d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The Earth Is Flat > Gods Work
Prev1106107108109110111Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
Aug 24 2016 12:31am
Quote (MultiMulti @ Aug 23 2016 07:53pm)
You posted A bunch of stuff in response to my question but NONE of it answers the question I asked....why do objects fall faster and faster the further they fall? Also you said the sun rotates around us...lmao. Plus I told you their is plenty of videos online of earth from space rotating. And I could argue a lot of the points you posted. The helium balloon rises because the air above it is being pulled down by the forces you mentions thus exerting PSI around it in every direction but slightly more so from below because there is higer psi at bottom of balloon than top. #2 to say we fully understand gravity would not be true, however we a young race in the universe this does not prove it does not exist just that there is more to be learned. #3 starts with gravity can only compute...we compute information not gravity itself lol. #4 has to do with psi again not gravity.

And you mentioned the higgs boson not existing.... On 4 July 2012, the ATLAS and CMS experiments at CERN's Large Hadron Collider announced they had each observed a new particle in the mass region around 126 GeV. This particle is consistent with the Higgs boson predicted by the Standard Model. The Higgs boson, as proposed within the Standard Model, is the simplest manifestation of the Brout-Englert-Higgs mechanism. Other types of Higgs bosons are predicted by other theories that go beyond the Standard Model.
On 8 October 2013 the Nobel prize in physics (link is external) was awarded jointly to François Englert and Peter Higgs "for the theoretical discovery of a mechanism that contributes to our understanding of the origin of mass of subatomic particles, and which recently was confirmed through the discovery of the predicted fundamental particle, by the ATLAS and CMS experiments at CERN's Large Hadron Collider." LMFAO

But you said in #5 it did not exist

I guess it's pretty hard to fathom things without gravity - or think that you can figure anything out for sure without years of research. It's just that it's never been shown that mass attracts mass - like not even remotely. That's why they had to create the Higgs boson , to explain the formation of planets after all matter was shooting into space at the speed of light away from each other. Its a joke, you'll probably never believe it's all made up crap - you do realize that i dont give 2 chits about what people believe, Im not asking for your support, to join a guild, to support a cause - like completely nothing, but look at how completely angry people are - like full on rage really, haha, I just dont want anyone to have a legitimate excuse to remain blind, so whatever you do - its fully your choice.
Gold: 5,168.97
Aug 24 2016 12:40am
Quote (card_sultan @ Aug 24 2016 07:09am)
so your saying that you've been to 327360 feet?

and actually u dont need to be that high to see curve if it existed

heres a rare view from a cockpit , the video shows just level

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc_9uFQ9Ss4

1. Take picture of ping pong ball.
2. Zoom in on the edge, let's say a few hundred or a few thousand times.
3. Suddenly, curve is gone!
4. ???
5. You've just proven that ping pong balls are flat; scientists HATE you now.
Aug 24 2016 12:55am
Quote (howtodisappearcompletely @ Aug 23 2016 08:40pm)
1. Take picture of ping pong ball.
2. Zoom in on the edge, let's say a few hundred or a few thousand times.
3. Suddenly, curve is gone!
4. ???
5. You've just proven that ping pong balls are flat; scientists HATE you now.

Actually if you focus on the edge of ball you will always see curve no matter how close you zoom in so not true - here is the math for a curved Earth if it was there

so if you were to see 100 miles of horizon like in a plane or on a mountain- u would see a 1.26 mile drop on the side

you can stand on the shore opposite Chicago 40 miles away and things 40 miles away should be completely hidden by 1066 feet of drop , yet you can see every building

it's all a big lie

This post was edited by card_sultan on Aug 24 2016 01:00am
Aug 24 2016 01:13am
Quote (card_sultan @ Aug 24 2016 08:55am)
Actually if you focus on the edge of ball you will always see curve no matter how close you zoom in so not true - here is the math for a curved Earth if it was there

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/sNUCaUOrpNs/maxresdefault.jpg

so if you were to see 100 miles of horizon like in a plane or on a mountain- u would see a 1.26 mile drop on the side

you can stand on the shore opposite Chicago 40 miles away and things 40 miles away should be completely hidden by 1066 feet of drop , yet you can see every building

it's all a big lie

So, based on 100 miles of horizon we're supposed to see 1.26% curvature (I'm probably using completely wrong math, but I'm sure you understand what I mean). And based on a fragmented, pixelated video on Youtube, we're supposed to believe that this is untrue?

I'm going to argue that this 1.26% curvature is way too little to be noticeable without any visual aid.

But hey, guess what? A few years ago I was at the seaside in Catalonia, and I figured I'd put this to the test. There was a pretty long bench directly facing the sea, and the edge of its backrest was the perfect straight line to compare to the horizon. So I looked across it, and -- lo and behold -- I could clearly tell that the horizon was very slightly curved instead of forming a parallel line with the edge of the bench.

I don't even know how valid that experiment was, but I can definitely recommend this to you. Instead of reading nonsensical articles that speak about conspiracy theories and whatnot, you should try to find some experiments that you yourself can do in real life. You can then start believing whatever you have concluded from your own personal, albeit unprofessional, research.

This post was edited by howtodisappearcompletely on Aug 24 2016 01:14am
Aug 24 2016 02:06am
Quote (howtodisappearcompletely @ Aug 23 2016 09:13pm)
So, based on 100 miles of horizon we're supposed to see 1.26% curvature (I'm probably using completely wrong math, but I'm sure you understand what I mean). And based on a fragmented, pixelated video on Youtube, we're supposed to believe that this is untrue?

I'm going to argue that this 1.26% curvature is way too little to be noticeable without any visual aid.

But hey, guess what? A few years ago I was at the seaside in Catalonia, and I figured I'd put this to the test. There was a pretty long bench directly facing the sea, and the edge of its backrest was the perfect straight line to compare to the horizon. So I looked across it, and -- lo and behold -- I could clearly tell that the horizon was very slightly curved instead of forming a parallel line with the edge of the bench.

I don't even know how valid that experiment was, but I can definitely recommend this to you. Instead of reading nonsensical articles that speak about conspiracy theories and whatnot, you should try to find some experiments that you yourself can do in real life. You can then start believing whatever you have concluded from your own personal, albeit unprofessional, research.

It's not 1.26% , it's 1.26 miles or 6669 feet, i think that would be quite notable with the human eye, that's like the height of a small mountain, the tallest building in the world is like 1500 feet so imagine 4 of them stacked on each other that's pretty high - and its not that difficult to see 100 miles of horizon, you can find views of over 250 miles where things should be well below the curve, you can't find curve - only in photos taken with wide angle lenses.

This post was edited by card_sultan on Aug 24 2016 02:07am
Aug 24 2016 02:18am
Quote (card_sultan @ Aug 24 2016 10:06am)
It's not 1.26% , it's 1.26 miles or 6669 feet, i think that would be quite notable with the human eye, that's like the height of a small mountain, the tallest building in the world is like 1500 feet so imagine 4 of them stacked on each other that's pretty high - and its not that difficult to see 100 miles of horizon, you can find views of over 250 miles where things should be well below the curve, you can't find curve - only in photos taken with wide angle lenses.

What percentage is 1.26 miles out of 100 miles?

It isn't even remotely comparable to a mountain, because a mountain is a clear indentation in your horizon, with the hypothetical 1.26 miles height difference being spread over much less than 100 miles of horizontal difference, while a 1.26% slope is so gradual that it's barely noticeable. Just like the edge of a pingpongball when you zoom in on it 1000:1, you can't tell that it's sloped even though it is, in fact, sloped.

I don't know what you're on, but I'm politely going to pass on it. I can't believe this needs to be explained to somebody who's old enough to write.

This post was edited by howtodisappearcompletely on Aug 24 2016 02:23am
Gold: 4.00
Aug 24 2016 04:59am
This kid is officially the stupidest person on Jsp.

Just to be clear, you think that we are being lied to further our use of fossil fuels and that some how has to do with the sun burning gas and that is if we knew the truth, we wouldn't need fossil fuels anymore? So cars, transportation and everything else that Burnsville was created to hide a flat earth.

This is what you believe? What a weirdo
Gold: 1,002.00
Warn: 10%
Aug 24 2016 06:18am
Quote (howtodisappearcompletely @ 24 Aug 2016 09:18)
I don't know what you're on, but I'm politely going to pass on it. I can't believe this needs to be explained to somebody who's old enough to write.

Talking to someone whom you've never seen is futile according to flat earth theorists. He doesn't exist.

After having said that, everybody on this forum isn't real, this forum doesn't exist. It is all part of your wild imagination in your inception matrix dream Truman show.

Gold: 2,504.69
Aug 24 2016 06:18am
Oh goody, we can now add light traveling in space as one of the things CS questions. I'm sure bogus math to prove all of the stars are only a galaxy away is next.
Aug 24 2016 10:35am
Quote (howtodisappearcompletely @ Aug 23 2016 10:18pm)
What percentage is 1.26 miles out of 100 miles?

It isn't even remotely comparable to a mountain, because a mountain is a clear indentation in your horizon, with the hypothetical 1.26 miles height difference being spread over much less than 100 miles of horizontal difference, while a 1.26% slope is so gradual that it's barely noticeable. Just like the edge of a pingpongball when you zoom in on it 1000:1, you can't tell that it's sloped even though it is, in fact, sloped.

well if you only see 1 mile of horizon there is only 8 inches of drop - hows that work into your 1% theory? :bonk:

This post was edited by card_sultan on Aug 24 2016 10:36am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1106107108109110111Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll