d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev191011121379Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 308.37
Mar 14 2012 05:23pm
why is it all the multi accounts come to pard to post this crap all the time? 06 account less than 300 posts and only 2 threads in his post and thread history.
Gold: 79.88
Mar 14 2012 05:28pm
Quote (Santara @ 14 Mar 2012 15:48)
Positive assertion without proof positive.

A religious thread is no place for this kind of rhetoric.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 0.00
Trader: Trusted
Mar 14 2012 08:29pm
Quote (xfrodobagginsx @ Mar 14 2012 05:40pm)
You are adding to the gospel.  The good news is the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus.  If baptism were part of the gospel then why did Paul say 1Co 1:17 ΒΆ For Christ sent me not to baptize,  but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect. 

Paul makes a very clear disctinction between the two and even has his helpers do the baptizing.  It's not part of the gospel.  It's a first act of obedience for a new believer. 

I believe that Baptism is a symbol of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus. That's why I believe in immersion. 

Baptism does NOT save.

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

This verse doesn't say that baptism saves. Look at the explanation of the verse. That which is born of flesh is flesh (water represents fleshly birth, the mother's womb contains water), that which is born of Spirit is spirit (Spiritual birth)

Mr 1:4 John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins. {for: or, unto}

Lu 3:3 And he came into all the country about Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins;

As far as baptism saving you, it is the baptism of repentence that saves, not water baptism. The baptism is an outward showing of what happens when you accept Jesus Christ as your Savior. It is NOT salvation, nor is it part of it. It is a believer's act of obedience.

Keep what Paul said in context please.. Paul baptized MANY people as we read all through is epistles. He obviously saw importance with it. Paul wrote what to the Corinthians because they were dividing themselves through baptism. It was a "honor" to be baptized by (insert name here) so they were using it as a form to elevate themselves over other people. "I was baptized by Paul so I'm better!" .. again they were dividing themselves over WHO baptized and not what the baptism was about. You can keep quoting that scripture all you want but you are taking it WAY out of context and changing the meaning of it.

And baptism of repentance?! lol.. are you just making words up? WHERE in ANY part of the bible does it mention "baptism OF repentance"? They are ALWAYS listed as two separate things. You have re-written the entire New Testament to fit your liking and weak doctrine. There really isn't much more I can say to you. I have given SOOO many bible scriptures about baptism and salvation and you have just said "no no no.. baptism doesn't mean that here.. blah blah" with no evidence other than your own opinion. I am taking the bible for what it actually says and not adding in my own interpretation of the word. Baptizo means immersion or sunken ship. You can't spin that any other way. Again in your OWN words you are saying that you believe 95% of what the bible says about salvation and the other 5% isn't important. Excuse me for reading the bible in it's entirety and making my conclusion when it is ALL kept in context of one other. :(

I've spent enough time debating this issue with you. It's obvious you are stuck in your cherry-picking belief system. There is nothing else I can present you to convince you other wise. God Bless!
Gold: 186.16
Mar 14 2012 08:42pm
Quote (Dune1 @ Mar 15 2012 02:29am)
Keep what Paul said in context please.. Paul baptized MANY people as we read all through is epistles.  He obviously saw importance with it.  Paul wrote what to the Corinthians because they were dividing themselves through baptism.  It was a "honor" to be baptized by (insert name here) so they were using it as a form to elevate themselves over other people.  "I was baptized by Paul so I'm better!" .. again they were dividing themselves over WHO baptized and not what the baptism was about.  You can keep quoting that scripture all you want but you are taking it WAY out of context and changing the meaning of it.

And baptism of repentance?! lol.. are you just making words up?  WHERE in ANY part of the bible does it mention "baptism OF repentance"?  They are ALWAYS listed as two separate things.  You have re-written the entire New Testament to fit your liking and weak doctrine.  There really isn't much more I can say to you.  I have given SOOO many bible scriptures about baptism and salvation and you have just said "no no no.. baptism doesn't mean that here.. blah blah" with no evidence other than your own opinion.  I am taking the bible for what it actually says and not adding in my own interpretation of the word.  Baptizo means immersion or sunken ship.  You can't spin that any other way.  Again in your OWN words you are saying that you believe 95% of what the bible says about salvation and the other 5% isn't important.  Excuse me for reading the bible in it's entirety and making my conclusion when it is ALL kept in context of one other.  :(

I've spent enough time debating this issue with you.  It's obvious you are stuck in your cherry-picking belief system.  There is nothing else I can present you to convince you other wise.  God Bless!

Again, I never said that baptism wasn't important. It's just not part of our salvation. What you are doing is placing your faith in works, rather than Christ alone. The bible says "For by GRACE are ye saved through FAITH, and that NOT of yourselves, it is a gift of God, NOT of works, lest any man should boast" I think works includes baptism. It's by faith in Christ and what He did on the cross.

This post was edited by xfrodobagginsx on Mar 14 2012 08:43pm
Gold: 0.00
Mar 15 2012 01:21am
what kind of idiot believes in god in this day and age ?
god doesnt exist , wake up , get over it , and get on with your life
Mar 15 2012 07:00am
Quote (hateful_bigot @ Mar 15 2012 07:21am)
what kind of idiot believes in god in this day and age ?
god doesnt exist , wake up , get over it , and get on with your life

The kind that relies on the facts and evidence, instead of just following what society says.
Mar 15 2012 07:04am
No baptism mentioned here either. Trusting/believing in Christ alone is required for salvation. It says that He is the GOSPEL of your salvation. No water baptism in the gospel. We recieve the Holy Spirit of promise, which is a type of baptism.

Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
Gold: 285.00
Mar 15 2012 07:30am
You have to believe in the correct bronze age cult to get into Heaven.

Nah I'm just trollin'.
Gold: 1,261.00
Mar 15 2012 11:50am
I love watching a bunch of churchies fighting each other. If only they'd ignore us the way we ignore them, and focus on mutual annihilation...
Gold: 1,551.00
Mar 15 2012 11:52am
Quote (russian @ Mar 15 2012 11:50am)
I love watching a bunch of churchies fighting each other. If only they'd ignore us the way we ignore them, and focus on mutual annihilation...

2002 nice multi

This post was edited by TradeBot on Mar 15 2012 11:53am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev191011121379Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll