d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearing Week
Prev1108109110111112443Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5.77
Sep 21 2018 08:53pm
What bothers me the most about all of this is the nearly transparent theatre being put on two parties which are in lock-step with one another when it comes to defending western cultural imperialism, the military industrial complex, and human rights abuses.

The Democrats will promote an alleged rape from more than three decades ago because it serves the purpose of impotent yet enthusiastic social debate. At the same time, they will vote unanimously in favor of authorizing a bloated military "defense" package which siphons billions of American tax dolls into the pockets of wealthy private contractors. And they completely ignore or give only passing comment to real issues that should derail the Kavanaugh hearing; issues like renditioning to literal CIA black ops sites, and the approval of torture during the Bush administration. Democrats blast social zeitgeist issues through a bullhorn to stir up false controversy while embracing totalitarians and torturers.

Watch the show. Kavanaugh is getting confirmed; that was always agreed. We'll probably see something like Collins voting yes, Murkowski voting no, and Manchin and McCaskill voting yes to offset Murkowski and prevent the need for a Pence vote. Then Republicans loudly proclaim bipartisanship, and Democrats walk away looking like they "tried to do something" to their base, knowing damn well they really did nothing at all except provide a circus to keep the public distracted while the military industrial complex tightens its grip around the throat of democracy and liberty.
Gold: 13,845.00
Sep 21 2018 09:27pm
Quote (inkanddagger @ Sep 21 2018 07:53pm)
What bothers me the most about all of this is the nearly transparent theatre being put on two parties which are in lock-step with one another when it comes to defending western cultural imperialism, the military industrial complex, and human rights abuses.

The Democrats will promote an alleged rape from more than three decades ago because it serves the purpose of impotent yet enthusiastic social debate. At the same time, they will vote unanimously in favor of authorizing a bloated military "defense" package which siphons billions of American tax dolls into the pockets of wealthy private contractors. And they completely ignore or give only passing comment to real issues that should derail the Kavanaugh hearing; issues like renditioning to literal CIA black ops sites, and the approval of torture during the Bush administration. Democrats blast social zeitgeist issues through a bullhorn to stir up false controversy while embracing totalitarians and torturers.

Watch the show. Kavanaugh is getting confirmed; that was always agreed. We'll probably see something like Collins voting yes, Murkowski voting no, and Manchin and McCaskill voting yes to offset Murkowski and prevent the need for a Pence vote. Then Republicans loudly proclaim bipartisanship, and Democrats walk away looking like they "tried to do something" to their base, knowing damn well they really did nothing at all except provide a circus to keep the public distracted while the military industrial complex tightens its grip around the throat of democracy and liberty.

I think initially Trump really did want to run the country like a corporation that maximizes profit or utility and minimizes cost or inefficiency. I remember him talking about how we waste a lot of money on unneeded military spending and how we should be more economic in negotiating military contracts. He sounded very prudent when he talked about staying out of wars and wanting to end Iraq & Afghanistan. Sure there are people like Rand Paul or a few other outliers but for the most part, those voices are drowned out. It was refreshing to hear him actually bring this up in a sea of Yes-man when it comes to war.

Unfortunately, you can't make it in Washington and be against the military cabal, so eventually, he was refined into a Yes-man like the others. People scoff and discard the notion of a deep state but if you want evidence that it exists just look at this single issue. The media doesn't cover it, the politicians don't ever debate it or bring it up, whether it's Fox or CNN they are always propping some foreign threat i.e. Russia, NK, Iran, etc. to justify endless spending. Remember how once upon a time the democratic party was critical of the Iraq war, military spending, interventions, etc? I remember. I also remember how Democrats and left-leaning media were the loudest in their cries for war to topple Assad. Even on these forums, neocons and Democrats joined forces in 1984-esque cries that the only way we'll bring peace to Syria is through war.

You're right in a sense but the military industrial complex is just one side of the Rubik's cube.

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Sep 21 2018 09:33pm
Gold: 10,485.00
Sep 21 2018 09:31pm

Senate panel to vote on Kavanaugh on Monday unless deal reached with accuser

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-court-kavanaugh-panel-vote/senate-panel-to-vote-on-kavanaugh-on-monday-unless-deal-reached-with-accuser-idUSKCN1M12TO

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee will hold a vote on confirmation of Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh on Monday if no deal was reached by 10 p.m. EDT Friday (0200 GMT Saturday) on how Christine Blasey Ford, who has accused Kavanaugh of sexual assault, would testify, the panel’s chairman said.

“I’m extending the deadline for response yet again to 10 o’clock this evening. I’m providing a notice of a vote to occur Monday in the event that Dr. Ford’s attorneys don’t respond or Dr. Ford decides not to testify,” Republican Senator Chuck Grassley said in a statement.

Well, well, well....
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Sep 21 2018 09:40pm
Quote (Ghot @ Sep 21 2018 11:31pm)
Senate panel to vote on Kavanaugh on Monday unless deal reached with accuser

[URL=https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-court-kavanaugh-panel-vote/senate-panel-to-vote-on-kavanaugh-on-monday-unless-deal-reached-with-accuser-idUSKCN1M12TO]https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-court-kavanaugh-panel-vote/senate-panel-to-vote-on-kavanaugh-on-monday-unless-deal-reached-with-accuser-idUSKCN1M12TO[/URL]

Well, well, well....

Time to ram kavanaugh through, just like kavanaugh rammed Dr. Ford at that party. How fitting.
Gold: 0.00
Sep 21 2018 09:42pm
Quote (Ghot @ Sep 21 2018 09:31pm)

So, just waiting to hear if they made a deal now.
Gold: 2,620.00
Sep 21 2018 09:46pm
Quote (Ghot @ 21 Sep 2018 22:31)

In this case, I say Democrats just let the vote happen with no testimonies. Otherwise it is just a he said-she said, and Kavanaugh gets through regardless.

If Republicans want to confirm Kavanaugh without an investigation into Ford's claims, I say just let him through rather than half-ass it. I'm fine with those optics.

The GOP has a lot of time before the midterms. It's only in the best interest to clear Kavanaugh and expose another leftist lie. Imagine how embarrassing it would be for Democrats to be caught in such a partisan scheme.
Sep 21 2018 10:23pm
Quote (ThatAlex @ Sep 21 2018 11:46pm)
In this case, I say Democrats just let the vote happen with no testimonies. Otherwise it is just a he said-she said, and Kavanaugh gets through regardless.

If Republicans want to confirm Kavanaugh without an investigation into Ford's claims, I say just let him through rather than half-ass it. I'm fine with those optics.

The GOP has a lot of time before the midterms. It's only in the best interest to clear Kavanaugh and expose another leftist lie. Imagine how embarrassing it would be for Democrats to be caught in such a partisan scheme.

Lol. You say "caught" like there's some doubt. :)
Gold: 22,164.69
Sep 21 2018 10:41pm
sometimes they have some pretty good material

This post was edited by Goomshill on Sep 21 2018 10:42pm
Sep 21 2018 10:52pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Sep 22 2018 12:41am)
sometimes they have some pretty good material

https://i.imgur.com/f3aGnui.jpg

That's a keeper. :D

Doctor Sleutts?
Sep 22 2018 03:57am

U.S. Senate's Grassley sets Saturday deadline for Kavanaugh accuser: NY Times

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-court-kavanaugh/u-s-senates-grassley-sets-saturday-deadline-for-kavanaugh-accuser-ny-times-idUSKCN1M11LX

Grassley gave Ford’s attorneys until 2:30 p.m. EST to negotiate the terms of her testimony to the committee next week, the Times reported, citing an email he sent to her lawyers.

Earlier in the night, Grassley said on Twitter that he had granted an extension to Ford after a 10 p.m. (0200 GMT Saturday) deadline he set to reach a deal with Ford’s lawyers had passed.

“Judge Kavanaugh I just granted another extension to Dr. Ford to decide if she wants to proceed (with) the statement she made last week to testify to the Senate,” Grassley wrote on Twitter. “She should decide so we can move on. I want to hear her. I hope you understand. It’s not my normal approach to be indecisive.”

Grassley had said earlier that the panel would hold a vote on Kavanaugh’s confirmation on Monday unless a deal was reached with Ford’s lawyers by Friday night’s deadline.

The Saturday 2:30 pm deadline is the only new information in this long ass article.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1108109110111112443Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll