d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Existence Is Cringe.
12316Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 260.11
May 8 2023 12:55pm
Imo the continuance of existence is pretty cringe.

Like, we have to eat and shit and stiff and that's pretty dumb. Any God worth his salt wouldn't have made the world so dumb.

Imo we should seek a way to rip apart spacetime to eliminate all of existence to avoid how cringe it is.
Gold: 3,971.00
May 8 2023 12:56pm
Go read Jordan Peterson’s book and for the love of god - hit the gym.
Gold: 2,195.46
May 8 2023 01:09pm
gives me The Death of Ivan Ilyich vibes
Gold: 0.00
May 8 2023 06:13pm
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ May 8 2023 11:55am)

Like, we have to eat and shit and stiff and that's pretty dumb. Any God worth his salt wouldn't have made the world so dumb.

Imo we should seek a way to rip apart spacetime to eliminate all of existence to avoid how cringe it is.

Are you doing alright? While I think contemplations about existence, and how it is cringe or absurd, are quite common in philosophical circles. However, I find that sometimes we may find ourselves down a similar rabbit hole when we're otherwise not doing so hot.

This post was edited by Handcuffs on May 8 2023 06:14pm
Gold: 9,164.33
May 8 2023 06:28pm
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ May 8 2023 11:55am)

theme song of the thread
May 8 2023 07:10pm
Quote (Handcuffs @ May 8 2023 07:13pm)
Are you doing alright? While I think contemplations about existence, and how it is cringe or absurd, are quite common in philosophical circles. However, I find that sometimes we may find ourselves down a similar rabbit hole when we're otherwise not doing so hot.

Doing better now than I was since January.

I posted this right as I was drifting off into a nap this afternoon and didn't even remember posting it when I woke up
May 8 2023 07:20pm
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ May 8 2023 06:10pm)
Doing better now than I was since January.

I posted this right as I was drifting off into a nap this afternoon and didn't even remember posting it when I woke up

It's good to hear that you're doing better.

Existence is pretty interesting. We're rapidly approaching endemic existential crisis, I think. There's an inverse relationship between our understanding of the universe and religiousity. Barring the possibility of intelligent extraterrestrial life, we've in essence 'discovered' much of the boundaries that comprise the known universe. What do we do then about the meaninglessness that comes with that understanding?

I can only think that creation, relationships, discovery, and competition are the only things that justify us continuing. None of us gave consent to exist, and I think it behooves humanity to then take the opportunity to both ask and answer "Why should existence continue?".
May 8 2023 07:42pm
Quote (Handcuffs @ May 8 2023 08:20pm)
It's good to hear that you're doing better.

Existence is pretty interesting. We're rapidly approaching endemic existential crisis, I think. There's an inverse relationship between our understanding of the universe and religiousity. Barring the possibility of intelligent extraterrestrial life, we've in essence 'discovered' much of the boundaries that comprise the known universe. What do we do then about the meaninglessness that comes with that understanding?

I can only think that creation, relationships, discovery, and competition are the only things that justify us continuing. None of us gave consent to exist, and I think it behooves humanity to then take the opportunity to both ask and answer "Why should existence continue?".

I think the big cause or existential crisis is the inability for individuals to meaningfully see the impact they have along with the free time and energy to reflect on it. Like, we lack community and are separated from the fruits of our work. So interpersonal we don't see our impact and then our economic worth gets reduced to a spreadsheet.
May 8 2023 07:48pm
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ May 8 2023 08:42pm)
I think the big cause or existential crisis is the inability for individuals to meaningfully see the impact they have along with the free time and energy to reflect on it. Like, we lack community and are separated from the fruits of our work. So interpersonal we don't see our impact and then our economic worth gets reduced to a spreadsheet.

Start a garden. Feed yourself and your family with it. Give away what you can’t use to your neighbors. That’s one way to start a community. You actually get more out of it the more you give away.

Edit: green onions are so damn easy. They practically grow like weeds and hardly need any watering. Also, touching grass and digging in soil is relaxing.

This post was edited by foxnews on May 8 2023 07:50pm
May 8 2023 08:15pm
Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ May 8 2023 06:42pm)

I don't disagree, comrade.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
12316Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll