d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The Earth Is Flat > Gods Work
Prev1108109110111Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5,168.97
Aug 24 2016 11:48am
Quote (card_sultan @ Aug 24 2016 06:35pm)
well if you only see 1 mile of horizon there is only 8 inches of drop - hows that work into your 1% theory? :bonk:

What 1% theory??? You said there is a 1.26 miles curve in a particular 100 miles horizon under whatever circumstances, not me. I was only responding to your post.
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
Aug 24 2016 11:54am
Quote (thesnipa @ Aug 24 2016 07:38am)
you can't elude to optics and then criticize things the human eye can't observe. sorry. Sometimes you have to trust people who run billion dollar telescopes to make more accurate measurement of how far the sun is away than you can with the naked eye. And sometimes you have to trust people who tell us how far the approximated distance is between objects because they are but one person in a long line of astronomers who have observed and tracked movement of celestial objects for centuries in relation to each other.

It would be great if out 5 senses explained the secrets of the universe down to a microscopic level, they don't.

you mistrust everything you can't see, yet the tests to validate your theories would use many of the same tools.

So in the 50s, why did everyone trust in priests to watch over their children so much and why do they not think the same way know? How did that work out for a lot of kids.

Aren't you just saying the same thing about astro priests?

This post was edited by card_sultan on Aug 24 2016 11:54am
Gold: 2,504.69
Aug 24 2016 11:59am
Quote (card_sultan @ Aug 24 2016 11:54am)
So in the 50s, why did everyone trust in priests to watch over their children so much and why dont they not think the same way know? How did that work out for a lot of kids.

Aren't you just saying the same thing about astro priests?

your hypothetical premise is imperfect. Many catechism and altar boy meetings are still run today by priests with children and no other supervision. The church has many instances of abuse, but its not a high percentage of priests by any measure. Most priests, like most humans, can be trusted not to molest children.

I'm not saying scientists should be implicitly trusted, that's nonsensical. In fact i've taken you to task multiple times for assuming people are blindly faithful to science or that scientists are blindly faithful to their own theories. They simply default to trusting tested data unless an observed phenomena brings that into question.

Gold: 4.00
Aug 24 2016 12:00pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Aug 24 2016 01:27pm)
Ok let's suppose a human can run a marathon before he collapses, how far can he run in a vacuum - infinity? Really think about how ridiculous that would be to think that. You think that light infinitely travels effectively through space because that is what you are told to think , that the sun is 93 million miles away, its all assumption, i prefer to believe what i see vs what i am told to think. It depends which you prefer - do you trust a guy in a lab coat more telling you what to think or a guy showing you actual things and teaching you how to think for yourself?

Trust is a funny thing - look at that newscaster Brian Williams - so he couldn't imagine a story from 10 years ago perfectly, doesn't everyone do that? I'm pretty sure that 2 foot fish someone caught will grow to a 4 foot monster of the deep in 30 years, memory is a shifting thing, not some file on a hard drive that can be relooked at in 10 years with the exact same data.

We calculated and then later measured the sun to be that far away based on our known value for the speed of light and how fast it takes that light to reach earth which is about 8 minutes.

What does this have to with your flat earth bullshit, light would sill behave the same way if the earth were flat even though it isnt

This post was edited by PuA2 on Aug 24 2016 12:01pm
Aug 24 2016 12:02pm
Quote (howtodisappearcompletely @ Aug 24 2016 07:48am)
What 1% theory??? You said there is a 1.26 miles curve in a particular 100 miles horizon under whatever circumstances, not me. I was only responding to your post.

Just because i used 100 mile horizon, the chart is full of examples from every distance, so use the chart and understand it, or you can do the math for yourself, the formula is there - just use excel, you dont need to trust me or the chart - check it out for yourself.
Aug 24 2016 12:04pm
Card man, stop putting words together just to try to make yourself sound correct, you have no basis of fact supporting your idea on the properties of light except for more made up sentences with no meaning or facts supporting them, it's an endless circle of trolling

Aug 24 2016 12:07pm
Quote (PuA2 @ Aug 24 2016 08:00am)
We calculated and then later measured the sun to be that far away based on our known value for the speed of light and how fast it takes that light to reach earth which is about 8 minutes.

What does this have to with your flat earth bullshit, light would sill behave the same way if the earth were flat even though it isnt

so do you think someone measure that time with an electronic stopwatch, you should stop trying to be what you think a hipster is.

Quote (PuA2 @ Aug 24 2016 08:04am)
Card man, stop putting words together just to try to make yourself sound correct, you have no basis of fact supporting your idea on the properties of light except for more made up sentences with no meaning or facts supporting them, it's an endless circle of trolling

teach me how to put words together so they don't make any sense, you seem good at that :rofl:

This post was edited by card_sultan on Aug 24 2016 12:09pm
Gold: 5,168.97
Aug 24 2016 12:09pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Aug 24 2016 08:02pm)
Just because i used 100 mile horizon, the chart is full of examples from every distance, so use the chart and understand it, or you can do the math for yourself, the formula is there - just use excel, you dont need to trust me or the chart - check it out for yourself.

Ok, very nice, there are multiple examples. You mentioned one and I responded to the exact one you mentioned. Why do you have the right to pinpoint one example, while any number I mention somehow has to be universally correct?

I know this concept is alien to you, but I was actually responding constructively to something you said. So can you please try to read my post and then do the same in return?

This post was edited by howtodisappearcompletely on Aug 24 2016 12:11pm
Aug 24 2016 12:09pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Aug 24 2016 02:07pm)
so do you think someone measure that time with an electronic stopwatch, you should stop trying to be what you think a hipster is.

You can't even come up with your own insults lol your just a sheep quoting lines you don't understand from the flat earthers website, lemme guess dude, you daddy taught you this huh. My hipster line towards you cut deep I see.
Aug 24 2016 12:11pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Aug 24 2016 02:07pm)

teach me how to put words together so they don't make any sense, you seem good at that :rofl:

Okay I'll teach you ready , keep saying the earth is flat.

Slain with ya own sword homie

This post was edited by PuA2 on Aug 24 2016 12:12pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1108109110111Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll