d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > How Will Biden Be Gotten Rid Of?
Prev191011
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,504.69
Jul 22 2024 10:27am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jul 22 2024 11:09am)
Democrats have received received more campaign donations than Republicans in all recent cycles, I think since 2016. Significant parts of their base are lefties who hate billionaires, and their elected officials pay lip service to this sentiment, sure, but they're not serious about it. And a lot of the Democrats' policy agenda aligns very well with corporate/billionaire interests. (I don't think we actually disagree all that much here. ;) )

I agree that the 2024 election is far more consequential for the GOP than for Democrats. If they win by a healthy margin here and Trump's second term is at least okay, then the Trumpian makeover/the MAGAfication of the GOP will be completed and fully entrenched. If Trump loses, or his term ends in a disaster, there is still a chance for the (old) GOP establishment to roll back the populist revolution. And yes, there would be a significant risk of a blue wave during the 2026 midterms which sets Democrats up for a trifecta if they can win in 2028.

i agree in general but trump is lightning in a bottle. they'll try to find a new trump after he's gone but they'll fail. no one is going to down a cold glass of trump light and think its the same. even don jr wont be able to recapture it and the gop will slip back into what it was.
Gold: 32,639.69
Jul 22 2024 11:07am
Kicked from lobby, due to inactivity.
Gold: 2,504.69
Jul 22 2024 11:19am
damn there is a LOT of copium going around the liberalol media space. headlines/topic titles ive read today:

"maga seething after biden drops out"

"trumps chances go down after biden drops out"

"trump now oldest presidential candidate ever"

spinning this as a great positive and just what the DNC needed is funny, this is titanic deck chair shuffling.
Gold: 12,604.00
Jul 22 2024 11:57am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jul 22 2024 12:09pm)
Democrats have received received more campaign donations than Republicans in all recent cycles, I think since 2016. Significant parts of their base are lefties who hate billionaires, and their elected officials pay lip service to this sentiment, sure, but they're not serious about it. And a lot of the Democrats' policy agenda aligns very well with corporate/billionaire interests. (I don't think we actually disagree all that much here. ;) )

I agree that the 2024 election is far more consequential for the GOP than for Democrats. If they win by a healthy margin here and Trump's second term is at least okay, then the Trumpian makeover/the MAGAfication of the GOP will be completed and fully entrenched. If Trump loses, or his term ends in a disaster, there is still a chance for the (old) GOP establishment to roll back the populist revolution. And yes, there would be a significant risk of a blue wave during the 2026 midterms which sets Democrats up for a trifecta if they can win in 2028.

There's a fundamental shift happening in the Republican party, that will be crystalized if Trump becomes POTUS again. The big business/globalists/neocon wing is losing its grip and is being replaced by the anti-war/America first/also pro big business wing. Social conservatism has been basically been thrown in the bin, with the likes of Amber Rose speaking and things like abortion/lgbtq issues taking a back seat and relegated to irrelevancy.

The neocons may still get their way with support for Israel being very high from Trump but it's actually an at risk camp, especially inching closer to 2030s, when the debt will become something much more central and important and discretionary spending (which the military is) will be increasingly the pinata for politicians and people to target.

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Jul 22 2024 12:17pm
Gold: 0.85
Jul 22 2024 01:02pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jul 22 2024 06:19pm)
damn there is a LOT of copium going around the liberalol media space. headlines/topic titles ive read today:

"maga seething after biden drops out"

"trumps chances go down after biden drops out"

"trump now oldest presidential candidate ever"

spinning this as a great positive and just what the DNC needed is funny, this is titanic deck chair shuffling.

I don't get why people still watch/read these news outlet well knowing they are biased/spread propaganda. I guess npcs gotta npcs as long as their feelings are being taken care of.
Gold: 4,404.67
Jul 22 2024 02:36pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ 22 Jul 2024 19:57)
There's a fundamental shift happening in the Republican party, that will be crystalized if Trump becomes POTUS again. The big business/globalists/neocon wing is losing its grip and is being replaced by the anti-war/America first/also pro big business wing. Social conservatism has been basically been thrown in the bin, with the likes of Amber Rose speaking and things like abortion/lgbtq issues taking a back seat and relegated to irrelevancy.

The neocons may still get their way with support for Israel being very high from Trump but it's actually an at risk camp, especially inching closer to 2030s, when the debt will become something much more central and important and discretionary spending (which the military is) will be increasingly the pinata for politicians and people to target.

Yep. Imho, the GOP is morphing into a coalition of the upper working- and the lower- to medium-tier middle classes, centered around pan-racial nationalism. The Democrats will eventually absorb most of the Romney-esque upper class types, forming a top-bottom coalition centered around the idea that the government should actively pick society's winners and losers.
Gold: 80,771.69
Jul 29 2024 12:47pm
Quote (PapaPsych @ Jun 28 2024 03:47pm)
Its the day after Joe Biden being exposed to the disillusioned world as a dementia patient nearing the end.
Today Biden says he will not step down, or pull out from the 2024 race having secured all his parties delegates.

Do you think they will have some wet work for John Podesta here?
What method do you think will be used?
Obviously this has to be done before the convention.

Youre forgetting he was a recovered wernicke's aphasia survivor.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev191011
Add Reply New Topic New Poll