d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Path of Exile > Strategy & Guides > New Poe Player
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 23,625.00
Nov 30 2023 11:03am
Any tips on making some fg on the new season? Never played before but would like to play for the first time with friends. Any advice would be appreciated
Gold: 20,543.00
Dec 1 2023 05:52am
First of all, group play opens so many possibilites, since every player can focus on being pure glass cannon or support class. The obvious thing here is mapping of course which is simillar mechanic to diablo 3 rifts (exp and rewards scale with number of players + you have different currencies that can upgrade map for better rewards, the downside of it is map getting harder, but You can find middleground for sure), or if You like to sit in town and craft, that's possible too but since You are new player i wouldn't bother about it trough 1st playtrough. When you are gonna be around 55-60+, maps will be dropping, they take 1 slot in your inventory, they have 1-16 tiers ( the higher you go the harder it is). The 2nd thing is big skill tree that give you the ability to farm specific mechanics in game (you could check maxroll guide for it, it is well made imo), for new players i would recommend "alch and go essence farm" or blight ( the links are here) https://maxroll.gg/poe/currency/league-start-alch-and-go
https://maxroll.gg/poe/currency/blight-currency-strategy. The site is good if you wanna get to know things while reading about them, but if you are more of a listening type of guy i recommend PoE content creators such as Zizarian, GhazzyTV (only summoner builds player), Jungroan. The game is so complex that i guarantee You gonna get confused asf,but if i can recommend what look into first to make your life a bit easier there are 3 programs - Path of building community (basically a spreadsheet for your class build + some people include step by step leveling guide in it, from start to endgame), Awakened Poe Trade ( gives ability to check market prices with clicking two buttons, instead going to official site and search everything manually) and lastly PoE Filterblade (the game drops tons of shit amount of items, which makes it harder to see the good ones, Filterblade as the name says is custom Filter that helps you picking up the right item bases, uniques, etc.),also there is a site called Poe Ninja (gives ability to check prices of most items and top builds that are played during leauge). When You get confused i can save you with a little bit of copium, saying that a lot of players don't understand the game entirely after 1000+ hours ( i have 902 hours and don't know like 30% of the game :D), best guys reach gosu items in like week or two of playing where for most people it takes around 3 weeks or more, so the prices of items are very different troughout the month, also this is good time to start, because new leauge introduces a lot of interesting stuff that turned things upside down. Lastly i apologize for chaotic message but im just thinking straight of the top :p, if You got more questions ill try to answser them to the best of my ability.I hope I helped somewhat, have fun :).

This post was edited by Martinezlcm on Dec 1 2023 06:14am
Gold: 23,625.00
Dec 1 2023 11:29am
Quote (Martinezlcm @ Dec 1 2023 05:52am)
First of all, group play opens so many possibilites, since every player can focus on being pure glass cannon or support class. The obvious thing here is mapping of course which is simillar mechanic to diablo 3 rifts (exp and rewards scale with number of players + you have different currencies that can upgrade map for better rewards, the downside of it is map getting harder, but You can find middleground for sure), or if You like to sit in town and craft, that's possible too but since You are new player i wouldn't bother about it trough 1st playtrough. When you are gonna be around 55-60+, maps will be dropping, they take 1 slot in your inventory, they have 1-16 tiers ( the higher you go the harder it is). The 2nd thing is big skill tree that give you the ability to farm specific mechanics in game (you could check maxroll guide for it, it is well made imo), for new players i would recommend "alch and go essence farm" or blight ( the links are here) https://maxroll.gg/poe/currency/league-start-alch-and-go
https://maxroll.gg/poe/currency/blight-currency-strategy. The site is good if you wanna get to know things while reading about them, but if you are more of a listening type of guy i recommend PoE content creators such as Zizarian, GhazzyTV (only summoner builds player), Jungroan. The game is so complex that i guarantee You gonna get confused asf,but if i can recommend what look into first to make your life a bit easier there are 3 programs - Path of building community (basically a spreadsheet for your class build + some people include step by step leveling guide in it, from start to endgame), Awakened Poe Trade ( gives ability to check market prices with clicking two buttons, instead going to official site and search everything manually) and lastly PoE Filterblade (the game drops tons of shit amount of items, which makes it harder to see the good ones, Filterblade as the name says is custom Filter that helps you picking up the right item bases, uniques, etc.),also there is a site called Poe Ninja (gives ability to check prices of most items and top builds that are played during leauge). When You get confused i can save you with a little bit of copium, saying that a lot of players don't understand the game entirely after 1000+ hours ( i have 902 hours and don't know like 30% of the game :D), best guys reach gosu items in like week or two of playing where for most people it takes around 3 weeks or more, so the prices of items are very different troughout the month, also this is good time to start, because new leauge introduces a lot of interesting stuff that turned things upside down. Lastly i apologize for chaotic message but im just thinking straight of the top :p, if You got more questions ill try to answser them to the best of my ability.I hope I helped somewhat, have fun :).

Thank you so much for the post I really appreciate it. I will have at least 2-3 others I will be playing with, they are trying to get me to play the new season. This information is perfect!
Gold: 300.00
Dec 31 2023 12:13am
welcome Bahookies, u have a lot of fun thing to do on this game, but u need have so much time to expended to work.
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Add Reply New Topic