d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Thanks Obama! > Health Insurance Premiums
Prev12349Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 475.46
Oct 20 2016 01:25pm
Mine has gone up every year by a small amount, but there is always a cheaper plan option that i dont take because of the deductibles, etc. I pay around 200$ a month for health, vision, dental.

This post was edited by Brian_D on Oct 20 2016 01:25pm
Gold: 3.33
Oct 20 2016 01:30pm
Quote (Voyaging @ Oct 20 2016 08:01pm)
Honestly, I don't think it can be any more of a logistical nightmare than the pre-Obamacare system. Highest spending in the world and like 34th in quality. Abysmal.

This is a great interview with Martin Shkreli about the healthcare and pharmaceutical industry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoMlxVimwiU

Wow I'm surprised, he's a pretty intelligent fellow and he knows his shit. But I don't know the intricacies of the healthcare industry so I can't verify if what he's saying is true. He's got a federal indictment for securities fraud which he's currently on bail for, so I'm not sure if he's the person I'd be taking policy ideas from.

Yeah, if I was American I'd be all over a universal healthcare system despite my doubts, just because it can't get that much worse. It requires a huge transition and I can understand why many would be skeptical of it
Gold: 260.11
Oct 20 2016 01:37pm
I pay 65 a month for just me, basically a disaster plan, which sucks because I've inherited my father's neck problems and would rather get images now rather than later when it gets worse.
Gold: 3,100.00
Oct 20 2016 01:39pm
Mine went up slightly, company has been footing the bill so far.
Gold: 2,504.69
Oct 20 2016 01:41pm
Ours went up 6% or so. the company decided to cover it, after they found out nearly half of the employees downstairs were going to apply at Oshkosh Truck, who are hiring from a new defense contract they've gotten.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 35,078.94
Trader: Trusted
Oct 20 2016 01:44pm
People just don't understand how Obamacare works. It's not designed to help individuals in their insurance premiums. The way YOU make money is because the government pays the bill for billions upon billions of unpaid hospital bills. If someone without insurance has a heartattack, the hospital is going to treat them anyways then bill a few hundred thousand dollars to the government. Obamacare is designed to make that idiot who didn't have insurance get insurance so that the average taxpayer doesn't have to eat the bill for the people too stupid to not get health insurance. Overall it drops the amount the average taxpayer has to eat by about 20-40% depending on which source you use.

No matter who you ask, Obamacare is saving the country money overall so that your tax dollars don't go to paying for people's health costs. Instead, you're pooling money for their insurance, which overall is a heck of a lot cheaper. It's not anything even remotely close to Canada/Europe systems.

I've physically read the entire law, twice. I was on capitol hill as a lobbyist back during college as a polisci undergrad when this was being created and worked on it in 2010 once it was introduced.

If you ever have the desire to read it or refer to it - http://housedocs.house.gov/energycommerce/ppacacon.pdf

This post was edited by AspenSniper on Oct 20 2016 01:48pm
Gold: 8,933.00
Oct 20 2016 02:09pm
Quote (AspenSniper @ Oct 20 2016 02:44pm)
People just don't understand how Obamacare works. It's not designed to help individuals in their insurance premiums. The way YOU make money is because the government pays the bill for billions upon billions of unpaid hospital bills. If someone without insurance has a heartattack, the hospital is going to treat them anyways then bill a few hundred thousand dollars to the government. Obamacare is designed to make that idiot who didn't have insurance get insurance so that the average taxpayer doesn't have to eat the bill for the people too stupid to not get health insurance. Overall it drops the amount the average taxpayer has to eat by about 20-40% depending on which source you use.

No matter who you ask, Obamacare is saving the country money overall so that your tax dollars don't go to paying for people's health costs. Instead, you're pooling money for their insurance, which overall is a heck of a lot cheaper. It's not anything even remotely close to Canada/Europe systems.

I've physically read the entire law, twice. I was on capitol hill as a lobbyist back during college as a polisci undergrad when this was being created and worked on it in 2010 once it was introduced.

If you ever have the desire to read it or refer to it - http://housedocs.house.gov/energycommerce/ppacacon.pdf

Wait a minute. It works? The average taxpayer isn't footing the bill? When did that happen? How come the HHS budget keeps rising?
Gold: 22,164.69
Oct 20 2016 02:22pm
edit

This post was edited by Goomshill on Oct 20 2016 02:23pm
Gold: 2,504.69
Oct 20 2016 02:24pm
Quote (Santara @ Oct 20 2016 02:09pm)
Wait a minute. It works? The average taxpayer isn't footing the bill? When did that happen? How come the HHS budget keeps rising?

vaccines driving up the price with all that autism obviously.

Quote (Goomshill @ Oct 20 2016 02:22pm)
edit

rekt
Gold: 1,002.00
Warn: 10%
Oct 20 2016 03:32pm
Quote (dro94 @ 20 Oct 2016 20:30)
Wow I'm surprised, he's a pretty intelligent fellow and he knows his shit. But I don't know the intricacies of the healthcare industry so I can't verify if what he's saying is true. He's got a federal indictment for securities fraud which he's currently on bail for, so I'm not sure if he's the person I'd be taking policy ideas from.

Yeah, if I was American I'd be all over a universal healthcare system despite my doubts, just because it can't get that much worse. It requires a huge transition and I can understand why many would be skeptical of it

My red flag goes up when a salesman/CEO sais: "we even sell them at a 70% reduction" and then compare the product to another service of higher price..

The actual question is why the cost for the product went up 500% for his company to sell these products.. That isnt adressed.

This post was edited by Knaapie on Oct 20 2016 03:34pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12349Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll