d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > More Drama In The Trump Reality Show
Prev191011121320Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 57.00
May 17 2017 05:32pm
Quote (Magicman657 @ 17 May 2017 19:25)
The Washington Post reported exactly that. I saw a few other papers citing this article, but I didn't see anything that directly contradicts it. Am I missing something here? I see a lot about the memo, but haven't yet seen anything that claimed WaPo's report was factually incorrect.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/fbi-reviewed-flynns-calls-with-russian-ambassador-but-found-nothing-illicit/2017/01/23/aa83879a-e1ae-11e6-a547-5fb9411d332c_story.html?utm_term=.dfe33aab7588

no
Gold: 57.00
May 17 2017 07:05pm

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/post-politics/wp/2017/05/03/read-the-full-testimony-of-fbi-director-james-comey-in-which-he-discusses-clinton-email-investigation/

COMEY: Not in my experience. Because it would be a big deal to tell the FBI to stop doing something that -- without an appropriate purpose. I mean where oftentimes they give us opinions that we don't see a case there and so you ought to stop investing resources in it. But I'm talking about a situation where we were told to stop something for a political reason, that would be a very big deal. It's not happened in my experience.

Comey says, under oath on May 3 (long after this so-called memo was written down), that no one told him to stop any investigation for political reasons.

Liberals/democrats/lefties here will go back to despising the guy
Gold: 28,296.75
May 17 2017 08:47pm
Quote (Beowulf @ May 16 2017 06:05pm)
another thread for goom and void to hack

excellence to meme

lefties to cry

see you guys in a few pages if I make it through the landmines

Gold: 745.69
May 17 2017 09:32pm
Quote (excellence @ May 17 2017 06:32pm)
no

I love how I was basically told to "educate yourself, shitlord", and when I asked for information that contradicts the quoted source, fucking silence. I'm totally happy to change my mind on this, but if the only evidence I have is for side A, how the fuck am I expected to just believe side B?

This post was edited by Magicman657 on May 17 2017 09:32pm
Gold: 14,530.00
May 17 2017 09:53pm
Quote (Beowulf @ May 17 2017 07:47pm)

Beo, negrodamus incarnate

Pray do tell who'll win the BET awards so I can bet the farm

This post was edited by ofthevoid on May 17 2017 09:55pm
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
May 18 2017 02:05am
It's absolutely terrifying that people are still supporting Trump. Regardless of all the shady shit he's done, he's already stolen tens of millions of dollars in taxpayer money and there's no evidence that he'll stop stealing from us anytime during his Presidency. The man is literally going to force tax payers to give him over a billion dollars if he stays in office for 4 years and not a single Republican seems to care that he's getting richer off the backs of the people who voted him in. Everything he says is either a flat out lie or contradicts something he said previously. He's suspected of treason, obstruction of justice, he's literally stealing from his constituents on a daily basis and he's never done an honest or ethical thing in his entire life... Absolutely fucking insane that people are still just blindly supporting him and believing every negative thing being said is just liberal propaganda. Think for yourself and just look at the shit he's lied about, compare his statements yourself, remove any chance of liberal tampering and if you're not at least apprehensive of the man, you have to be blind.

You know that scene in Billy Madison where Eric goes nuts and pulls a gun because Billy picks the category "business ethics" for him? That's exactly how I see Trump reacting regarding ethics, or more likely, he'd go on a speal about how he's the most ethical and his ethics are the best and the biggest ethics imaginable.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on May 18 2017 02:12am
Gold: 25.20
May 18 2017 02:59am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ May 18 2017 02:05am)
It's absolutely terrifying that people are still supporting Trump.

I don't think there are any good candidates for anything
No matter what side you're on, people have their own views and will fight you. At best all you ever get is a half measure
Even if someone thinks they're doing everything 100% for the country, others have their own ideals and so you never get a good result on either side. If something you want passed is too much on one side, it gets denied, so you have to keep it near the middle.

This post was edited by FroggyG on May 18 2017 03:07am
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
May 18 2017 03:37am
Quote (FroggyG @ May 18 2017 12:59am)
I don't think there are any good candidates for anything
No matter what side you're on, people have their own views and will fight you. At best all you ever get is a half measure
Even if someone thinks they're doing everything 100% for the country, others have their own ideals and so you never get a good result on either side. If something you want passed is too much on one side, it gets denied, so you have to keep it near the middle.

You're absolutely correct, but it still doesn't help me understand any better how people are still blindly supporting a man who is openly lying and stealing from them for personal gain. At least real politicians try to be a little less blatant about outright lying to their constituents, and I don't ever recall a President abusing his position for self financial gain... That alone should be grounds for impeachment shit and cause for him to lose all credibility amongst even his most loyal followers.

It's all a crap shoot and there's no right answer and there will never be one, but with this election moreso than any other election in history, there was a wrong answer and that answer somehow won and even after being even worse than the biggest liberals imagined, he still has people blindly supporting him and claiming anything against him, even when he blatantly lies, is just liberal propaganda. It's insanity.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on May 18 2017 03:44am
Gold: 25.20
May 18 2017 03:57am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ May 18 2017 03:37am)
You're absolutely correct, but it still doesn't help me understand any better how people are still blindly supporting a man who is openly lying and stealing from them for personal gain. At least real politicians try to be a little less blatant about outright lying to their constituents, and I don't ever recall a President abusing his position for self financial gain... That alone should be grounds for impeachment shit and cause for him to lose all credibility amongst even his most loyal followers.

It's all a crap shoot and there's no right answer and there will never be one, but with this election moreso than any other election in history, there was a wrong answer and that answer somehow won and even after being even worse than the biggest liberals imagined, he still has people blindly supporting him and claiming anything against him, even when he blatantly lies, is just liberal propaganda. It's insanity.

I think he won purely because the other candidate was Hillary
Although she did get a ton of the people's votes just for being female

This post was edited by FroggyG on May 18 2017 03:57am
Gold: 22,164.69
May 18 2017 05:47am
Self financial gain lmao. Trump is losing a hell of a lot of money for himself and his family by becoming president. Thats one of the more disingenuous things latched onto.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev191011121320Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll