience a recession, not pour more gasoline on the fire (in the words of Peter Schiff)

Can't cut deficits unless the people start making more money and you get more taxes from the bottom up. That's flawed logic.

Not true, if entitlements continue on the path they are, they will eventually overtake the budget once again. He's just kicking the can down the road. You cannot solve this problem without fundamentally changing entitlements (beyond simple cuts).
Gold: 133,165.00
Quote (njaguar @ Mar 29 2012 12:12pm)
Have you guys debated revoking the minimum wage in the PaRD before? It's something I've heard talked about, but haven't seen any serious back and forth dialogue on the matter.

I talk about it as a serious issue. Never seen a topic on it though. Many economists would agree with me.

The minimum wage does not help the poor. It actually hurts them, because they can never get training for higher paying jobs, and they can't even make an income at all. Not to mention all the state dependency.

It's an utter joke. Businesses often choose not to hire labor at all because of all the legal mess/minimum wage. And that's your problem.
Gold: 5,016.77
Quote (RUSSiABANK @ Mar 29 2012 02:13pm)
Can't cut deficits unless the people start making more money and you get more taxes from the bottom up. That's flawed logic.

Can you read? I advocate raising taxes once we have a steadily growing economy(at a good rate).
Gold: 285.00
Quote (njaguar @ Mar 29 2012 02:12pm)
Have you guys debated revoking the minimum wage in the PaRD before? It's something I've heard talked about, but haven't seen any serious back and forth dialogue on the matter.

We haven't had a full blown debate on it, but it is something that is going the way of the dinosaur, for better or worse.

We have talked about it, but always in the context of another issue.

This post was edited by Skinned on Mar 29 2012 01:16pm
Admin
Gold: 16,845.00
Trader: Trusted
Mar 29 2012 01:16pm
Quote (RUSSiABANK @ 29 Mar 2012 14:15)
I talk about it as a serious issue. Never seen a topic on it though. Many economists would agree with me.

The minimum wage does not help the poor. It actually hurts them, because they can never get training for higher paying jobs, and they can't even make an income at all. Not to mention all the state dependency.

It's an utter joke. Businesses often choose not to hire labor at all because of all the legal mess/minimum wage. And that's your problem.

You should create a singular topic discussing this issue. I'm sure it'll cover a wide range of other related material, but at least then it's more focused on that concept.
Mar 29 2012 01:16pm
Quote (njaguar @ Mar 29 2012 12:15pm)
Not true, if entitlements continue on the path they are, they will eventually overtake the budget once again. He's just kicking the can down the road. You cannot solve this problem without fundamentally changing entitlements (beyond simple cuts).

He is fundamentally changing entitlements. He has plans to phase out social security and medicare entirely. He will take out the military industrial complex in one swoop (that's the easiest for him to do).

And the departments, he's taking out those too, because they can be more cheaply handled by individuals, the free market, and the states.

His budget has us decreasing the deficit over the next 10 years.

This post was edited by RUSSiABANK on Mar 29 2012 01:17pm
Gold: 285.00
Mar 29 2012 01:17pm
Quote (RUSSiABANK @ Mar 29 2012 02:16pm)
He is fundamentally changing entitlements. He has plans to phase out social security and medicare entirely. He will take out the military industrial complex in one swoop (that's the easiest for him to do).

And the departments, he's taking out those too, because they can be more cheaply handled by individuals, the free market, and the states.

Sounds like you want a dictator. You know the president won't be able to do that right?
Mar 29 2012 01:20pm
Quote (Skinned @ Mar 29 2012 12:17pm)
Sounds like you want a dictator.  You know the president won't be able to do that right?

He wants to pass a law to allow the nation's youth opt out of the program, and instead use MSA's and other methods to pay for healthcare.

Right now you can't opt out.

That will eventually phase out these useless over-bloated programs.

And I told you, we need a dictator right now. We really desperately do. But not just any dictator, we need one like Ron Paul...who can handle the power, and who can give it up after slashing off all the tumors that are choking off the entire blood supply of our economy.

He would do much more than any other candidate though, even without dictatorial powers. And he would at least uphold liberty, and would take out all the executive orders that debase our republic.
Gold: 5,016.77
Mar 29 2012 01:21pm
Quote (RUSSiABANK @ Mar 29 2012 02:20pm)
He wants to pass a law to allow the nation's youth opt out of the program, and instead use MSA's and other methods to pay for healthcare.

Right now you can't opt out.

That will eventually phase out these useless over-bloated programs.

And I told you, we need a dictator right now. We really desperately do. But not just any dictator, we need one like Ron Paul...who can handle the power, and who can give it up after slashing off all the tumors that are choking off the entire blood supply of our economy.

He would do much more than any other candidate though, even without dictatorial powers. And he would at least uphold liberty, and would take out all the executive orders that debase our republic.

Another Paulbot in favor of trashing the constitution I see...
Mar 29 2012 01:21pm
Quote (njaguar @ Mar 29 2012 12:16pm)
You should create a singular topic discussing this issue. I'm sure it'll cover a wide range of other related material, but at least then it's more focused on that concept.

Possibly. I'll do so later or tomorrow. I'll make sure to get some interesting sources to discuss as well. And of course, ill bring up the most relevant points.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1101112131415Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll