d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > The Trophy Room > Killerdreams Method. > I Know It.
Prev119202122Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 25,008.00
Dec 1 2009 02:32am
Quote (yippee @ Dec 1 2009 06:53am)
http://i711.photobucket.com/albums/ww114/sharpnips/sIGNATURE.jpg/10

ice/10

gz pic lol
Banned
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Dec 1 2009 02:33am
Quote (Shodokan @ Dec 1 2009 02:31am)
It was actually used for things such as duping.  But in this case it would do nothing.  See nilithak dupe in 08 for example.

blocking a packet wouldn't do jack shit.
Blocking one that your client is sending would just fail to update the server and it would proceed normally and you'd probably just kill yourself ingame
Blocking packets from the server would do nothing but black-wall you.

If you want to manipulate packets, you can't do fucking shit unless you already know a vulnerability in the code. For example, a mass dupe in 1.09 would spam a fake packet telling an NPC to sell a copy of an item for 1 gold, giving it an incorrect pointer to the item (from your inventory instead of his) which would lead to mass dupes with fresh ID keys.

blocking a packet, on the other hand, will never accomplish anything
Gold: 175.00
Dec 1 2009 02:38am
Quote (Hajonston @ Dec 1 2009 04:33am)
blocking a packet wouldn't do jack shit.
Blocking one that your client is sending would just fail to update the server and it would proceed normally and you'd probably just kill yourself ingame
Blocking packets from the server would do nothing but black-wall you.

If you want to manipulate packets, you can't do fucking shit unless you already know a vulnerability in the code. For example, a mass dupe in 1.09 would spam a fake packet telling an NPC to sell a copy of an item for 1 gold, giving it an incorrect pointer to the item (from your inventory instead of his) which would lead to mass dupes with fresh ID keys.

blocking a packet, on the other hand, will never accomplish anything

You have no idea how the matrix method worked if you think it had anything to do with selling an item for one gold or anything like that. You're a fucking tool. Go read up some more on BH and let the real discussion happen between people like Killer's and myself who have been around forever, know our shit and can back up what we say with actual explanations, exact packet info etc.

If you want an explanation of "yay" or matrix methods i'm sure Lord will give you a brief run through. People like snarg would have no idea because they are fucking posers though like yourself.
Banned
Dec 1 2009 02:46am
Quote (Shodokan @ Dec 1 2009 02:38am)
You have no idea how the matrix method worked if you think it had anything to do with selling an item for one gold or anything like that.  You're a fucking tool. Go read up some more on BH and let the real discussion happen between people like Killer's and myself who have been around forever, know our shit and can back up what we say with actual explanations, exact packet info etc.

If you want an explanation of "yay" or matrix methods i'm sure Lord will give you a brief run through.  People like snarg would have no idea because they are fucking posers though like yourself.

idiot.

stop trying to drop technical mumbo jumbo without having any fucking idea how a network works.
I'm going to explain to you what you should have learned in networking 101:

D2 transmits packets over a lossy connection between client and server where packets sent from either side have no guarantee of being received and can be dropped at any point. The server is implemented so that it will remain stable regardless of lost packets or extraneous packets from the client- spamming useless packets will do nothing (except most likely disconnect you) and sending no packets at all will not harm the server either (except again, disconnecting you). You can go into the packets being sent over the connection and filter whatever the fuck you want out of it, it will not cause any ramifications in-game that could help you. You can block your client from updating (accomplishing nothing) or you can block your client from sending commands to the server (reducing your control, not giving you anything new).

Thats not even a matter of how D2 works- that fucking basic networking you turdbrain.
Gold: 0.67
Dec 1 2009 02:48am
Quote (Hajonston @ Dec 1 2009 01:46am)
idiot.

stop trying to drop technical mumbo jumbo without having any fucking idea how a network works.

D2 transmits packets over a lossy connection between client and server where packets sent from either side have no guarantee of being received and can be dropped at any point. The server is implemented so that it will remain stable regardless of lost packets or extraneous packets from the client- spamming useless packets will do nothing (except most likely disconnect you) and sending no packets at all will not harm the server either (except again, disconnecting you). You can go into the packets being sent over the connection and filter whatever the fuck you want out of it, it will not cause any ramifications in-game that could help you. You can block your client from updating (accomplishing nothing) or you can block your client from sending commands to the server (reducing your control, not giving you anything new).

Thats not even a matter of how D2 works- that fucking basic networking you turdbrain.

lol'd at rando pretending to know what he talks about
Banned
Dec 1 2009 02:50am
Quote (clanger @ Dec 1 2009 02:48am)
lol'd at rando pretending to know what he talks about

lol'd at rando with no idea who I am or what I'm talking about.

Dumbos seem to think they can block packets between a server and client and affect the server on lossy game controls. What are you going to do, fail to tell it you clicked at X/Y? Lose the packet that tells you a new player entered your minimap? Oh noes! Clue to dumbos: The game is run on the server, not on your computer, so any "packet manipulation" does jackshit unless its exploiting a coding loophole on the server (for example, a improper response to a fake packet)
Dec 1 2009 02:51am
Quote (Hajonston @ Dec 1 2009 04:46am)
idiot.

If you have no sound technical knowledge of how any of the actual dupes, exploits etc worked in the past. Why there were no item identifications etc. Then your "networking" knowledge means shit. Just like we can't force bugged games now right? You remember the ones where certain characters couldn't save in?

Technically speaking from your "networking 101" any packet blocking by the client would have no effect, yet most of the private and even some public methods from late 1.08 to 1.09 abused packet blocking.

If your "networking" knowledge can explain how that worked then by my guest. But you're doing nothing but making yourself look like an idiot yourself. Rambling on about how a server can not be manipulated when in fact it can be and is done even to this day.
Banned
Dec 1 2009 02:52am
Quote (Gary13579 @ Dec 1 2009 08:10am)
What? You do know the only clientless bot that has been available in the past 4 years is the one I took a screenshot of. I was releasing it back when it was buggy. That stopped over a year ago.

available meaning publicly available?
because if you mean you compiled the 1st client-less bot for d2 then you are LIGHTYEARS behind
Banned
Dec 1 2009 02:56am
Quote (Shodokan @ Dec 1 2009 02:51am)
If you have no sound technical knowledge of how any of the actual dupes, exploits etc worked in the past. Why there were no item identifications etc. Then your "networking" knowledge means shit

Because the table collision of ID keys on a server wasn't implemented until the 1.10 overhaul
Now it both checks against collisions on ID keys as well as parameters above common sense limits and out of place

Technically speaking from your "networking 101" any packet blocking by the client would have no effect, yet most of the private and even some public methods from late 1.08 to 1.09 abused packet blocking.

No, they didn't.
Some involved packet sniffing (identify gambling items) some involved packet spoofing (1.09 mass dupe)

You want to know what packet blocking does? It desyncs your client, and thats it
You can successfully "lag" yourself and cause a cute blackwall or have the server disconnect you. But you can't change how the server acts by blocking the packet.

Stop blabbing on and on about things you don't understand.

Dec 1 2009 02:56am
Quote (D2A @ Dec 1 2009 04:52am)
available meaning publicly available?
because if you mean you compiled the 1st client-less bot for d2 then you are LIGHTYEARS behind

There are/were at least two working clientless bots.

There was actually one developed by "asiangary" or something similar was his aim sn. As well as Josh's. I know someone must have come up with another method of doing it. Josh's worked in late 1.09 and early 1.10 but had limited functionality.

This post was edited by Shodokan on Dec 1 2009 02:58am
Go Back To The Trophy Room Topic List
Prev119202122Next
Closed New Topic New Poll