d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Joe Biden 2020 Thread
Prev110211022102310241025Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4.20
Jul 3 2024 11:27pm
Quote (IceMage @ Jul 3 2024 04:32pm)
Sorry, I don't accept. I guess I'm lucky that I didn't read it before the debate. (Handcuffs you can send half his donation to me, tyvm)

My 1:1 odds no longer make sense, as if Biden is the nominee he's almost guaranteed to lose.

Quote (Jupe @ Jul 3 2024 05:11pm)
:lol:

can't blame you there

Bet declined; original sent back in-full to Jupe. If there's a donation/exchange to happen, I'd rather it not be made with my hands.
Gold: 57.00
Jul 4 2024 07:47am
Quote (Jupe @ 3 Jul 2024 20:11)
:lol:

can't blame you there

Great job my friend! What a coward that anti-American wannabe pollster is and always will be.
Gold: 5,016.77
Jul 4 2024 07:49am
Quote (excellence @ Jul 4 2024 06:47am)
Great job my friend! What a coward that anti-American wannabe pollster is and always will be.

Gold: 4,404.67
Jul 4 2024 08:08am
Quote (Goomshill @ 4 Jul 2024 03:31)
Well the ones that didn't get killed during the war probably aren't too much worse off I guess. Though afghanistan got hobbled compared to the rest of the world's development in the same span, I mean Cambodia went from being a country of child slave labor to 7.2% growth, massive reduction in poverty and phnom penh becoming a true metropolis.

Without the US invasion, the Taliban would have kept ruling Afghanistan from 2001 onward, so they would have lagged behind the rest of the world's development anyway.
Gold: 22,184.49
Jul 4 2024 09:23am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jul 4 2024 09:08am)
Without the US invasion, the Taliban would have kept ruling Afghanistan from 2001 onward, so they would have lagged behind the rest of the world's development anyway.

What are the parallels? There have been a lot of more repressive more disagreeable regimes than the Taliban, who are mostly a decentralized bunch of goatherd tribal chieftains. And other countries have experienced huge quality of life increases in the past few decades, but that's also been dependent on actually having resources or those centralized powers to sign up for urbanization paid for by the Chinese as they snake their tendrils into the third world. Similarly the world bank has been able to leverage western investment to not just prop up quality of life but also force our own moral system on them, which would have hypothetically been a hedge against the regressive Taliban. Maybe in another timeline we could soften their policies and have some liberalized enclaves like Kabul in exchange for us building up infrastructure that wasn't just going to get torched in a war.

Best case scenario, Afghanistan just wound up in the same lack of development except with tens of thousands of civilians dead and a more militarized and empowered Taliban. Worst case scenario, we stopped them from modernizing at the hands of foreign masters whether east or west. Either way they're worse off than if we had left them alone
Gold: 17,384.69
Jul 4 2024 09:28am
Quote (Goomshill @ Jul 4 2024 03:41am)

High ranked caviar democrats are pathetic, these guys should push to replace him.
At the end of the day they don't worth much more than the one-man traitor show from the other side.
Jul 4 2024 09:43am
Quote (Goomshill @ 4 Jul 2024 17:23)
What are the parallels? There have been a lot of more repressive more disagreeable regimes than the Taliban, who are mostly a decentralized bunch of goatherd tribal chieftains. And other countries have experienced huge quality of life increases in the past few decades, but that's also been dependent on actually having resources or those centralized powers to sign up for urbanization paid for by the Chinese as they snake their tendrils into the third world. Similarly the world bank has been able to leverage western investment to not just prop up quality of life but also force our own moral system on them, which would have hypothetically been a hedge against the regressive Taliban. Maybe in another timeline we could soften their policies and have some liberalized enclaves like Kabul in exchange for us building up infrastructure that wasn't just going to get torched in a war.

Best case scenario, Afghanistan just wound up in the same lack of development except with tens of thousands of civilians dead and a more militarized and empowered Taliban. Worst case scenario, we stopped them from modernizing at the hands of foreign masters whether east or west. Either way they're worse off than if we had left them alone

Afghanistan is an extremely poor and underdeveloped country, landlocked, far away from the major global trading routes, surrounded by stagnating neighbors, with difficult geography and climate, no infrastructure, barely any natural resources, a very uneducated population and a thoroughly backward society/culture, with no national unity either. I just don't see the basis for them having any sort of strong economic development.

Compare this to Cambodia, which has some sort of national unity, sea access, proximity to the most important trading route on the planet, an emerging tourism industry and benefits from the economic miracle in neighboring Vietnam. Also a more flat geography and warm climate with plenty of fertile farmland. And like all of SE Asia, a culture which places great importance on education.
Jul 4 2024 10:15am
he took a clear stance regarding Biden

Jul 4 2024 03:54pm
Holy fucking shit:
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/opinion-joe-biden-campaign-ai_n_668482b9e4b038babc7d56f2

Two weeks ago: "The Trump campaign is using deep fakes to make Biden look like a geriatric corpse."
This week: "Let's use deep fakes to make Biden not look like a geriatric corpse."

The sheer shamelessness and apparent lack of a moral compass to even float such a ridiculous idea is mind-blowing. If you boil it down, this author is blatantly suggesting that Democrats should lie and deceive the American people to win an election.
Jul 5 2024 12:09pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jul 4 2024 11:54pm)
Holy fucking shit:
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/opinion-joe-biden-campaign-ai_n_668482b9e4b038babc7d56f2

Two weeks ago: "The Trump campaign is using deep fakes to make Biden look like a geriatric corpse."
This week: "Let's use deep fakes to make Biden not look like a geriatric corpse."

The sheer shamelessness and apparent lack of a moral compass to even float such a ridiculous idea is mind-blowing. If you boil it down, this author is blatantly suggesting that Democrats should lie and deceive the American people to win an election.

They can't call Disney anymore: the heir threat to not donate to democratic party if Biden stays
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev110211022102310241025Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll