d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Gross Abuse Of Power > Census Citizenship Question
Prev12346Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jun 12 2019 02:52pm
Quote (Surfpunk @ Jun 12 2019 08:41pm)
TIL: Every single person who comes here illegally leans Democratic. Every. Single. One.

Oh come on, who the fuck do you think they will be loyal to? The party who fights every way they can to have them illegally stay here, or the administration who wants to end the lawless exploitation? Wow some people are naive.

This post was edited by CarsV on Jun 12 2019 02:53pm
Gold: 0.00
Jun 12 2019 03:11pm
Quote (CarsV @ Jun 12 2019 03:52pm)
Oh come on, who the fuck do you think they will be loyal to? The party who fights every way they can to have them illegally stay here, or the administration who wants to end the lawless exploitation? Wow some people are naive.

I'm not being naive. I know which way they tend to lean as a whole. But not every single one leans that way (also, Central Americans tend to be Christian, and we know which way that group goes in general). And besides, they don't get to vote anyway. The only thing at stake regarding illegals and the census is funding allocation and representation/electoral vote allocation. And that's pretty much a wash anyway, since illegals don't all live in blue states. FFS, Texas probably benefits greatly from an illegal population (possibly to the tune of 2 seats in Congress), so all this kvetching about "Muh Censuhs Questshunz" is as effective as taking a flying fuck at a rolling donut.

This post was edited by Surfpunk on Jun 12 2019 03:13pm
Gold: 119,903.34
Jun 12 2019 05:47pm
Quote (Surfpunk @ Jun 12 2019 04:11pm)
I'm not being naive. I know which way they tend to lean as a whole. But not every single one leans that way (also, Central Americans tend to be Christian, and we know which way that group goes in general). And besides, they don't get to vote anyway. The only thing at stake regarding illegals and the census is funding allocation and representation/electoral vote allocation. And that's pretty much a wash anyway, since illegals don't all live in blue states. FFS, Texas probably benefits greatly from an illegal population (possibly to the tune of 2 seats in Congress), so all this kvetching about "Muh Censuhs Questshunz" is as effective as taking a flying fuck at a rolling donut.

It's not about nuanced view and pragmatic reasoning with illegal immigration for authoritarian right wingers. It's about memes and sharing gifs of Donald Trump saying you gotta go back and believing that somehow 10+ million people can somehow be deported and not have more consequences than benefits.
Gold: 8,933.00
Jun 12 2019 06:22pm
The state of California enjoys 4 extra seats in the US House of Representatives due to the census counting everyone, citizen or not. This means that there are states that have lost representation in Congress that is theirs by right, but stolen from them by this state of affairs. Congress is there to represent citizens, not non citizens. The citizenship question is fair.
Gold: 14,745.00
Jun 12 2019 06:57pm
Cam already posted this but I'll repost it. This is literally what the California Democratic party put out a few days ago

Resolution 19-05.98
Resolution to Extend Democratic Party Membership to Non-Citizens
1 WHEREAS the United States Government has been using the politics of fear to silence the voices of
2 immigrants by directly threatening the safety, security, and livelihood of immigrants in California
3 and the United States. California’s non-Citizen population is more than 5 million of the more than
4 38 million residents of California, and the California Democratic Party is stronger when we utilize
5 talents of all our residents; and
7 WHEREAS California has made great strides in integrating our immigrant population in all aspects,
8 including passing laws that authorize health care for all children, professional licenses, driver’s
9 licenses, college grants, loans, and in-state tuition for eligible residents, regardless of their
10 immigration status. The California Democratic Party shall implement inclusive measures to ensure
11 full participation by all Democrats; immigrants shall have full participation regardless of
12 citizenship or immigration status; and
14 WHEREAS state election code only requires residents to be “affiliated” or “register a preference” to
15 be recognized as “Registered Democrats.” California’s democratic values of equal representation
16 are upheld when our local and state government is diverse and representative of the people who
17 reside in the state. The California Democratic Party’s duty is to amplify that voice; and
19 THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED that the California Democratic Party recognizes that any resident
20 over the age of 18, regardless of citizenship or immigration status, has the right to fully participate
21 in the California Democratic Party; and
23 BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the California Democratic Party calls upon our elected
24 representatives in the California State Legislature and all members of the California Democratic
25 Party to create a secure means for non-citizens to register a recognized preference with the
26 California Democratic Party

https://cdpconvention.org/assets/pdfs/Resolutions%20Packet%20053019.pdf

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Jun 12 2019 06:58pm
Gold: 10,485.00
Jun 12 2019 07:19pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Jun 12 2019 08:57pm)
Cam already posted this but I'll repost it. This is literally what the California Democratic party put out a few days ago

https://cdpconvention.org/assets/pdfs/Resolutions%20Packet%20053019.pdf

Looks like it's time for all the good "citizens" of the US to invade and take over California.

Jun 12 2019 07:27pm
Quote (Ghot @ Jun 12 2019 06:19pm)
Looks like it's time for all the good "citizens" of the US to invade and take over California.

I mean it's one thing if a conservative was trying to say "this is what they want" but when the Democrats literally say it themselves they want illegals to vote how can anyone possibly deny it?

This isn't some conservative conspiracy theory. At this point, I think photo ID should be required for voting.
Gold: 2,617.52
Jun 12 2019 08:21pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Jun 12 2019 08:27pm)
I mean it's one thing if a conservative was trying to say "this is what they want" but when the Democrats literally say it themselves they want illegals to vote how can anyone possibly deny it?

This isn't some conservative conspiracy theory. At this point, I think photo ID should be required for voting.

Rrrrracist
Gold: 12,730.67
Jun 12 2019 08:33pm
The Constitution is pretty clear on the issue of representation IMO. Non-voters and slaves have always been represented (though slaves counted as 3/5ths) so I believe that immigrants, regardless of legal status, need to be counted in the census. After all, everyone is taxed!

While there is merit to citizenship question from a data perspective, the reasons given by the Trump administration are clearly bullshit. Who the fuck would believe that this administration has ANY interest in enforcing the Voting Rights Act. LOL!

Jun 12 2019 09:07pm
This post is a violation of the site rules and appropriate action was taken.

Quote (thundercock @ Jun 12 2019 07:33pm)
The Constitution is pretty clear on the issue of representation IMO. Non-voters and slaves have always been represented (though slaves counted as 3/5ths) so I believe that immigrants, regardless of legal status, need to be counted in the census. After all, everyone is taxed!

While there is merit to citizenship question from a data perspective, the reasons given by the Trump administration are clearly bullshit. Who the fuck would believe that this administration has ANY interest in enforcing the Voting Rights Act. LOL!

Some people spent a lifetime paying hundreds of thousands in taxes for roads, schools, social security, etc while some can walk a few miles across the border and be entitled to the same political voice and benefits.

Since we're on the subject, although I'm a legal immigrant and slightly lighter skinned compared to the central Americans you're used to, I can still come over and fuck your wife since you're so open-minded. If it's not too much to ask, please stock the fridge with a few 6 packs of IPA's, I prefer citrusy ones, thank, I'm sure you'll oblige.

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Jun 12 2019 09:09pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12346Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll