d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Low Level Dueling > The Lld Ghost Sin > another guide brought to you by op lldpk
1237Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 12,437.51
Apr 24 2007 09:28am
I had planned on making this build for a long time, but I think I will never get around to it. I figured I would post the concept so someone else can try it out.

The concept is to make a LLD assassin that is similar to a HLD Ghost sin. For those who don't know what a Ghost is, it is a WW assassin that relies heavily on maneuverability. This assassin uses enigma rather than branble, hits the 65 fcr breakpoint for quick tele and mindblast, 9 frame traps for faster stunlocking, and maxes mindblast for extra damage as the skill will be used often in duels. Although the physical damage isn't as high as it could be, and the venom damage is much lower than a Bramble build, the speed of a Ghost makes it much more powerful than other WW sins.

Applying this concept to LLD seems fairly straightforward, and I am surprised that I have never seen it done before. I planned out a kicker that will run quickly, mb fast and hard, lay fast WOFs, and still hit 5 kicks per volley. Although this is a kicker, I will use all +shadow discipline gear in order to pump my mindblast damage. I am fairly experienced with HLD Ghost sins, and MB damage is a huge benefit of this character. On a LLD build that uses DFlight instead of tele, the importance of MB damage is even greater. There are many situations where you will have a namelock on your opponent, but you are out of DFlight range. In these sceenarios, you just repeatedly MB them for as much damage as possible until they can break the namelock. The +shadow gear will also help pump your BOS, Claw block, and Venom.

This character is clearly best suited for dueling casters. If you attempt to duel against a melee character, you will have low life, low damage, and low block% due to using 2 claws. However I'm sure certain melee characters could be beaten easily by this build by using only MB and staying away from them.

Gear:

Circlet: +2Shadow/20fcr/30frw (Shael)

Amulet: +1 Assassin 50-60life 10rep (fcr is not necessary)

Armor: VMagi (Shael)

Claw #1: +3MB +1 DFlight hand scythe - make the "Strength" runeword out of this claw. Be sure to equip this as your primary claw. CB won't work on your secondary claw.

35% Enhanced Damage
25% Chance Of Crushing Blow
7% Life Stolen Per Hit
+2 To Mana After Each Kill
+20 To Strength
+10 To Vitality

Claw #2: +2Shadow +3MB hand scythe (str/life/res jewels)

Rings: FCR/Mana/Rep rings

Belt: 10% Open Wounds / Life belt

Boots: 30frw//10fhr High res War Boots

Gloves: +2 Martial arts/10%IAS gloves

Charms:
8x 5%frw scs
32x 15life scs

Every charm should have mana, res, or +Stamina.

On Switch: +2 Shadow Claws. If you can find a useful staffmod for extra prebuff, it's even better.

This build will be very mana intensive. I was thinking of it on USEast where we can use 70/15s. However, it should be viable with a lot of high end legit LLD scs, and mana pots. If you don't want to pot, and you don't have 70/15s, this build probably won't work for you.

Skill Distribution:
1 Claw Mastery
1 Psychic Hammer
1 Cloak of Shadows
1 BOS
1 Fade
1 Shadow Master
1 Venom
1 Fire Blast
1 WoF
5 Weapon Block
7 Mind Blast
20 DTalon

Note: You need to hit level 24 DTalon in order to hit 5 kicks per volley. This means either your amulet or circlet will need to be +1 Assassin instead of +2 Shadow.

Note: You will obviously need to figure out specific gear switches for different opponents. For example - Death's belt against cold damage.

Final Stats of this build:

DTalon Damage: 152-312 (not sure if I calculated this correctly)
Mindblast Damage: 88-98
Venom Damage: 225-245 (using plain +2 shadow claws on switch)
FCR: 70 (11 frame)
Traps: 9 Frame
Kick speed: 7/3 frame
FRW: 155%
Claw Block: 55%
Crushing blow: 25%
Open Wounds: 10%

I'm sure there are improvements that could be made to this build. This is just an idea I had, so feel free to comment or try building it if you want.

This post was edited by breakbeatz2 on Apr 24 2007 09:34am
Gold: 48.15
Apr 24 2007 09:41am
Edit the trap speed pls. I R NEUROTIC!
Quote (breakbeatz2 @ Tue, 24 Apr 2007, 17:28)

This character is clearly best suited for dueling casters. If you attempt to duel against a melee character, you will have low life, low damage, and low block% due to using 2 claws. However I'm sure certain melee characters could be beaten easily by this build by using only MB and staying away from them.

Mine has melee gear in stash: whistsan, steel flail (strenght would be better tho i think), peasant, angelic combo, rattlecage and gtoes.
With caster gear its also easy to trigger ow then start mbing, repeat after 8 seconds ofc.

With melee gear this is very close to regular kicker (just with rattlecage).
Btw how about 70ias claw and DR-mode vs melee? SoE, fade with all that +shadow gear and rockfleece? ~35dr% doesnt sound that bad..

This post was edited by Matroskin on Apr 24 2007 09:47am
Apr 24 2007 09:44am
I like the melee gear in stash, but I wouldn't want to pump dex for block.

You shouldn't beat any decent melee even with that gear if you try to tank.

This post was edited by breakbeatz2 on Apr 24 2007 09:44am
Apr 24 2007 09:49am
Quote (breakbeatz2 @ Tue, 24 Apr 2007, 17:44)
I like the melee gear in stash, but I wouldn't want to pump dex for block.

You shouldn't beat any decent melee even with that gear if you try to tank.

Ive beaten chargers, wws and smites with this build..
But y not those u mean by melee.. Concs zeals and furys should rape this assa easily.
Apr 24 2007 09:53am
Funny, I would think this build would do much better against zeal conc and fury. It can just stay away from those builds and mb/wof lock for a slow kill.

However, against moving "melee" such as ww and charge, it shouldn't have a chance. Namelock ww is an immediate duel ender against a low damage char like this. 6k charge should make quick work of her too.
Apr 24 2007 10:01am
Quote (breakbeatz2 @ Tue, 24 Apr 2007, 17:53)
Funny, I would think this build would do much better against zeal conc and fury.  It can just stay away from those builds and mb/wof lock for a slow kill.

Humm.. I suppose thats possible.. smile.gif Melee isnt rly popular in euroscl, never met zeal or fury with this build and only 2 concers.. And ive had this char for a while tongue.gif
Gold: 35.00
Apr 24 2007 12:56pm
wow this guide is amazing, props to you

im actually planning on making one of these and i found some very nice boots imo(20 frw, 10 fhr, 37 fire res 28 cold 15 light--virtue found for referrence)

and i was wondering if the -10 frw will make that big of a difference? maybe use 11 frw scs instead of 8?

ill donate all my fg for this very nice build wink.gif
Apr 24 2007 01:29pm
As long as the boots are war boots they will be fine with 20 frw. You can either use more frw scs, or run a little slower... whichever one you prefer.

This post was edited by breakbeatz2 on Apr 24 2007 01:29pm
Gold: 2,255.00
Apr 24 2007 01:34pm
heh...if i still had my nl crap my up'd sshanks would be bout perfect for that build, lol...

and yeah, i'd stick w/ caster gear on vs the melees since they shouldnt be getting close enough to hurt you in the first place w/ mb + trap stun
Apr 24 2007 01:47pm
Shanks aren't as good as they usually are.

The str won't save you any stats since War Boots are your highest str item.

The dex won't help you wear your claws since you want to build around the 20 str from your "Strength" claw in order to equip the boots.

Of course the res are incredible and the frw is nice, but they aren't as good as they seem at first glance.
Go Back To Low Level Dueling Topic List
1237Next
Add Reply New Topic