d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearing Week
Prev1910111213443Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,504.69
Sep 6 2018 11:31am
Quote (djman72 @ Sep 6 2018 11:26am)
Nope.

As I've made very clear here, i didn't vote for Trump and he's not a good president.

I'm also not a whiny shill. Booker should be purged from his seat for leaking declassified docs. At the end of the day, none of this matters. Thanks for Mr. Harry Reid - BK will be on the court in a few weeks time.

Are you going to cry if/when Ginsburg resigns/passes away? I imagine yes, because you complain and bitch about most things without substance.

we're at a point where even declassified documents being leaked is a crime? If they hadn't stonewalled the request for the documents it wouldn't have been needed.

The GOP laid an egg here. they had a golden goose candidate that no one could really fuck with too much, and the votes to push him through. but it appears there was too much inside baseball to keep him looking golden, and on top of that he likely talked with Trump's lawyers about Mueller. The one fucking thing no prospective SCOTUS pick should have done. It's like wanting to be the new head of the DoJ or FBI and having meetings with Trump's lawyers about Mueller. Just a silly mistake to have made, and then the GOP got stuck with only one option, obstruct it coming out, along with other inconvenient facts, until the vote is in. They failed, Booker T Washington DC fucked them up. knowing full well it could cost him his seat but that the book deal would make it all worth it.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Sep 6 2018 11:33am
Quote (djman72 @ Sep 6 2018 01:26pm)
Nope.

As I've made very clear here, i didn't vote for Trump and he's not a good president.

I'm also not a whiny shill. Booker should be purged from his seat for leaking declassified docs. At the end of the day, none of this matters. Thanks for Mr. Harry Reid - BK will be on the court in a few weeks time.

Are you going to cry if/when Ginsburg resigns/passes away? I imagine yes, because you complain and bitch about most things without substance.

E: Try not to throw any whataboutism in your reply. TY!

lol, snowflake.

>white collar crime good
>leaking confidential docs that aren't even very confidential at all bad

Ginsburg isn't going anywhere until Trump's out of office (I'm not worried about Trump winning in 2020, I was at one point but not anymore). She has personal trainers/doctors and shit, and she's not a butt smoker like the cancerous Scalia that you probably admired.

Sep 6 2018 11:34am
Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 6 2018 01:31pm)
we're at a point where even declassified documents being leaked is a crime? If they hadn't stonewalled the request for the documents it wouldn't have been needed.

The GOP laid an egg here. they had a golden goose candidate that no one could really fuck with too much, and the votes to push him through. but it appears there was too much inside baseball to keep him looking golden, and on top of that he likely talked with Trump's lawyers about Mueller. The one fucking thing no prospective SCOTUS pick should have done. It's like wanting to be the new head of the DoJ or FBI and having meetings with Trump's lawyers about Mueller. Just a silly mistake to have made, and then the GOP got stuck with only one option, obstruct it coming out, along with other inconvenient facts, until the vote is in. They failed, Booker T Washington DC fucked them up. knowing full well it could cost him his seat but that the book deal would make it all worth it.

99.9% chance he did, If he truly did not, I don't know why he wouldn't say so.
Gold: 13,704.02
Sep 6 2018 11:39am
Quote (Horford @ Sep 6 2018 12:33pm)
lol, snowflake.

>white collar crime good
>leaking confidential docs that aren't even very confidential at all bad

Ginsburg isn't going anywhere until Trump's out of office (I'm not worried about Trump winning in 2020, I was at one point but not anymore). She has personal trainers/doctors and shit, and she's not a butt smoker like the cancerous Scalia that you probably admired.

How does any of this make me a snowflake? Do you read?

Your bitching and moaning about something and flooding the forum with this "gotcha!" bullshit. In a few weeks, you'll have B.K on the court. You're full on deranged right now and it's hilarious. We're you one of the ladies dragged out of the courtroom kicking and screaming yesterday? :rofl:

Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 6 2018 12:31pm)

I agree - talking with the lawyers looks like a really bad move right now. It won't change his bid to get on SCOTUS, though.
Gold: 22,720.48
Sep 6 2018 11:40am
Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 6 2018 12:31pm)

Fox news is claiming the documents were cleared now and that he was making a big deal out of nothing. That's why they threatened to oust him though and prompted other senators to stand up against grassley, right?
Gold: 2,504.69
Sep 6 2018 11:41am
Quote (djman72 @ Sep 6 2018 11:39am)

Your bitching and moaning about something and flooding the forum with this "gotcha!" bullshit. In a few weeks, you'll have B.K on the court. You're full on deranged right now and it's hilarious. We're you one of the ladies dragged out of the courtroom kicking and screaming yesterday? :rofl:

I agree - talking with the lawyers looks like a really bad move right now. It won't change his bid to get on SCOTUS, though.

bid to get in? no. make for a really odd legal situation if, and that's a big if, trump's case makes it to the USSC?

none of this has anything to do with his bid to get in, he has always had the votes. none of the pretty obviously shady shit will stop the GOP from voting him in, if only to avoid going back to square one with a new candidate and risking a loss in 2020 that gives up a dem seat. they'd vote in spongebob right now.
Sep 6 2018 11:50am
Quote (djman72 @ Sep 6 2018 01:39pm)

triggered cuz i called you a snowflake? ✔
Gold: 13,704.02
Sep 6 2018 12:17pm
Quote (Horford @ Sep 6 2018 12:50pm)
triggered cuz i called you a snowflake? ✔

You are really bad at this.
Gold: 0.00
Sep 6 2018 12:18pm
the FrEe PrEsS covering serious news with the help of an unbiased source

This post was edited by HeLiCaL on Sep 6 2018 12:18pm
Gold: 22,164.69
Sep 6 2018 04:37pm
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/09/06/confidential-kavanaugh-emails-posted-by-cory-booker-were-cleared-despite-dramatic-claim-defying-rules.html

Earlier Thursday, Booker dramatically said he would “knowingly” violate Senate rules to release emails marked "committee confidential" that showed Kavanaugh discussing racial profiling as a White House lawyer in 2002. Booker referred to his actions as an act of “civil disobedience” and said he was prepared to face punishment.

“I am going to release the e-mail about racial profiling and I understand that the penalty comes with potential ousting from the Senate,” said Booker, a possible 2020 Democratic candidate for president.

At another point, Booker said, “This is about the closest I'll probably ever have in my life to an, ‘I am Spartacus’ moment.”

But it turns out, Booker didn’t actually break any rules with that release. The Republicans on the Judiciary Committee said they worked with the George W. Bush library and the Justice Department overnight to clear the emails. The restrictions were waived early Thursday morning.

Over objections from Republican members of the Senate Judiciary Committee, Democratic Senator Cory Booker posts 12 pages of emails online.
“We cleared the documents last night shortly after Senator Booker’s staff asked us to,” said Bill Burck, a lawyer for Bush involved in the release of documents. “We were surprised to learn about Senator Booker’s histrionics this morning because we had already told him he could use the documents publicly."

"Apparently, some just wanted to break the rules and make a scene, but didn’t check their email," a spokesman for committee Republicans said in a statement. The committee posted the same documents.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1910111213443Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll