d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > My Views On Helping The Poor
Prev191011121329Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Apr 8 2015 04:39pm
Quote (AspenSniper @ Apr 8 2015 10:58am)
Lifetime unemployment benefits - 12 weeks. Maximum of $500/month because that's all it costs to rent a room in a house on craigslist and afford enough ramen to eat until you can get a job and get back on your feet.
Welfare spending - zero.
Medicaid - zero.

Getting a job is easy, people are just stupid and lazy and refuse to work at a fast food restaurant. My girlfriend had no job experience whatsoever, so she got a job as a server at Buffalo Wild Wings. Her W2 was $41,000. Why can't anyone else do that?

Thoughts?

What a polarizing and patronizing sense of the world.
Gold: 5,016.77
Apr 8 2015 04:40pm
Quote (Kamahl16 @ Apr 8 2015 05:03pm)
Let's be real, Christians by and large do not like gay people. Why can't you concede this? They're very lifestyle is offensive to Christian morality and Christians hate having foreign things like that around challenging what they've done for forever. It's the same as saying they don't like criminals, drug users, atheists/other religious extremists, etc.

The only argument possible is, "ugh, well, I'm Christian and I don't hate gays!"

Which, honestly, is probably also bullshit.

You're being naive. The idea of lumping all homosexuals into one group, and all Christians into one group, and claiming one group doesn't like the other, is ridiculous. I have gay friends. I have a gay relative. I've met gay people I enjoy being around, and I've met gay people who I don't enjoy being around.

@bold: More retarded logic. Most of my friends in college were pothead atheists.

You Che-shirt wearing idiots have this caricature in your mind of what a Christian is... and it's almost always wrong. It's time to stop the hate, maaan.

This post was edited by IceMage on Apr 8 2015 04:41pm
Apr 8 2015 05:01pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 8 Apr 2015 22:27)
Please tell me more about obsession, im sure i have a good deal to learn from you:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=72107119&f=119

It's a political and religious discussion forum. I have certain views on religion and I created a discussion about them in the appropriate place. Through that discussion some of my views were changed, some leads to new things to research were mentioned and in general I would say it was quite productive... for me at least.

If you want to have a discussion about my views then feel free to present your case and you may change my mind on some things. Hounding me because you don't like my views isn't productive - it's just obsessive and a little bit disturbing. I'm not obsessed over religion. I barely discuss it outside of church irl. I do discuss it here because that's what this forum is about and I find it an interesting topic.

Maybe you're confusing radical opinions with obsession.

Quote (IceMage @ 8 Apr 2015 22:40)
You're being naive. The idea of lumping all homosexuals into one group, and all Christians into one group, and claiming one group doesn't like the other, is ridiculous. I have gay friends. I have a gay relative. I've met gay people I enjoy being around, and I've met gay people who I don't enjoy being around.

@bold: More retarded logic. Most of my friends in college were pothead atheists.

You Che-shirt wearing idiots have this caricature in your mind of what a Christian is... and it's almost always wrong. It's time to stop the hate, maaan.

I still maintain anyone you think deserves to be tortured for eternity is not your friend.

This post was edited by Scaly on Apr 8 2015 05:02pm
Gold: 500.00
Apr 8 2015 05:10pm
Quote (IceMage @ Apr 8 2015 05:40pm)

right, you spew homophobic venom and hatred

and you have gay friends

:rofl:
Apr 8 2015 05:13pm
Quote (Scaly @ Apr 8 2015 06:01pm)
I still maintain anyone you think deserves to be tortured for eternity is not your friend.

Well, that's just like your opinion, man.

Quote (duffman316 @ Apr 8 2015 06:10pm)
right, you spew homophobic venom and hatred

and you have gay friends

:rofl:

Where have I spewed homophobic venom and hatred?
Gold: 0.76
Apr 8 2015 05:22pm
=Kamahl16,8 Apr 2015 16:46]If we want to be real here, most Christians do not like gay people, maybe they don't "hate" them, but you're fooling yourself if you don't think they at least do not like them.

yeah there really are a bunch of Christians who do like gays, my former home church has a gay couple who both have sat in positions on the church council They are super ladies and are completely immersed in the church it took me over a year to actually find out they were a couple, nobody was hiding it it just wasn't important info. As a persons sexuality should be(not important information). But back to christians quite a few of the main stream modern thinking progressive growing denominations lovingly embrace all people including LGBT's ..open doors-open hearts-open minds

Yeah, well, they aren't, and frankly it wouldn't work if everyone was. You may see those jobs as stepping stones or platforms to something greater but people work those jobs for a very long time and some put value elsewhere in their lives, it isn't all about material, you know.

The only things we need is a roof, food/water when we are hungry and thirsty, medicine when sick, and our friends and family everything else in nonessential stuff

I know, it's not like we have a massive fucking military, huge amounts of interest paid on debt, amounts given as subsides or anything like that, it's because the government helps the poor so much.

I think welfare takes up a whopping 3% of the budget something like that
Apr 8 2015 05:26pm
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Apr 8 2015 06:22pm)
yeah there really are a bunch of Christians who do like gays, my former home church has a gay couple who both have sat in positions on the church council They are super ladies and are completely immersed in the church it took me over a year to actually find out they were a couple, nobody was hiding it it just wasn't important info. As a persons sexuality should be(not important information). But back to christians quite a few of the main stream modern thinking progressive growing denominations lovingly embrace all people including LGBT's ..open doors-open hearts-open minds

The denominations who have turned their back on Christian doctrine are losing numbers.

Also not surprising that you attended a heretical church and lost your faith.

This post was edited by IceMage on Apr 8 2015 05:30pm
Apr 8 2015 05:39pm
Quote (IceMage @ 8 Apr 2015 23:13)
Well, that's just like your opinion, man.

Fair. I guess I just actually like my friends.
Apr 8 2015 05:41pm
Quote (Scaly @ Apr 8 2015 06:39pm)
Fair. I guess I just actually like my friends.

Clearly not.
Apr 8 2015 05:44pm
Quote (IceMage @ 8 Apr 2015 23:41)
Clearly not.

Don't see how that's clear at all. You think your 'friends' deserve an eternity of torture... I would die to save any one of my friends from that fate.

This post was edited by Scaly on Apr 8 2015 05:51pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev191011121329Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll