d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > The Trophy Room > #1 Amp Bow In D2r? - Cruel/fools/ias/amp Gmb > D2:R
Prev12346Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 25.46
Jul 11 2024 09:49pm
Quote (Rai_Grottpojken @ Jul 11 2024 07:20pm)
.... Eagle Flight is literally way to slow to even feel good imo, even for strafe so unsure when that would be good to use?
The great bow does hit 1 ias bp higher 7fps instead of 8 which is def something, but the dmg increase from it is not that big.
Considering mine has +2Bow skills and Fools which adds 1.5k flat attack rating and it still hits the same breakpoints for strafe which is rly the only skill that rly benefit the most from the fools mod.
Altho the multishot is also enjoying that huge flat attack rating boost.
Imo your bows arent really competing since they dont have the fools mod. And for the extra dmg that only the great bow will add which is like 5k on guided arrow and 4k on multishot when i checked (and that 4-5k is taken from a 70k guided/40k multishot and it is also considering all charms on maxroll are 100% perfect and with merc pride+might auras + amplify up, without all those buffs and non perf charms and gear the difference will be even less. So considering all of this and My Bow actually provides 10k higher strafe dmg then the Great Bow. The Pellet bow does give ~10k higher strafe dmg than mine but its noticably slower. Ive tried strafe with slower bows and it does not feel great. You get locked in animation for way to long for it even to feel good in pvm imo.
Anyway those are two very nice bows for sure, but unsure if u posted them as to prove how bad mine was or something as it is not what the numbers are showing me at all. Similar performance but u loose alot of hitrate, which is actually important both in pvp and pvm for those of you who didnt know.
I think I would still pick mine over your anyday of the week. Ur Great bow wins mostly for Guided Arrow since it is not affected by attack rating. The crossbow is still as slow pvm even with a faith merc u cant raise the speed breakpoints so unsure when you use that?

Edit: Also the differnece between 3.13hits/sec and 3.57hits/sec is 1 extra hit every 7 hits. Considering it is not gonna be amplifying by several crazy speed buffs (which does not exist in d2r pvp for the amazon). It will only ever be 1 extra hit every 7 hits.
It is something, but if the dmg is pretty much the same i dont see that being a make/break for any bowa even in pvp. Have pvp'd quite a bit with her and she is performing rly well. The amp procs alot aswell, especially from strafe. Strafe also being the best bow skill to use for when enemies are in close range imo. Which is also where the fools mod + amp will shine the most.

sry cant read american

faith much betta
Gold: 37.45
Warn: 40%
Jul 11 2024 11:22pm
Quote (Rai_Grottpojken @ Jul 11 2024 08:28pm)
https://i.imgur.com/JwUXSKU.png
(Jewel=37ed/15ias)

This is i think my best ever self found Fools. Dropped it in Throne of Destruction when i was farming solo.
One of the better amp fools bows ive yet to see in d2r. Think it competes for #1?

.... Demon Harp is literally way to slow to even feel good imo, even for strafe so unsure when that would be good to use?
The great bow does hit 1 ias bp higher 7fps instead of 8 which is def something, but the dmg increase from it is not that big.
Considering mine has +2Bow skills and Fools which adds 1.5k flat attack rating and it still hits the same breakpoints for strafe which is rly the only skill that rly benefit the most from the fools mod.
Imo your bows arent really competing since they dont have the fools mod. And for the extra dmg that only the great bow will add which is like 5k on guided arrow and 4k on multishot when i checked (and that 4-5k is taken from a 70k guided/40k multishot and it is also considering all charms on maxroll are 100% perfect and with merc pride+might auras + amplify up, without all those buffs and non perf charms and gear the difference will be even less. So considering all of this and My Bow actually provides 10k higher strafe dmg then the Great Bow. The Pellet bow does give ~10k higher strafe dmg than mine but its noticably slower. Ive tried strafe with slower bows and it does not feel great. You get locked in animation for way to long for it even to feel good in pvm imo.
Anyway those are two very nice bows for sure, but unsure if u posted them as to prove how bad mine was or something as it is not what the numbers are showing me at all. Similar performance but u loose alot of hitrate, which is actually important both in pvp and pvm for those of you who didnt know.
I think I would still pick mine over your anyday of the week. Ur Great bow wins mostly for Guided Arrow since it is not affected by attack rating. The crossbow is still as slow pvm even with a faith merc u cant raise the speed breakpoints so unsure when you use that?

Edit: Also the differnece between 3.13hits/sec and 3.57hits/sec is 1 extra hit every 7 hits. Considering it is not gonna be amplifying by several crazy speed buffs (which does not exist in d2r pvp for the amazon). It will only ever be 1 extra hit every 7 hits.
It is something, but if the dmg is pretty much the same i dont see that being a make/break for any bowa even in pvp. Have pvp'd quite a bit with her and she is performing rly well. The amp procs alot aswell, especially from strafe. Strafe also being the best bow skill to use for when enemies are in close range imo. Which is also where the fools mod + amp will shine the most.
Gold: 34,473.50
Jul 12 2024 03:16am
Quote (Rai_Grottpojken @ Jul 12 2024 09:20am)
.... Eagle Flight is literally way to slow to even feel good imo, even for strafe so unsure when that would be good to use?

your bow cannot go with fortitude or enigma. becuase 2frame strafe without 15fana aura is impossible and with 15 fana, you need 95ias for 7frame

anyway i also have this bow. i already have tried 7frame with 15fana aura merc build. in my opinion, 8frame with might+concentration aura merc build is better for rare bow zon. 7frame with 15fana aura merc build lost almost 500ed boost than might+concentration merc build.

Xbow is slow but has crazy strafe dps. :D

This post was edited by Synow on Jul 12 2024 03:29am
Gold: 100.70
Warn: 10%
Jul 12 2024 03:21am
Quote (Synow @ Jul 12 2024 05:16am)
https://i.postimg.cc/76bhzDMr/amp-bow.png

anyway i also have this bow. i already have tried 7frame with 15fana aura merc build. in my opinion, 8frame with might+concentration aura merc build is better for rare bow zon. 7frame with 15fana aura merc build lost almost 500ed boost than might+concentration merc build.

Xbow is slow but has crazy strafe dps. :D

If you need novels to justify your bow being good, it’s not good.
Fools is absolutely useless on a bow…
No zon is using a rare fools amp bow for pvm or pvp.

This post was edited by straightedgerevenge on Jul 12 2024 03:22am
Jul 12 2024 03:24am
Quote (straightedgerevenge @ Jul 12 2024 06:21pm)
If you need novels to justify your bow being good, it’s not good.
Fools is absolutely useless on a bow…
No zon is using a rare fools amp bow for pvm or pvp.

read all thread. this fools bow is FT.
Jul 12 2024 03:34am
Quote (Synow @ Jul 12 2024 05:24am)
read all thread. this fools bow is FT.

And? So because it’s for trade means it’s a trophy?
Lmfao…your bow isn’t even 2 sockets.

Trophy bow is 30-40 ias/430+ ed/fire damage/2soc great bow/gmb/shadow bow
Anything else has to be absolutely perfect for it to meet the requirements for a trophy rare bow.

Didn’t even realize i’m arguing with a guy that’s not even the OP.
Either way, idk why you’re arguing with me. My statements were directed at the OP.

This post was edited by straightedgerevenge on Jul 12 2024 03:38am
Jul 12 2024 03:37am
Quote (straightedgerevenge @ Jul 12 2024 06:34pm)
Lmfao…

huh? you seem to be delirious from the hot summer weather

i never said my bow is trophy. you are misunderstanding something.

This post was edited by Synow on Jul 12 2024 03:38am
Jul 12 2024 03:40am
Quote (Synow @ Jul 12 2024 05:37am)
huh? you seem to be delirious from the hot summer weather

i never said my bow is trophy. you are misunderstanding something.

No, I just work 60-72 hour weeks on 6 hour sleep.
I thought you were the OP based on your justification.
Wither way, your bows are average also. Nothing special.
Jul 12 2024 03:40am
Quote (straightedgerevenge @ Jul 12 2024 06:34pm)
Lmfao…your bow isn’t even 2 sockets.

Trophy bow is 30-40 ias/430+ ed/fire damage/2soc great bow/gmb/shadow bow
Anything else has to be absolutely perfect for it to meet the requirements for a trophy rare bow.

bow maximum ias is 20.
Jul 12 2024 03:41am
Quote (straightedgerevenge @ Jul 12 2024 06:40pm)
No, I just work 60-72 hour weeks on 6 hour sleep.
I thought you were the OP based on your justification.
Wither way, your bows are average also. Nothing special.

You are someone to be respected.

This post was edited by Synow on Jul 12 2024 03:41am
Go Back To The Trophy Room Topic List
Prev12346Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll