d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Graphic Design > Graphic Design General Chat
Prev1309530963097309830994745Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 96.65
Aug 12 2011 02:44am
Guys, i am in dire need of your pro expertise tips.

I am looking for an easy idea to paint my walls, maybe top 3 different colours. I have done the basic white and am going to move to (probably dark, quite intense red tone). Since i live in attic, walls are not square nor symmetrical cause of the wooden support pillars which are dark dark brown. My idea is to paint the walls inside the brown areas while still leaving about 10cm white on each side so it will get neat and tidy look. Ofc, the shapes would get fixed/simplified a bit so it would fix the symmetry and i would get basic geometrical shapes, which are also easier to paint. However, i'd love to hear some second ideas and thoughts on this, cause my girl is useless, and this is my first time i am going in something so extensive... :S

This will be the only wall that will be painted. Rest will be white, and the low one on the left which you can see on the picture will be my open canvas, and i will draw on it. Idea is samurai champloo characters (which are also in red, white and black tones, fortunately for me). Low wall is about 4 m long, and 0,6m high. The big wall is about 3 m high at the top where the light is located and long, fuck idk, 6m at the bottom?

halp pls, and be creative, i got about 4hours on this till i start.

Second idea was to paint wall in light brown/yellow (oker, but darker) tone and stencil out some tree branches, than paint it in with brighter colour, which will be much harder execution wise, but could also look good. But than again, might change the focal of whole room to the wall.

1.Reason why i wrote what i wish to do is so i could be advised, not cause i wanna smart ass.
2.If i could transfer my wall into a sig, i would do it.
3.Was looking at some modern designs but fuck gray everything with metal furniture.
4.IF possible keep in mind that light in the room is not that intense (1 window), so this is the reason why i am going with white edges, and only one surface will be painted in other than white.
5.Pictures will be posted once i am done (if you guys givafuck), and if anyone got badass suggestion, he wins my wall and my heart, and gets his idea executed.
6. :D
7.Image of the wall so you can imagine it better:

<3, Slunko
Thank you guys.
Gold: 0.00
Aug 12 2011 03:36am
Quote (Fromage @ 12 Aug 2011 00:52)
Hai :)

how are you babe? :)
Gold: 10,341.00
Aug 12 2011 03:38am
Quote (TheShattered @ Oct 17 2010 07:56pm)
lettuce see how long this will last
how come the mods don't censor the post(s) with the 'inappropriate' thing rather than closing the whole thread?

Haha this was so lonq ago
Gold: 16.71
Aug 12 2011 04:29am
Hello dears <3
Gold: 535.00
Aug 12 2011 04:33am
Quote (Slunko @ Aug 12 2011 07:44pm)
Guys, i am in dire need of your pro expertise tips.

I am looking for an easy idea to paint my walls, maybe top 3 different colours. I have done the basic white and am going to move to (probably dark, quite intense red tone). Since i live in attic, walls are not square nor symmetrical cause of the wooden support pillars which are dark dark brown. My idea is to paint the walls inside the brown areas while still leaving about 10cm white on each side so it will get neat and tidy look. Ofc, the shapes would get fixed/simplified a bit so it would fix the symmetry and i would get basic geometrical shapes, which are also easier to paint. However, i'd love to hear some second ideas and thoughts on this, cause my girl is useless, and this is my first time i am going in something so extensive... :S

This will be the only wall that will be painted. Rest will be white, and the low one on the left which you can see on the picture will be my open canvas, and i will draw on it. Idea is samurai champloo characters (which are also in red, white and black tones, fortunately for me). Low wall is about 4 m long, and 0,6m high. The big wall is about 3 m high at the top where the light is located and long, fuck idk, 6m at the bottom?

halp pls, and be creative, i got about 4hours on this  till i start.

Second idea was to paint wall in light brown/yellow (oker, but darker) tone and stencil out some tree branches, than paint it in with brighter colour, which will be much harder execution wise, but could also look good. But than again, might change the focal of whole room to the wall.

1.Reason why i wrote what i wish to do is so i could be advised, not cause i wanna smart ass.
2.If i could transfer my wall into a sig, i would do it.
3.Was looking at some modern designs but fuck gray everything with metal furniture.
4.IF possible keep in mind that light in the room is not that intense (1 window), so this is the reason why i am going with white edges, and only one surface will be painted in other than white.
5.Pictures will be posted once i am done (if you guys givafuck), and if anyone got badass suggestion, he wins my wall and my heart, and gets his idea executed.
6. :D
7.Image of the wall so you can imagine it better:
http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/8910/img33366.png

<3, Slunko
Thank you guys.

I've always dreamt of having a dark maroon feature wall, would go well in there I think, especially with a stencil design of some sort.
Gold: 0.00
Aug 12 2011 04:36am
that looks like a sick pad slunko
Gold: 96.65
Aug 12 2011 05:37am
Quote (sicklad @ 12 Aug 2011 11:33)
I've always dreamt of having a dark maroon feature wall, would go well in there I think, especially with a stencil design of some sort.

ty for both replies :D
So i bought the paint and am just about to start! :3

Thought about going with dark maroon, but the shop guy said all little imperfections can be seen once it dries, so i went with a lighter colour. :/
Gold: 16.71
Aug 12 2011 02:01pm
Quote (Slunko @ 12 Aug 2011 13:37)
ty for both replies :D
So i bought the paint and am just about to start! :3

Thought about going with dark maroon, but the shop guy said all little imperfections can be seen once it dries, so i went with a lighter colour. :/

I want to see the outcome •_•
also, good evening everyone there :D
Gold: 238.00
Aug 12 2011 04:32pm
gbye cruel world
Gold: 0.08
Aug 12 2011 04:52pm
Quote (datdude377 @ Aug 12 2011 05:22pm)

loled in a random thread. oopps.
Go Back To Graphic Design Topic List
Prev1309530963097309830994745Next
Closed New Topic New Poll