d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Second Article Of Impeachment Laid - Trump
Prev123441Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 216,477.70
Jan 11 2021 01:44pm
Quote (SenorNZ @ Jan 11 2021 12:32pm)
I have a vested interest as I'm locked to the US dollar for my work and that orange fuck wit affects the markets with his fucking crack head 3am tweeting.

lol rekt
Gold: 301.69
Warn: 100%
Jan 11 2021 01:51pm
Quote (SkillRincer @ Jan 12 2021 08:44am)
lol rekt

Except of course the other 50% of the time, I make money on my USD ex stock raw materials when he lowers the confidence of the markets with a moronic knee jerk tweet.
Gold: Locked
Warn: 80%
Jan 11 2021 08:48pm
Quote (SenorNZ @ 11 Jan 2021 12:51)
Except of course the other 50% of the time, I make money on my USD ex stock raw materials when he lowers the confidence of the markets with a moronic knee jerk tweet.

I would hate to stake my earnings on the whims of the global market

At least with roofing the circle of trust is very small and waves generated don't travel far
Jan 11 2021 08:52pm
Quote (death_knight @ Jan 12 2021 03:48pm)
I would hate to stake my earnings on the whims of the global market

At least with roofing the circle of trust is very small and waves generated don't travel far

My personal earnings are unaffected, I'm on salary. But my uncapped bonus definitely relies heavily on the USD. The sales function of my role is the same as any sales job with targets and if the USD strengthens against the nzd between buying and selling stock, my gross profit is eroded.

Conversely I buy a container of product in USD and put it into stock and Trump tweets something stupid to affect the markets negatively and the USD falls, I make more gp.

So yeah, I have a vested interest in either a stable or falling USD.
Jan 11 2021 09:44pm
Quote (SenorNZ @ 11 Jan 2021 19:52)
My personal earnings are unaffected, I'm on salary. But my uncapped bonus definitely relies heavily on the USD. The sales function of my role is the same as any sales job with targets and if the USD strengthens against the nzd between buying and selling stock, my gross profit is eroded.

Conversely I buy a container of product in USD and put it into stock and Trump tweets something stupid to affect the markets negatively and the USD falls, I make more gp.

So yeah, I have a vested interest in either a stable or falling USD.

World affairs boggle my mind because there are so many facets.. in self employed because I want to control my own prosperity and the company I work for gives everyone the same rate per 100 square feet, whether or not I make good money is based almost entirely on my personal drive

I find most people want the protection of a corporation but it's that same protection that opens a whole new can of worms
Gold: 138.36
Warn: 30%
Jan 11 2021 09:47pm
Quote (death_knight @ Jan 11 2021 07:44pm)
World affairs boggle my mind because there are so many facets.. in self employed because I want to control my own prosperity and the company I work for gives everyone the same rate per 100 square feet, whether or not I make good money is based almost entirely on my personal drive

I find most people want the protection of a corporation but it's that same protection that opens a whole new can of worms

you work and live in alberta?
Jan 11 2021 09:53pm
Quote (death_knight @ Jan 12 2021 04:44pm)

I will stay my own firm once my network grows a little more over the next few years. 34 is pretty young to really have this industry in your pocket. However when I look back over the last 8 years in the industry out grows quickly.

I'm happy to cruise at this role until I learn more, next step would be general manager, so maybe even do that for 5 years before starting my own.

That's awesome that you earnings is based on how much you work, I'd like to be more flexible as my job follows me around on weekends and holidays
Jan 11 2021 10:14pm
Quote (cjlove90 @ 11 Jan 2021 20:47)
you work and live in alberta?

Yup

Quote (SenorNZ @ 11 Jan 2021 20:53)
I will stay my own firm once my network grows a little more over the next few years. 34 is pretty young to really have this industry in your pocket. However when I look back over the last 8 years in the industry out grows quickly.

I'm happy to cruise at this role until I learn more, next step would be general manager, so maybe even do that for 5 years before starting my own.

That's awesome that you earnings is based on how much you work, I'd like to be more flexible as my job follows me around on weekends and holidays

After talking to you over the years it sounds like you have a good life setup for yourself and have worked hard to get where you are and I can't really comment on a sector that I know very little about and have never worked in

My job is entirely physical with some basic logistics so I have come to realize a physical job makes the back hurt while the office work makes the mind hurt.. I have held authoritative positions under several companies but controlling people really isnt my life and I can that since I've been vegan I have very little desire to profit off another man's sweat

I'm also plagued with moral issues these days.. for example my ladder as stolen off my site a few weeks ago and tomorrow I'll be buying a brand new one instead of a used one for a third of the price because I can't risk buying stolen gear and it pisses me off that some good citizen will probably unknowingly buy my stolen ladder and make money via it's utilization

So you can see the more "people" that get involved in business the more corruption to follow hence my comments on trump
Gold: 83.46
Jan 11 2021 10:19pm
Quote (SenorNZ @ Jan 11 2021 11:08am)
The four-page impeachment bill draws from Trump's own false statements about his election defeat to Democrat Joe Biden; his pressure on state officials in Georgia to "find" him more votes; and his White House rally ahead of the Capitol siege, in which he encouraged thousands of supporters to "fight like hell" before they stormed the building.

Even if it's delayed to allow Biden to setup government, if successful means he is barred from any public office.

Democrats have the majority and republicans are starting to turn on the megalomaniac as his behaviour deteriorates.

Personally, after the pipe bombs placed on the capitol were discovered, I think the 20th is going to have some detonations in DC. I would stay the fuck away if I was local.

Trump is looking more and more like he finishes his story in jail.

Good riddance.

You don't even live in the United States.

Shut the fuck up.

No one asked your bondi beach a$$.
Jan 11 2021 10:21pm
Quote (death_knight @ Jan 12 2021 05:14pm)
Yup

After talking to you over the years it sounds like you have a good life setup for yourself and have worked hard to get where you are and I can't really comment on a sector that I know very little about and have never worked in

My job is entirely physical with some basic logistics so I have come to realize a physical job makes the back hurt while the office work makes the mind hurt.. I have held authoritative positions under several companies but controlling people really isnt my life and I can that since I've been vegan I have very little desire to profit off another man's sweat

I'm also plagued with moral issues these days.. for example my ladder as stolen off my site a few weeks ago and tomorrow I'll be buying a brand new one instead of a used one for a third of the price because I can't risk buying stolen gear and it pisses me off that some good citizen will probably unknowingly buy my stolen ladder and make money via it's utilization

So you can see the more "people" that get involved in business the more corruption to follow hence my comments on trump

I totally get you, I might be a little too nice for this industry as I'm not the type to fuck other people over to succeed. The company I work at is very ethical so I'm happy here.

Definitely worked my ass off to get here, but I like that, I need pressure to perform at my best.

Sorry to hear someone stole your shit, thieves are fucking trash.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123441Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll