d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Graphic Design > Ripper Accusation Topic > Scamming Accusation For Graphic Artist
Prev1167168169170171192Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 20,683.50
May 13 2012 04:19pm
http://forums.d2jsp.org/user.php?i=360680

Thanks.

Nvm he just changed it.

This post was edited by Call Me Traitor on May 13 2012 04:19pm
Gold: 0.06
Trader: Trusted
May 13 2012 04:21pm
D
Quote (Call Me Traitor @ May 13 2012 06:19pm)
http://forums.d2jsp.org/user.php?i=360680

Thanks.

Nvm he just changed it.

dd
Gold: 0.00
May 14 2012 06:40am
Quote (L_a_c @ May 11 2012 04:15am)
Taken care of, thanks :)

Umm..I would like to know why I was warned and had my signature removed?
I made the signature in question myself in PS using this image:

Resources offered over the internet, and thus, made public for everyone to use, have no labelled ownership. Thus, an accusation based over these pretenses, ie., a signature created from the basis of a public render or stock will recieve no action in this thread.

Retired Moderator
Gold: 1,355.27
May 14 2012 12:14pm
warn reason should be in your warn log, however you may discuss it with mister Skip if you wanna object : http://forums.d2jsp.org/user.php?i=110138
Thanks, lets keep this topic for ripper accusation cases :)
May 14 2012 03:45pm
Quote (L_a_c @ May 14 2012 02:14pm)
warn reason should be in your warn log, however you may discuss it with mister Skip if you wanna object : http://forums.d2jsp.org/user.php?i=110138
Thanks, lets keep this topic for ripper accusation cases :)

Well, this kind of is a ripper accusation case seeing as I was warned for ripping ^_^

Quote (L_a_c @ May 14 2012 05:49pm)
Your case can be solved only by contact with senior moderator ^^

I pmed Sgull several hours ago, but thank you for the heads up.

This post was edited by MidnightRider on May 14 2012 04:00pm
Retired Moderator
May 14 2012 03:49pm
Quote (MidnightRider @ 14 May 2012 22:45)
Well, this kind of is a ripper accusation case seeing as I was warned for ripping  ^_^

May 14 2012 11:21pm
Quote (L_a_c @ May 14 2012 05:49pm)

I was told by Sgull to bring this up with you, so I guess I will post a modified version of my conversation with him here, omitting the parts regarding the legitimacy of the warning so as to make it a purely "Ripper Accusation Case"

I was warned and suspended for wearing the following signature.

According to the site rules, have every right to wear this signature, and it is not, by JSP definitions, a RIP.

The rules clearly state:
Resources offered over the internet, and thus, made public for everyone to use, have no labelled ownership. Thus, an accusation based over these pretenses, ie., a signature created from the basis of a public render or stock will recieve no action in this thread. However, a direct and identical copy would be considered a rip, provided it does not fall under the description below:

I have specifically asked moderators about this rule in the past, and they have made it clear that
1. If an image is available on the web, you can modify it and use it as your signature
2. Jsp only deals with infractions where one JSP user has a clear claim to the image in question
3. If two users are wearing signatures that neither has a right to (i.e. offsite rip), neither party can accuse the other of ripping, regardless of who payed for what.

The user L_a_c can only make a claim for his SPECIFIC signature; he cannot make any claims regarding signatures that happen to use the same base image, and JSP takes no action regarding the use of such base images.

Here is the base image in both my signature and his.

Our signatures are not identical.
Mine was made in Photshop quite easily using only a few adjustment layers.
Just because L_a_c and I have signatures that are similar does not give him the right to have mine removed, especially since neither signature features significant changes from the base image.

Under Jsp's rules, I have every right to use the signature I created using the above base image.

Given this information, I would like to get the OK to wear my signature again without receiving an unexpected vacation and warn.as I did previously.

This post was edited by MidnightRider on May 14 2012 11:25pm
Retired Moderator
May 15 2012 04:59am
pm'd
May 15 2012 09:04am
Quote (L_a_c @ May 15 2012 06:59am)
pm'd

*It is imperative that you understand and accept the verdict of your accusation, if any results.*

We've got some work to do then.

How on Earth is it fair for you to conveniently ignore the rules when the case happens to concern your signature, but enforce those same rules for other cases?

You mentioned the following as if it were an adequate explanation: The d2jsp Moderation Team will take action as they see fit on a case by case basis.

That clause should dictate how moderators can approach individual cases which are actually determined to be ripping.
It does not give you the right to blatantly declare a rip under circumstances that would not otherwise constitute ripping.

Finally, you mentioned this:
Not to mention you actually decided to crop EXACTLY the same part of the image I use

First, the crop is not identical, as far as I know.
I believe there are slight differences, but it shouldn't matter anyway.
Given the base image's size and shape, that was clearly the most visually appealing way to crop the castle part of the image for Jsp size requirements.

If you're going to create exceptions to the rules to benefit your own person, I don't think you're fit to run this topic.
No drama intended; that's how I feel. Period.

This post was edited by MidnightRider on May 15 2012 09:09am
May 16 2012 02:48am
Quote (MidnightRider @ May 15 2012 03:04pm)
We've got some work to do then.

How on Earth is it fair for you to conveniently ignore the rules when the case happens to concern your signature, but enforce those same rules for other cases?

You mentioned the following as if it were an adequate explanation: The d2jsp Moderation Team will take action as they see fit on a case by case basis.

That clause should dictate how moderators can approach individual cases which are actually determined to be ripping.
It does not give you the right to blatantly declare a rip under circumstances that would not otherwise constitute ripping. 

Finally, you mentioned this:

First, the crop is not identical, as far as I know. 
I believe there are slight differences, but it shouldn't matter anyway.
Given the base image's size and shape, that was clearly the most visually appealing way to crop the castle part of the image for Jsp size requirements.

If you're going to create exceptions to the rules to benefit your own person, I don't think you're fit to run this topic.
No drama intended; that's how I feel. Period.

Same for me it was not an exact copy this was an unfair punishment for doing what you just said was not a rip and was legal thx

This post was edited by Golden_star on May 16 2012 02:49am
Go Back To Graphic Design Topic List
Prev1167168169170171192Next
Closed New Topic New Poll