d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The Mueller Report
Prev1106107108109110173Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 57.00
May 1 2019 04:12pm
Quote (Skinned @ 1 May 2019 18:10)
Lol, I can't watch videos at work. I work every second I'm there and if I complete my caseload for the day I gtfo. My unit voted me the hardest worker in last years hospital week superlatives and they are all nurses, aides, and other social workers.

Like anyone else I do fuck off at work, but not very much man. If I have time to fuck off I have time to go home. Between my UR duties, discharge planning, working with families, etc, there is just no time to watch videos. I just watched a few clips of him not being able to answer questions for guys who are literally asking him the same questions over and over all day.

Honestly, as someone who has to answer questions all the time it is idiotic. He is going to fucking congress to get asked questions, he probably knows what about, so he could have prepared to answer the questions effectively, and instead he just bumbles around and plays dimwitted and kind of repeats the same inexact platitudes over and over without even addressing what the people talking to him are saying. And honestly the questions I get are way harder. I had a family meeting today where I had to recommend hospice and state why when the dude originally went into the hospital for a broken hip and had been fine up until then. Lack of reserves for healing, symptoms unnoticed due to slow development, and a cascading failure of organ systems is much harder to explain than what is in essence a book report for someone with lawyers' training. It is absurd. These guys really fucking suck at what they're doing and it is obvious. Barr is a fall-guy. He is going to be the next Scooter Libby, watch.

err.. the dear diary section is here https://forums.d2jsp.org/forum.php?f=276
‘watching’ others is for voyeurs like yourself

e: reported, btw

This post was edited by excellence on May 1 2019 04:12pm
Gold: 2,504.69
May 1 2019 04:17pm
Quote (tagged4nothing @ May 1 2019 04:10pm)
what was incredibly biased?

he really only explored the question "is Trump blatantly guilty of collusion with Russia", to which the answer is of course no.

there was a presumed intent at the onset of the investigation that this would be the scope of the investigation, but legally the purvue wasn't set to that. so reducing the conclusions only to that was a pretty biased and reductionist viewpoint.
Gold: 5,356.00
Trader: Trusted
May 1 2019 04:20pm
Quote (thesnipa @ May 1 2019 05:17pm)
he really only explored the question "is Trump blatantly guilty of collusion with Russia", to which the answer is of course no.

there was a presumed intent at the onset of the investigation that this would be the scope of the investigation, but legally the purvue wasn't set to that. so reducing the conclusions only to that was a pretty biased and reductionist viewpoint.

do you know who asked this? i'm not all the way through this yet.
May 1 2019 04:29pm
Quote (tagged4nothing @ May 1 2019 04:20pm)
do you know who asked this? i'm not all the way through this yet.

that wasn't a quote from the interview. i was using the quotes to separate thoughts.

the right winged perspective seems overly determined to force the narrative to collusion or bust.

the left winged perspective seems determined to make anything they can find criminal behavior.

because Barr's summary mainly focussed on the lack of proof of collusion it seems biased towards the commonly held right winged perspective in this context. I don't think Barr personally is an ideologue or overly biased overall, but his report seems more geared to the right.

admittedly the issue overall is very polarizing, so perhaps you're caught up on "biased" in this sense. people tend to have either a biased right winged or biased left winged perspective with very little inbetween.
May 1 2019 04:39pm
Quote (thesnipa @ May 1 2019 05:29pm)
that wasn't a quote from the interview. i was using the quotes to separate thoughts.

the right winged perspective seems overly determined to force the narrative to collusion or bust.

the left winged perspective seems determined to make anything they can find criminal behavior.

because Barr's summary mainly focussed on the lack of proof of collusion it seems biased towards the commonly held right winged perspective in this context. I don't think Barr personally is an ideologue or overly biased overall, but his report seems more geared to the right.

admittedly the issue overall is very polarizing, so perhaps you're caught up on "biased" in this sense. people tend to have either a biased right winged or biased left winged perspective with very little inbetween.

yes... i must be the biased one.

here's a right-wing perspective. that's nothing as to what you claim.
1:39:06 - Sasse

calling for clarification of law for preventing issues in the future.

i don't know how "barr" is biased for answering questions asked of him though. that is your claim (before calling me biased)
edit: actually more-so "not" asked of him

This post was edited by tagged4nothing on May 1 2019 04:41pm
May 1 2019 04:43pm
Quote (tagged4nothing @ May 1 2019 04:39pm)
yes... i must be the biased one.

here's a right-wing perspective. that's nothing as to what you claim.
1:39:06 - Sasse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=wslbt5BHUKM
calling for clarification of law for preventing issues in the future.

i don't know how "barr" is biased for answering questions asked of him though. that is your claim (before calling me biased)

i called Barr's summary biased (the one released weeks back), although i admittedly didn't differentiate from his hearing today. although you did your typical ask vague question so you didn't either.

i didn't call you biased, i said you may be getting caught up on my use of the word. biased as a word has a negative connotation, i'm not using it negatively here. i'm using "biased" to present both ends of a polarized spectrum.
Gold: 4,404.67
May 1 2019 04:43pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 2 May 2019 00:29)

Well, on the second key question of obstruction of justice, Barr's summary explicitly did present Mueller's key quote "while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him”.

So he did actually throw the Dems the meat they were craving for, the piece which they could exploit to continue this circus.
May 1 2019 04:47pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ May 1 2019 04:43pm)
Well, on the second key question of obstruction of justice, Barr's summary explicitly did present Mueller's key quote "while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him”.

So he did actually throw the Dems the meat they were craving for, the piece which they could exploit to continue this circus.

i think we'd need to dig into my own definitions of what bias amounts to.

to me Barr's summary is a mix of right winged talking points and neutral centrist. i.e. "he didn't do the thing that we see but he also might have". aka nothings.

whereas when i see centrist perspectives that i like it's more about right winged and left winged perspectives woven together. not right + neutral or left + neutral.

honestly tho how can a summary of such a massive investigation down to 4 pages ever do what i'd like? probably never.
May 1 2019 04:47pm
Quote (thesnipa @ May 1 2019 05:43pm)
i called Barr's summary biased (the one released weeks back), although i admittedly didn't differentiate from his hearing today. although you did your typical ask vague question so you didn't either.

i didn't call you biased, i said you may be getting caught up on my use of the word. biased as a word has a negative connotation, i'm not using it negatively here. i'm using "biased" to present both ends of a polarized spectrum.

Quote (thesnipa @ May 1 2019 04:58pm)
tbh i kept looking for the thing that would move the needle, and honestly i didn't see it.

stuff that's bad that we all knew was there, and nothing that makes Barr look like an outright liar, just that he presented an incredibly biased viewpoint. thus no needle movement.

you never said summary. don't call "me" vague when your statements are so vague, they bring questions.
anyway, it sounds like you are saying republicans and democrats are biased?
no shit sherlock

incoming edit about summary:
not only was it stated on the "summary", and confirmed more than just today..
that 4 page letter from barr was a "summary of the principal conclusions". not a summary of the full report.

anything including mueller is separate topic, but i'll go on that too if you want.

This post was edited by tagged4nothing on May 1 2019 04:55pm
May 1 2019 04:53pm
Quote (tagged4nothing @ May 1 2019 04:47pm)
you never said summary. don't call "me" vague when your statements are so vague, they bring questions.
anyway, it sounds like you are saying republicans and democrats are biased?
no shit sherlock

i admitted that i wasn't very clear. i try to do that when i can. perhaps you should as well.

like your question could have been "what about his testimony was biased" and we'd have gotten there a step sooner, luckily i can steer a ship through any storm so you're always safe with me old pal. just sit back and enjoy the ride, i can hold up both sides of the conversation.

but also, no that's not what i'm saying exactly. i'm saying the bereft of political party everyone seems to be decided already. whereas on many political issues there's a more varied range of views than we see on Russiagate.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1106107108109110173Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll