d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearing Week
Prev199100101102103443Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,504.69
Sep 21 2018 07:19am
Quote (Goomshill @ Sep 21 2018 07:00am)
So Kavanaugh's accuser rejected testifying on Monday and proposed testifying on Thursday.
I'm not an expert on esoteric senate rules and protocols, and I haven't read any detailed reporting on how it works yet, but I know that Kavanaugh has to be confirmed by the end of the week to be seated for oral arguments in the next SCOTUS term starting October 1st, a week from monday. So I am assuming that with Thursday hearings, it would be impossible to confirm Kavanaugh by the end of the senate's week. I don't know, are they in session friday? How much can democrats delay motions- the pick is still in the judiciary committee and has to go up for a full senate vote this week. I'm just assuming that with thursday testimony, it would delay kavanaugh that crucial week that prevents him from voting on cases this fall.

If that's true, then the bullshit-o-meter jumped from 11/10 to 20/10. How can democrats even maintain a fig leaf of pretense that the accuser is in good faith when they're engaging in such blatant delaying tactics to influence the court?

stop victim shaming u monster
Gold: 22,164.69
Sep 21 2018 07:30am
Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 21 2018 07:19am)
stop victim shaming u monster

I'm literally raping her with my logic
Gold: 13,704.02
Sep 21 2018 07:33am
Well, time to shit or get off the pot. Let's see if she'll testify or just stall.

I vote Stall.
Sep 21 2018 07:39am
Quote (djman72 @ Sep 21 2018 07:33am)
Well, time to shit or get off the pot. Let's see if she'll testify or just stall.

I vote Stall.

these are her conditions:

Ford will not appear any sooner than next Thursday;
No questions to be asked at hearing by any outside counsel -- only senators;
Mark Judge must be subpoenaed;
Kavanaugh would testify first, then Ford would testify, and Kavanaugh would have no opportunity to respond or rebut;
Deadline for her to provide written statement before the hearing would be waived;
Provide adequate security;
Only one pool camera in hearing room;
Ford and Kavanaugh allotted the same amount of time to talk

talk about a list of dealbreakers. She refuses to appear sooner than Thursday, thereby precluding Kavanaugh from being on the bench in the fall term. She wants the senate to subpoena a private citizen on literally nothing more than her word for his supposed tangential involvement, setting a ludicrous precedent of witch hunting. She doesn't want Kavanaugh to have any opportunity response to her allegations, in a complete reversal of the entire history of conflict resolution and trials- the defense always gets to go second to rebut allegations. She wants to make her testimony a surprise and not give any chance for senators or kavanaugh to read it beforehand, letting her ambush him.
Sep 21 2018 07:42am
Quote (Goomshill @ Sep 21 2018 07:39am)
these are her conditions:

talk about a list of dealbreakers. She refuses to appear sooner than Thursday, thereby precluding Kavanaugh from being on the bench in the fall term. She wants the senate to subpoena a private citizen on literally nothing more than her word for his supposed tangential involvement, setting a ludicrous precedent of witch hunting. She doesn't want Kavanaugh to have any opportunity response to her allegations, in a complete reversal of the entire history of conflict resolution and trials- the defense always gets to go second to rebut allegations. She wants to make her testimony a surprise and not give any chance for senators or kavanaugh to read it beforehand, letting her ambush him.

And the blank shot of adequate security to further the narrative that she's suffering. Its the senate. Like u think they have mall cops?
Gold: 28,296.75
Sep 21 2018 07:47am
the mark judge one is still interesting to me

outside of the theory that this is an entirely fabricated political accusation it's interesting she would give him up in the original story and now want him under oath knowing he would deny and back Kav (at least at the beginning)

makes me think there is something there with him specifically, dunno what but something substantive

This post was edited by Beowulf on Sep 21 2018 07:47am
Sep 21 2018 07:47am
Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 21 2018 07:42am)
And the blank shot of adequate security to further the narrative that she's suffering. Its the senate. Like u think they have mall cops?

the senate has no problem offering her security and their counteroffer will definitely include it. She can further than narrative all she wants, to the republicans its just throwing a few coins at her
as far as the republicans are concerned, it helps paint them as caring about women more than it helps her play the victim. They'll probably play it up
but there's no way they're going to accept her demands of no written statement, no rebuttal and keeping kavanaugh off the court for a full session
Sep 21 2018 07:57am
Quote (Beowulf @ Sep 21 2018 07:47am)
the mark judge one is still interesting to me

outside of the theory that this is an entirely fabricated political accusation it's interesting she would give him up in the original story and now want him under oath knowing he would deny and back Kav (at least at the beginning)

makes me think there is something there with him specifically, dunno what but something substantive

or, alternatively, she got into a brief but rough drunken scuffle with Kav. something that wouldnt have been a charge at the time, surely, and also might not now draw a charge. but she knows that when she gets Kav-Judge in court, she can finally drop the date it happened, substantiate that both were there, and then it's he said she said about how rough it really was and how much they really intended on doing to her at that party. she can then be believed because he'll be confirmed to have been there.

the left is trying rapidly to redefine all sorts of sexual crimes to have drastic social consequences. this isn't about a charge, it's about a kangaroo court that will happily call for the career death penalty even if there are wildly conflicting stories about what really happened. if she gives judge or kav time to dispute, instead of forcing them to say something like "yeah i was there but i dont remember it happening like that" she'll be overwhelmingly believed and the shitstorm will come.

Quote (Goomshill @ Sep 21 2018 07:47am)
the senate has no problem offering her security and their counteroffer will definitely include it. She can further than narrative all she wants, to the republicans its just throwing a few coins at her
as far as the republicans are concerned, it helps paint them as caring about women more than it helps her play the victim. They'll probably play it up
but there's no way they're going to accept her demands of no written statement, no rebuttal and keeping kavanaugh off the court for a full session

oh for sure, just wait, here's how it will go.

"i demand that i get secret service armed guards"

[ok, assigns guards]

[opening line of hearing statement]

"i'm ashamed to admit that we still live in an America where a woman coming forward about being sexually assaulted requires armed guards just to come before the senate"
Gold: 28,296.75
Sep 21 2018 08:36am
Trump continued to be measured on this even at a lock her up rally while talking with Hannity

probably his most impressive feat yet
Gold: 4,404.67
Sep 21 2018 08:43am
Quote (Beowulf @ 21 Sep 2018 16:36)
Trump continued to be measured on this even at a lock her up rally while talking with Hannity

probably his most impressive feat yet

maybe his advisors were able to make him understand that he'll be a cucked lame duck if the Dems retake the House, and that they will definitely take it back if he pours additional gasoline into this dumpster fire with sexist or unsensitive comments.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Sep 21 2018 08:44am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev199100101102103443Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll