d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Low Level Dueling > Level 30 Windy Druid Guide > I was bored...
1237Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 1,941.44
Feb 26 2007 03:52pm
I got bored and decided to write a guide...

Level 30 Elemental Druid (Windy)

You should try to hit the 99FCR breakpoint (163 is way too far off), and the 99FHR breakpoint too, or atleast 63FHR.

First I'll start with the items, I'll also give you a "cheap budget" alternative aswell if the first choice item is sometimes expensive.

Items

Helm
Here you'll either want a:
Pelt - these generally give more damage, you'll probably want to get one with 4 or 5 +Tornado (it will be 2+ Ele/and then +Nado), possibly with 2 sockets/+ Oak Sage/FHR/+ other useful skills.
Circlet - these generally give more FCR/FRW, and you'll definately need 2+ Ele on here, and preferably 2 sockets. Also it's nice to have life/mana on them too.
I'd say a Pelt is probably the best choice, as you don't usually need the FCR if you are using the right equipment. Although 30FRW is nice to have.
A cheap alternative would be Peasant Crown, you would get much less damage, but it's extremely cheap. I really do suggest getting atleast a 2+ Ele/20FCR circlet at minimum though if you can't get a good pelt.
Socket your helm with whatever you feel is best, Stat Jewels, Res Jewels, (or a Jewel with both), PSkulls, PRubies, PSapphires, whatever you want.

Armor
Only 2 options here really, Viper or Stealth. I'd say Viper is a better option for the Resistances and skills, but some will argue that the FHR and FRW from Stealth is better.
I don't see how anyone couldn't afford a Viper, although if you're really poor then Stealth is also a good choice.
And again, same sort of socket as the helm.

Weapon
Only one choice here, Spirit Crystal Sword. I shouldn't need to explain this, and if you can't afford Spirit, then you're just lazy. You should try and get one with high FCR (35 is max).

Shield
Again, only a few choices here:
Rhyme Bone Shield - my personal favourite choice, doesn't really need explaining, it's just a great shield.
Whitstans - this is also a good shield, some people will use this as their "max block setup" so they don't have to stat as much dexterity. Probably best to socket this with a PDiamond.

Gloves
Magefists and Bloodfists go here, I'd say use Magefists if you use a Circlet and you don't need the FCR, (although you probably will have to use Mages), if not, then use Bloodfists. Most of the time you will end up having to use Magefists anyway.

Boots
Sanders are the best option, 40 FRW and 20 Dex, not much better than these really.
The only other options are CK boots (but Sanders are probably better and easier to get than CK anyway), or some crafted boots with FRW/FHR/Life Rep/Stats.
I really do suggest Sanders though...

Belt
Two main choices here;
String of Ears - this is useful vs melee (physical dmg), and is fairly cheap and easy to get.
Crafted FCR/FHR belt - I'd say this is the best option here, if you can get one.
Bladebucke - FHR and some stats, not a bad belt if you're poor. Make sure to get an Ethereal one though because it has a pretty hefty strength requirement.

Rings
SOJs are probably the best, although if you can afford them then go with some FCR rings.
FCR rings should have atleast 70 mana, and some res/stats if possible.
You may need to use an FCR ring anyway if it means you hit the breakpoint.

Amulet
2+ Elemental Skills/10FCR/life/mana/other stats should be your main choice here.
If you really are struggling... then use whatever +Ele or +Druid you can find with 10FCR.
And if you are seriously poor, then Eye of Etlich is the only choice. Although if you are that poor, then you shouldn't really be LLD'ing.

Charms
This should be 15 Life Small Charms, and some 3 FRW Small Charms if you want to move faster. I suggest getting atleast 60FRW in total.

Switch weapons
Usually most people would use Insight here, for mana regen.
Also some people like to use Whitstans + Spirit for max block vs melee, and then switch to Rhyme + Spirit vs casters.
Or if you wanted you could have Rhyme + Honor, for the 10 Life Replenish.

Skills
This is up to you, but usually you would max Tornado, one point in Hurricane, one into Oak Sage, and then all spare into Twister. If you want to then you can put a point into Ravens/Wolves, I use them myself and I find them to be useful. But it's up to you. If you are still stuck then here it is:
1 Hurricane
7 Tornado
19 Cyclone Armor
10 Twister
1 Oak Sage
1 Ravens
1 Wolves
1 Arctic Blast
If you want a bit more damage then you can take away the points from Ravens/Wolves and add it to Twister.

Stats
Pretty straightforward here -
Strength: Enough for items.
Dexterity: Enough for max block.
Vitality: All spare points.
Energy: None.

You should aim for around 800 to 1000 Tornado damage, 65 FRW, and atleast 1.1k Life.

Duel Strategies
I wont go into detail here, but remember to always walk vs melee (so you get max block).
Some chars are hard to beat, such as sorcs, because it's very hard to catch them. On the other hand, things like smiters or close range melee chars will die fast, they have to get near to you to attack, and you can just keep moving away, casting Tornado, and doing it over and over again until they die. Chargers are pretty much the same story, unless they're a really good charger who can 1-hit you. I find Ele Druids to be quite versatile chars, although they lose quite alot vs sorcs, and also bone necros. And Fissure druids can also be a problem.
This char is very fun to play, and until I made this char I hated Druids.

Well that's all I can think of for now, any questions then feel free to ask.
Gold: 154.08
Feb 26 2007 04:04pm
stick with necs... JK good guide. gonna edit it with feedback when im not stoned.. :S
Gold: 48.15
Feb 26 2007 04:08pm
Never made tornado dudu myself but 60frw doesnt sound very good to me. Imo you should at least have some frw stuff in stash for casters and bowies. Viper is ok but stealth is a must in stash imo.
Pretty nice guide although its pretty simple char and ppl should be able to figure most of it out by themselves tongue.gif
Gold: 145.00
Feb 26 2007 04:15pm
Quote (ste91 @ Mon, Feb 26 2007, 09:52pm)
I got bored and decided to write a guide...

Level 30 Elemental Druid (Windy)

You should try to hit the 99FCR breakpoint (163 is way too far off), and the 99FHR breakpoint too, or atleast 63FHR.* ill explain later why this is bolded

First I'll start with the items, I'll also give you a "cheap budget" alternative aswell if the first choice item is sometimes expensive.

Items

Helm
Here you'll either want a:
Pelt - these generally give more damage, you'll probably want to get one with 4 or 5 +Tornado (it will be 2+ Ele/and then +Nado), possibly with 2 sockets/+ Oak Sage/FHR/+ other useful skills.
Circlet - these generally give more FCR/FRW, and you'll definately need 2+ Ele on here, and preferably 2 sockets. Also it's nice to have life/mana on them too.
I'd say a Pelt is probably the best choice, as you don't usually need the FCR if you are using the right equipment. Although 30FRW is nice to have.
A cheap alternative would be Peasant Crown, you would get much less damage, but it's extremely cheap. I really do suggest getting atleast a 2+ Ele/20FCR circlet at minimum though if you can't get a good pelt.
Socket your helm with whatever you feel is best, Stat Jewels, Res Jewels, (or a Jewel with both), PSkulls, PRubies, PSapphires, whatever you want.

Armor
Only 2 options here really, Viper or Stealth. I'd say Viper is a better option for the Resistances and skills, but some will argue that the FHR and FRW from Stealth is better.
I don't see how anyone couldn't afford a Viper, although if you're really poor then Stealth is also a good choice.
And again, same sort of socket as the helm.

Weapon
Only one choice here, Spirit Crystal Sword. I shouldn't need to explain this, and if you can't afford Spirit, then you're just lazy. You should try and get one with high FCR (35 is max).

Shield
Again, only a few choices here:
Rhyme Bone Shield - my personal favourite choice, doesn't really need explaining, it's just a great shield.
Whitstans - this is also a good shield, some people will use this as their "max block setup" so they don't have to stat as much dexterity. Probably best to socket this with a PDiamond.**

Gloves
Magefists and Bloodfists go here, I'd say use Magefists if you use a Circlet and you don't need the FCR, (although you probably will have to use Mages), if not, then use Bloodfists. Most of the time you will end up having to use Magefists anyway.***

Boots
Sanders are the best option, 40 FRW and 20 Dex, not much better than these really.
The only other options are CK boots (but Sanders are probably better and easier to get than CK anyway), or some crafted boots with FRW/FHR/Life Rep/Stats.
I really do suggest Sanders though...

Belt
Two main choices here;
String of Ears - this is useful vs melee (physical dmg), and is fairly cheap and easy to get.
Crafted FCR/FHR belt - I'd say this is the best option here, if you can get one.
Bladebucke - FHR and some stats, not a bad belt if you're poor. Make sure to get an Ethereal one though because it has a pretty hefty strength requirement.

Rings
SOJs are probably the best, although if you can afford them then go with some FCR rings.
FCR rings should have atleast 70 mana, and some res/stats if possible.
You may need to use an FCR ring anyway if it means you hit the breakpoint.

Amulet
2+ Elemental Skills/10FCR/life/mana/other stats should be your main choice here.
If you really are struggling... then use whatever +Ele or +Druid you can find with 10FCR.
And if you are seriously poor, then Eye of Etlich is the only choice. Although if you are that poor, then you shouldn't really be LLD'ing.

Charms
This should be 15 Life Small Charms, and some 3 FRW Small Charms if you want to move faster. I suggest getting atleast 60FRW in total. 15 lifers/25 frw scs work best imo

Switch weapons
Usually most people would use Insight here, for mana regen.
Also some people like to use Whitstans + Spirit for max block vs melee, and then switch to Rhyme + Spirit vs casters.
Or if you wanted you could have Rhyme + Honor, for the 10 Life Replenish.

Skills
This is up to you, but usually you would max Tornado, one point in Hurricane, one into Oak Sage, and then all spare into Twister. If you want to then you can put a point into Ravens/Wolves, I use them myself and I find them to be useful. But it's up to you. If you are still stuck then here it is:
1 Hurricane
7 Tornado
19 Cyclone Armor
10 Twister
1 Oak Sage
1 Ravens
1 Wolves
1 Arctic Blast
If you want a bit more damage then you can take away the points from Ravens/Wolves and add it to Twister.

Stats
Pretty straightforward here -
Strength: Enough for items.
Dexterity: Enough for max block.
Vitality: All spare points.
Energy: None.

You should aim for around 800 to 1000 Tornado damage, 65 FRW, and atleast 1.1k Life.

Duel Strategies
I wont go into detail here, but remember to always walk vs melee (so you get max block).
Some chars are hard to beat, such as sorcs, because it's very hard to catch them. On the other hand, things like smiters or close range melee chars will die fast, they have to get near to you to attack, and you can just keep moving away, casting Tornado, and doing it over and over again until they die. Chargers are pretty much the same story, unless they're a really good charger who can 1-hit you.**** I find Ele Druids to be quite versatile chars, although they lose quite alot vs sorcs, and also bone necros. And Fissure druids can also be a problem.
This char is very fun to play, and until I made this char I hated Druids.

Well that's all I can think of for now, any questions then feel free to ask.

*63% fhr? are you serious? if you only go for the 63% bp your just lazy. spirit sword gives 55, a 10% fhr socket pelt (2x sheals) gives 50. easily done
**whistans should probley be socketed with a -15% reg, + dex, + str jewel here but its not nessicary ( only do this if you have enough resis
*** should always have blood fist 4 DvD, DvA, DvS
**** with String of ears on, no charger will be able to "1 hit" you. charger duels should be fairly easy unless as soon as they charge you, they switch to smite with should be difficult

other then that guide is O.K but i think butters pretty much had it covered
Banned
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 30%
Feb 26 2007 04:24pm
nice guide!
Gold: 1,941.44
Feb 26 2007 04:29pm
Yeah I forgot about jewel in the Whitstans, was thinking too much about resistances at the time.
I haven't seen buttersdan's guide... and I was bored anyway.

And @ the people talking about the FRW... I mean 60 is just a minimum really, I didn't really have time to check over the guide and add things in since I had to go for a shower.
And yes, I do suggest you get more FRW, infact you should keep lots of FRW charms in your stash.

And Zeus, if you've ever seen a GOOD high damage charger, then you'll know that they can usually 1 - 2 hit most people.
Feb 26 2007 04:30pm
then again your probley right, never dueled any great chargers :/
Gold: 2,000.09
Feb 26 2007 04:48pm
Quote (ZeusThreeHund @ Mon, Feb 26 2007, 10:30pm)
then again your probley right, never dueled any great chargers :/

How convenient - I have a level 30 charger. Care to back up your words that "charger duels will be fairly easy"? I don't think I've ever lost to a Windy before.
Feb 26 2007 04:57pm
yes im obviously trying to sell my lld because ive quit along time ago. Just because i still have 2/3s of the gear ( no charms ) doesnt mean im willing to sell my full smiter ot get charms just to get beat by someone who's masterd the art of lld. Con fucking grats. No this isnt dodge, its just me not willing to waste my time/ fully built characters to try to get lld charms. thats why i quit it, cause charms are way too important to the build. k
Gold: 2,000.09
Feb 26 2007 05:03pm
Fair enough - if you're going to dodge me, at least do me the favor of shutting up about the caliber of duelers on East Ladder? You keep stating how there's no competition on East, but I've never seen you in a duel game and now you tell us that you can't even get life charms?

Until you can back up your words, please refrain from making uninformed generalizations about the low duelers on E/SC/L. Much appreciated.
Go Back To Low Level Dueling Topic List
1237Next
Add Reply New Topic