d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearing Week
Prev1106107108109110443Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Sep 21 2018 03:39pm
Quote (djman72 @ 21 Sep 2018 22:22)
An investigation delays his appointment to the highest court of the land. He's gone through extensive background checks, questioning, testimony, and general democrat debauchery. She won't testify until they investigate - which the FBI declined to do. She won't fly across the country, but will drive. It's all just stalling stalling and more stalling.

Feinstiener sat on this for 8 fucking weeks. EIGHT WEEKS. Never thought to try and pursue justice until it was politically convenient for their stall tactics.

I don't expect you to understand any of this, because you are a moron and a shill. This whole proceeding is a blatant attempt to delay the inevitable appointment. Her and her lawyer have been called - they need to fold or show their hand.

Everyone has been willing to give her ample time, resources, and opportunity to tell her story. Even Trump himself said these accusations shouldn't be pushed to the way side.

Saying he acts guilty because he's not inviting the FBI - who have declined to investigate - with open arms is moronic and lazy. The mere thought suites you will. We're innocent until proven guilty on this side of the pond, thank god you aren't in charge.

This is shaping up to be a smear campaign and the media isn't holding back fire everything they've got at him. Until evidence is brought forth, it's a he said she said. No evidence currently = smear.

I know most of this will go right over your rage filled head, but i hope you try to think critically for once, Von Goebbels.

the difference between us is that i'm well aware and able to acknowledge when 'my side' (and i'm saying that just to simplify the matter, corporate democrats in america are not really what i'd ever identify with) is trying to delay this for political reasons, they clearly are.
but that's to be expected - so spare me your crocodile tears, especially after outright stealing a scotus seat by blocking it for 14 months.

it still doesn't make any sense to not have this investigated. it's a serious charge against a potential life long judge on the highest court of the country. if you had the slightest bit of common sense and honesty, you'd realise that the circumstances alone merit that it's taken seriously. you'd also acknowledge the massive personal consequences this already has for her - does she really strike you as the kind of person who'd do that to themselves just to smear a judge? do you have to be a complete 'moron and a shill' (to quote your words) to become a member of the trump cult?
Gold: 22,164.69
Sep 21 2018 03:40pm
heinrich might be a descendant of goebbels but he speaks more like a descendant of a soviet like beria. Maybe he's heinrich von ribbentrop?
Gold: 57.00
Sep 21 2018 03:49pm
Quote (fender @ 21 Sep 2018 17:21)
ok, let's for a moment just ignore the fact that she has NO reason to frame kavanaugh for something and already has to deal with significant personal consequences, let alone if found accusing him wrongly - let's live in ghot world and assume he's a perfectly innocent good judge.

if you were in his situation, would you rather have your name cleared and the accuser publicly exposed, or would you want to live with the fact that half the country considers you a rapist? and anticipating your obvious reply, why would you rather be considered a rapist? even YOU must realise that doesn't make any sense...

we dont test people on an “hey are you innocent level” here

unlike your ancestors who robbed, jailed, and likely killed anyone remotely connected to Jewish people. with zero due process and now one of your cousins like last year dared to lecture others on how they should recognize Jewish people and Jerusalem :huh:

reported, btw
Gold: 10,485.00
Sep 21 2018 04:12pm

Senate panel wants Kavanaugh hearing terms worked out Friday

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-court-kavanaugh-panel/senate-panel-wants-kavanaugh-hearing-terms-worked-out-friday-idUSKCN1M12GW

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Senate Judiciary Committee has given Christine Blasey Ford’s lawyers until the end of Friday to agree on terms for her to testify about her sexual assault allegations against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, Politico reported, citing a Republican senator.

The panel agreed to hold the hearing on Wednesday, a day earlier than Ford had offered to appear, the senator, who was not identified, told Politico. The senator said Ford was expected to testify before Kavanaugh, but that lawmakers consented to Ford’s request not to have him in the same room with her.

You go SJC. :D
Gold: 28,296.75
Sep 21 2018 04:17pm
Quote (Ghot @ Sep 21 2018 03:12pm)

So he has until Wednesday to figure out how to play his foolish statement being exposed of not being at a party around her with no date or location
Sep 21 2018 04:28pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Sep 21 2018 06:17pm)
So he has until Wednesday to figure out how to play his foolish statement being exposed of not being at a party around her with no date or location

If you hear more desperation in his voice than in hers... Well, I question your objectivity

/e The SJC is getting what they want, like the want it.

This post was edited by Ghot on Sep 21 2018 04:31pm
Gold: 28,296.75
Sep 21 2018 04:31pm
Quote (Ghot @ Sep 21 2018 03:28pm)
If you hear more desperation in his voice than in hers... Well, I question your objectiveness.

If I were a betting man it all goes on her having enough to show him making an incorrect statement and was in fact there

Making a claim you're not somewhere without a date and place is very foolish even if you didn't sexually assault her

if he goes down it'll be on his own lie
Sep 21 2018 04:35pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Sep 21 2018 06:31pm)
If I were a betting man it all goes on her having enough to show him making an incorrect statement and was in fact there

Making a claim you're not somewhere without a date and place is very foolish even if you didn't sexually assault her

You're reaching bro. She has already stated, she was intoxicated, she doesn't know where they were, she doesn't remember how they got there.

Now her lawyer, the media, the people may not remember she said that, but you best believe the SJC will remember.
Gold: 2,504.69
Sep 21 2018 04:48pm
Quote (fender @ Sep 21 2018 03:21pm)
ok, let's for a moment just ignore the fact that she has NO reason to frame kavanaugh for something and already has to deal with significant personal consequences, let alone if found accusing him wrongly

this just isnt correct. if she's a REEEEEsister she has reason to "save america" by preventing a USSC appointment of a bad bad evil man. and she can't be "found to accuse him wrongly" because the statute of limitations is over. even if there was an FBI investigation there would be no conviction, the best they could do is say "hmmm we cant disprove it, so it's got some credibility". they can't try Kavanaugh, nor can they charge her for making a false report because 1, she didnt file one and 2, there is no trial to prove if she's wrong.

does it seem odd to me that someone would be willing to take this risk to their personal life? yes. did it seem odd to me when someone made it their life's work to shoot John Lennon, or the Pope, or MLK? yes. people do crazy shit for ill-begotten kookoo motivations. let's not discount that this woman could be deranged, and not the TDS kind. this could be a fabricated story, or somewhat true, or mostly true, or kinda true, or 100% true. we dont know, AND even after an FBI investigation we wont know. even after a court case you wouldnt know, but at least you'd have due process.

the 2 narratives that the left is pushing that are just 100% false are:

1. she has nothing to gain and everything to lose

2. an investigation will clear this up

both lies, downright lies.

Quote (Beowulf @ Sep 21 2018 04:31pm)

i can say with some confidence that i never raped anyone, in any time, or any place. whew glad to get that off my chest.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Sep 21 2018 04:57pm
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Sep 21 2018 05:29pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 21 Sep 2018 23:48)
this just isnt correct. if she's a REEEEEsister she has reason to "save america" by preventing a USSC appointment of a bad bad evil man. and she can't be "found to accuse him wrongly" because the statute of limitations is over. even if there was an FBI investigation there would be no conviction, the best they could do is say "hmmm we cant disprove it, so it's got some credibility". they can't try Kavanaugh, nor can they charge her for making a false report because 1, she didnt file one and 2, there is no trial to prove if she's wrong.

does it seem odd to me that someone would be willing to take this risk to their personal life? yes. did it seem odd to me when someone made it their life's work to shoot John Lennon, or the Pope, or MLK? yes. people do crazy shit for ill-begotten kookoo motivations. let's not discount that this woman could be deranged, and not the TDS kind. this could be a fabricated story, or somewhat true, or mostly true, or kinda true, or 100% true. we dont know, AND even after and FBI investigation we wont know. even after a court case you wouldnt know, but at least you'd have due process.

the 2 narratives that the left is pushing that are just 100% false are:

1. she has nothing to gain and everything to lose

2. an investigation will clear this up

both lies, downright lies.

i understand where you're coming from and sure, there is a remote possibility that she's a deranged person gladly sacrificing decades of her quiet and rather successful life to become a martyr for the incompetent democratic party - but do you really think the chances of that are even remotely close to the ones that there is at least some degree of truth to her story and that she's making that personal sacrifice to prevent the man who tried to rape her from shaping the laws of the country she lives in for decades?
also, of course she can be found accusing him wrongly, or does that phrase imply any legal consequences? the whole statute of limitations talking point seems rather irrelevant because she's not suing him, she 'only' wants the public to know what kind of person he is before the republicans will almost inevitably confirm him to become a judge at the highest court of america. and of course he can be found innocent and his name cleared if it turns out she made all that up - the truth is not linked to adjudication. also, we and the people deciding if they want to confirm him would certainly gain more insight into both their characters.

so acting like she does have something to gain based on the odd chance she might be a crazy person, and labeling the common sense approach '100% false' and a 'downright lie' sure seems rather biased - just like the assumption that an investigation won't contribute to clarity concerning the situation. i'd understand if you objected that there was a possibility she did it for selfish reasons, but seeing you completely in line with right wing spins seems somewhat suspicious.

it's really mindboggling what kind of hoops people are willing to jump through in order to make a perfectly reasonable call for an independent investigation sound unreasonable or pointless. just out or curiosity: are you anti-choice by any chance?

Quote (thesnipa @ 21 Sep 2018 23:48)
i can say with some confidence that i never raped anyone, in any time, or any place. whew glad to get that off my chest.

you might be able to say with confidence that you never raped anyone, but can you say with confidence that you've never been to a party where a person was a victim of an attempted rape? also, would you publicly admit if you ever raped someone?

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1106107108109110443Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll