d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Daca Set To Be Phased Out > Adios!
Prev123424Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 57.00
Sep 3 2017 10:03pm
drumpf will surely meet his end!!!! he cant keep getting away with this!!! requiring the legislative branch to legislate is obstruction and unconstitutional!!!

Gold: 0.00
Sep 3 2017 10:15pm
we have to many people that leach....mostly in giant liberal cities....so with that being said i say deport to the nearest family member
Sep 3 2017 10:19pm
Go make Mexico great again! er... go make Mexico great!
Sep 3 2017 10:20pm
Quote (stimpy6298 @ Sep 4 2017 04:15am)
we have to many people that leach....mostly in giant liberal cities....so with that being said i say deport to the nearest family member

It's been widely known and accepted for ten years that most tax revenue in the country is generated in liberal places and that most government welfare is dispensed in the conservative places.
Sep 3 2017 10:21pm
Quote (Interesting @ Sep 3 2017 11:20pm)
It's been widely known and accepted for ten years that most tax revenue in the country is generated in liberal places and that most government welfare is dispensed in the conservative places.

pretty much what i was thinking good food for thought anyone reading this post
Gold: 11,407.33
Sep 3 2017 10:22pm
Quote (inkanddagger @ Sep 3 2017 11:30pm)
Unless their leadership uses the 6 month phase out to pass it into law, they just alienated enough moderate Republicans to lose in 2020.

So they aren't totally screwed, unless the freedom caucus snakes strike at the party's heels again.

Republicans mad that trump decided to reverse an obama amnesty order and send it back to congress in 2017 for proper constitutional handling are really whats going to sink the GOP in 2020?
with all the controversy and hysteria surrounding trump, thats the big decider?
I dont think so.

We havent even heard the official announcement of what hes planning to do yet either.
Gold: 10,485.00
Sep 3 2017 10:56pm
Ok, I see that legal immigration is hard, but not impossible by any means.

I guess I don't agree with creating laws (like DACA and the Dreamers Act) that try to "get around" the US immigration laws.
I think if the people of the US are not happy with the current immigration laws, it might be a good idea to look at amending them slightly.
But the last thing we need is even more, and more convoluted laws that...aren't included in the standard immigration laws. This will just make court cases about immigration even more messed up.

I think maybe we should do a type of Peace Corps thing again. If so many people want to leave...Mexico let's say, why don't we help Mexico improve, without degrading the US standard of living in the process.

/e the Peace Corps seems to be a volunteer organization, which is probably why it's not really helping that much.
Maybe a small amount of govt. funding and a large amount donated by philanthropists. Or maybe celebrities could donate money to the Peace Corps instead of to politicians.

This post was edited by Ghot on Sep 3 2017 11:01pm
Gold: 5.77
Sep 3 2017 11:13pm
Quote (Ghot @ Sep 3 2017 09:56pm)
Ok, I see that legal immigration is hard, but not impossible by any means.

I guess I don't agree with creating laws (like DACA and the Dreamers Act) that try to "get around" the US immigration laws.
I think if the people of the US are not happy with the current immigration laws, it might be a good idea to look at amending them slightly.
But the last thing we need is even more, and more convoluted laws that...aren't included in the standard immigration laws. This will just make court cases about immigration even more messed up.

I think maybe we should do a type of Peace Corps thing again. If so many people want to leave...Mexico let's say, why don't we help Mexico improve, without degrading the US standard of living in the process.

/e the Peace Corps seems to be a volunteer organization, which is probably why it's not really helping that much.
Maybe a small amount of govt. funding and a large amount donated by philanthropists. Or maybe celebrities could donate money to the Peace Corps instead of to politicians.

I feel like you guys just don't quite understand.

Imagine that you were brought by your parents to the United States as a baby. You grow up an American, maybe you only know English, you go through high school here, maybe you're even the valedictorian and prom king. You worked hard and now that you've graduated, it's time to get a job and go to university.

Only something isn't right. You discover at 18 years old that you can't apply to college or get a job because you don't have a US birth certificate. Your parents crossed the border illegally and never told you. They abandoned their culture and only taught you English because they wanted you to fully assimilate.

Now Donald Trump is deporting you to a place you have no memory of, where you don't speak the language, and where all of your accomplishments for the first 18 years of your life no longer matter.

This is what DACA was designed to address. There is no path to citizenship for these kids, and many of them grew up the same as you, many never knowing that the country they believed in wasn't actually home.

This post was edited by inkanddagger on Sep 3 2017 11:18pm
Gold: 10,485.00
Sep 3 2017 11:23pm

Yes, the Dreamer Act is good IF we assume DACA is good. IF we allow DACA then we should allow them to become citizens.

But wait there's more...

DACA will cause an ungodly rise in illegal immigration in the first place.
So...get rid of DACA and the Dreamer Act and put all those who were involved on a crash course to citizenship.

This is kind of what I meant. We can't just ignore stupid laws and then need to create more laws to fix the original problem.
The original problem is DACA...it should never have been passed because it makes a joke of our immigration laws. It makes folks from outside the US think that we just need to get to the US and bring babies or start cranking out babies.

The problem has always been population vs. resources. There is no amount of legal side-stepping that is gonna make that problem go away.
The whole world has to start getting smart about over-breeding.

Gold: 4,404.67
Sep 3 2017 11:49pm
as I wrote in the other thread about DACA:

deporting young folks who grew up in the US and didnt do anything wrong other than following their parents as kids cant be the solution. we have also already invested a lot into these kids, so it would be a big loss of human capital to deport them.
on the other hand, naturalizing them would create new incentives for future illegal immigration, and it would dilute the vote power of the american people as the result of a criminal act, namely the illegal border crossing by the parents of the dreamers.

therefore, the only course of action that makes sense is to give them a path to obtaining a permanent residency permit, but not citizenship or voting rights.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Sep 3 2017 11:49pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123424Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll