d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Trump Assassination Attempt 2: Electric Boogaloo
Prev1101112
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.85
Sep 17 2024 04:24pm
I love how Pdiddy arrest happen a day after this incident. Guess they don't want people to talk bout Trump. Like they put in Kamala after the first attempt. We shall not talk bout Trump on the corporate news.
Gold: 80,771.69
Sep 17 2024 05:07pm
Quote (Chainsaw47 @ Sep 17 2024 03:01pm)
I thought it was Goom's Hill

It's the same with "expert says". Just a way to convince people who won't bother reading the full article or looking into a subject. "WaPo said without evidence, so it must be true, Trump is lying again"

the truth turns your world upside down, reflect on it for a while:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/reflection

Gold: 4,404.67
Sep 17 2024 05:16pm
Quote (Goomshill @ 17 Sep 2024 09:06)
I want to hear what you guys think would happen

Say the 3rd (or 4th at this rate) gunman's bullet actually catches Trump. What would be the effects on the election, and the country, short/long term?

Vance would presumably clean up the election with ease, what happens from there is anyone's guess. He's clearly not a great politician, a majority of the people's first reaction to him is not liking him. But once in office, they would be forced to listen to him and get to know him more, so I assume he would benefit quite a bit from incumbency. I have no idea how he would govern, though; whether he would try to burn down the swamp or just settle for a staunch right-wing administration within the parameters of the system.

But yes, there'd be a rather high likelihood for the MAGA movement (in the stricter sense) to just fizzle out. Trump is unique, no other person can replicate what he's doing. I really don't see the GOP going back to its pre-Trump policies and ideology though. The only hope for the neocons and NeverTrumpers is that Trump ekes out an unconvincing win with a huge popular vote - electoral college split, followed by an utterly disastrous second term which makes GWB in 2008 look popular in comparison. Taking out Trump now would imho weaken MAGA in terms of general elections, but consolidate/strengthen its grip on the GOP.

Besides the political consequcens, I would expect an eruption of violence and chaos. And I would expect the MSM to essentially go full mask-off and condone or even outright cheer the murder of Trump. Which, in turn, would imho cause the Trump-supporting or Trump-curious ~50-55% of the country to lose their trust in the MSM even more.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Sep 17 2024 05:16pm
Gold: 2.77
Sep 18 2024 01:59am
Quote (iLoveMyUsername @ Sep 17 2024 06:24pm)
I love how Pdiddy arrest happen a day after this incident. Guess they don't want people to talk bout Trump. Like they put in Kamala after the first attempt. We shall not talk bout Trump on the corporate news.

Glorifying the first attempt likely is the reason why a second occured but that doesn't fit your narrative
Gold: 19,644.00
Sep 18 2024 11:59am
I may just vote for the guy these fuckers keep trying to kill.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1101112
Add Reply New Topic New Poll