d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > A Lil Leftie Covid Kook History
Prev123415Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 10%
Dec 5 2021 10:17am
Quote (Skinned @ Nov 27 2021 06:45am)
TDS = still being a Trump supporter

perhaps, but never a toilet licker. did you take the "covid challenge" c'mon man you can tell us.
Gold: 35,785.13
Warn: 30%
Dec 5 2021 10:20am
Quote (TiStuff @ Dec 5 2021 10:17am)
perhaps, but never a toilet licker. did you take the "covid challenge" c'mon man you can tell us.

I will pay fg for legit videos of jsp users licking public toilets.
Gold: 6.66
Dec 5 2021 03:41pm
Quote (WickedDarkJuggalos @ 26 Nov 2021 21:52)
He has a point >_> you can attribute the left’s attitude towards Covid basically the exact opposite of what the president was saying at any given time. Even if they were wrong, they were correct because Trump is always wrong.

But don’t question anything, especially motive, when it comes to emergency measures.

This is such a stupid take. The "left" response to Covid has generally been in line with countries where the response to Covid was not politicized and Trump was not President.

Study after study shows that "leftists" and liberals believes are more consistent and don't sway as much when their political leaders flip flop.
With Trump in particular there is some initial knee-jerk reactions toward his statements because even in the cases when he is right about something it is usually presented in a crude and divisive manner. Like in the initial post there were attacks on Trump with the initial travel ban from China. Most of that criticism was focused on the rhetoric surrounding the ban and how the 'left' didn't like demonization of Chinese people. The act of imposing a travel ban from a region identified as a source of a novel widely transmissible virus is generally good policy. Sure there were some shit lib political hacks, hacks like Breitbart can always mine Twitter to find these takes.

Quote (WickedDarkJuggalos @ 26 Nov 2021 21:52)
When Biden officially became president, about a million Americans got the vaccine. That week he went on television to address his plan to have basically the exact same number of people that were already being vaccinated, to be vaccinated in the exact same time frame from then on. Trump’s plan, which was already in action, became Biden’s plan as soon as the democrats could take credit for it. At any point beforehand, everything was being done incorrectly. Public faith in any Covid policy was undermined from the very beginning.

Its almost like the demand was higher than the supply and there wasn't much that could be done short term to change the rate of vaccination roll out and it had nothing to do with changing political views.

You are spot on with public faith in the Covid policy was undermined from the very beginning, but that is largely due to Trump's handling of it and not 'leftists' being contrarian to be contrarian. Shit if the orange turd was doing rallies and marketing MAGA masks early on he'd probably had an easy win in 2020. He was one of the few political leaders who was hurt by the handling of the pandemic. People usually come together and support an existing leader during a time of external crisis.
Gold: 14,158.00
Dec 5 2021 04:30pm
Both the left and the right suck.

The left blames all their failures on Russia while lying about literally everything and generally acting like intolerable hypocrites.

Meanwhile the right is obsessed with bending over for Israel.

They both suck.
Gold: 17,384.69
Dec 5 2021 04:42pm
lol topic

Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Dec 5 2021 07:20pm
Quote (LouisLeGros @ Dec 5 2021 04:41pm)
This is such a stupid take. The "left" response to Covid has generally been in line with countries where the response to Covid was not politicized and Trump was not President.

Study after study shows that "leftists" and liberals believes are more consistent and don't sway as much when their political leaders flip flop.
With Trump in particular there is some initial knee-jerk reactions toward his statements because even in the cases when he is right about something it is usually presented in a crude and divisive manner. Like in the initial post there were attacks on Trump with the initial travel ban from China. Most of that criticism was focused on the rhetoric surrounding the ban and how the 'left' didn't like demonization of Chinese people. The act of imposing a travel ban from a region identified as a source of a novel widely transmissible virus is generally good policy. Sure there were some shit lib political hacks, hacks like Breitbart can always mine Twitter to find these takes.

Its almost like the demand was higher than the supply and there wasn't much that could be done short term to change the rate of vaccination roll out and it had nothing to do with changing political views.

You are spot on with public faith in the Covid policy was undermined from the very beginning, but that is largely due to Trump's handling of it and not 'leftists' being contrarian to be contrarian. Shit if the orange turd was doing rallies and marketing MAGA masks early on he'd probably had an easy win in 2020. He was one of the few political leaders who was hurt by the handling of the pandemic. People usually come together and support an existing leader during a time of external crisis.

My point was that nothing had changed except the president and all of the sudden we are right on track. There was no supply issues, and the same number of people were being vaccinated. It was actually at its peak. Biden literally set his goal at the numbers we were achieving before he got into office.

Try to talk about it without blatantly just hating Donald Trump because as soon as I see “orange man” I am dismissing your entire viewpoint as bullshit. But I will continue for now.

You can believe in government overreach but there is no conclusive evidence that any of that works. Two years later we are still “slowing the spread”. As of two days ago Florida has the lowest rate of new cases, Vermont has the highest and for some reason the only answer is vaccine. That objectively does not add up I understand how much you people hate “orange man” but he actually makes sense when he speaks about most things at least.
Gold: 6.66
Dec 5 2021 10:22pm
Quote (WickedDarkJuggalos @ 5 Dec 2021 17:20)
My point was that nothing had changed except the president and all of the sudden we are right on track. There was no supply issues, and the same number of people were being vaccinated. It was actually at its peak. Biden literally set his goal at the numbers we were achieving before he got into office.

Try to talk about it without blatantly just hating Donald Trump because as soon as I see “orange man” I am dismissing your entire viewpoint as bullshit. But I will continue for now.

You can believe in government overreach but there is no conclusive evidence that any of that works. Two years later we are still “slowing the spread”. As of two days ago Florida has the lowest rate of new cases, Vermont has the highest and for some reason the only answer is vaccine. That objectively does not add up I understand how much you people hate “orange man” but he actually makes sense when he speaks about most things at least.

It is absurd to state that there were no supply issues with vaccines in late 2019/early 2020, demand far outstripped demand. I can't take your posts in good faith if you insist otherwise that there weren't supply issues constraining the initial rollout of vaccines and hence initial target vaccine numbers.

Also comparing short term new case numbers in different regions isn't a very useful metric.

• There is a lot of variance in case rates due to a multitude of variables

• e.g. respiratory disease typically spread more in cold regions/winter as people move indoors, Vermont is much colder than Florida,

• Covid is very transmissible and Delta variant viral loads are large enough to spread among those who are vaccinated and those with natural immunities
  • there are more useful metrics for measuring the impact on public health like death rate & hospitalization rates (which you seem to be ignoring in order to promote the view that vaccines do nothing)

Also I don't see how you can say nothing changed with the handling of messaging/the response to Covid between the transition of the two administrations. Biden promoted mask usage much more prominently and consistently than Trump. Trump's communication about Covid, even restricted to cooperative media sources, was consistently questioning of the vaccine and promoting of untested alternatives. Hell just look at the messaging of the media sources Trump cooperated with regarding Covid. Look at the correlation of vaccination rates with political affiliation here in the US compared to other countries.
Gold: 5.77
Dec 5 2021 10:51pm
I don’t wear a mask because I’m vaxxed and can spread the disease to Republicans. My only regret is not knowing how high my kill count is.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Dec 5 2021 11:02pm
Quote (LouisLeGros @ Dec 5 2021 11:22pm)
It is absurd to state that there were no supply issues with vaccines in late 2019/early 2020, demand far outstripped demand. I can't take your posts in good faith if you insist otherwise that there weren't supply issues constraining the initial rollout of vaccines and hence initial target vaccine numbers.

Also comparing short term new case numbers in different regions isn't a very useful metric.
  • There is a lot of variance in case rates due to a multitude of variables
    • e.g. respiratory disease typically spread more in cold regions/winter as people move indoors, Vermont is much colder than Florida,

• Covid is very transmissible and Delta variant viral loads are large enough to spread among those who are vaccinated and those with natural immunities
  • there are more useful metrics for measuring the impact on public health like death rate & hospitalization rates (which you seem to be ignoring in order to promote the view that vaccines do nothing)

Also I don't see how you can say nothing changed with the handling of messaging/the response to Covid between the transition of the two administrations. Biden promoted mask usage much more prominently and consistently than Trump. Trump's communication about Covid, even restricted to cooperative media sources, was consistently questioning of the vaccine and promoting of untested alternatives. Hell just look at the messaging of the media sources Trump cooperated with regarding Covid. Look at the correlation of vaccination rates with political affiliation here in the US compared to other countries.

My original point was that Biden’s original goal of a million shots a day was already reached when he set the goal. This is irrefutable.

Another point I made is vaccines are not the end all to Covid. There is very little talk about treatment, which when preventing people from dying or filling hospitals (which is the only real goal when it comes to endemic viruses) is barely discussed. You just pointed out trump wanted to focus on treatment as well.

I have never on any thread said the vaccines do nothing. I have been extremely clear that vaccines are not the end all solution, and the Biden administration seems to be ignoring this almost entirely.

I have even gone so far as to say the Biden administration has tried to deter states from focusing on treatment, which was made crystal clear when they tried limiting the shipments of regeneron to states like Florida.

I have also been very clear that we can discuss numbers and which are more important than others, but the fact is that the vaccines are not the ultimate answer at this point in time, and not focusing on treatment and simply saying “get vaccinated” is not solving the problem.

Sorry if I pointed out that the most popular state to shit on (Florida) is doing much better at this point in time, and one of the most vaccinated states which nobody in the media will even mention (Vermont) is doing the worst at this point in time. This is obviously politically motivated, and is not doing any good when it comes to improving the situation.

Apparently that means I am some tin foil Covid denying anti vax person. Okay.
Gold: 260.11
Dec 5 2021 11:04pm
Quote (WickedDarkJuggalos @ Dec 5 2021 11:02pm)
My original point was that Biden’s original goal of a million shots a day was already reached when he set the goal. This is irrefutable.
Another point I made is vaccines are not the end all to Covid. There is very little talk about treatment, which when preventing people from dying or filling hospitals (which is the only real goal when it comes to endemic viruses) is barely discussed. You just pointed out trump wanted to focus on treatment as well.
I have never on any thread said the vaccines do nothing. I have been extremely clear that vaccines are not the end all solution, and the Biden administration seems to be ignoring this almost entirely.
I have even gone so far as to say the Biden administration has tried to deter states from focusing on treatment, which was made crystal clear when they tried limiting the shipments of regeneron to states like Florida.
I have also been very clear that we can discuss numbers and which are more important than others, but the fact is that the vaccines are not the ultimate answer at this point in time, and not focusing on treatment and simply saying “get vaccinated” is not solving the problem.
Sorry if I pointed out that the most popular state to shit on (Florida) is doing much better at this point in time, and one of the most vaccinated states which nobody in the media will even mention (Vermont) is doing the worst at this point in time. This is obviously politically motivated, and is not doing any good when it comes to improving the situation.
Apparently that means I am some tin foil Covid denying anti vax person. Okay.

Treatment doesn't prevent filling hospitals. Vaccines, masks, and social distancing do that. Treatment only occurs once you are sick and already in the hospital.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123415Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll