d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Low Level Dueling > Build Guide: Level 30 Fury Druid > Another build brought to you by LLDpk
123Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 12,437.51
Jan 31 2007 02:27pm
Fury druids are the most versatile melee characters at level 30. They hold their own against barbs and paladins, and they are much better against casters than either of the two. While a barb or paladin's high defense is worthless in a duel vs a caster, a druid is just as effective since he will have low defense. He will also use a range 5 weapon which makes casters much easier to hit, and can run faster by charging up Feral Rage. However, a Fury druid is a very expensive character to make, and it is not recommended for those who are not willing to spend a lot on an LLD. It's fairly cheap to make a mediocre zealot or conc barb with an honor and rhyme, but a druid's damage is all coming from his charms and jewels, which can be very costly..

Gear:

Level 30 melee jewels:
The standard godly melee jewel is the 24 maxer. This jewel has 2 perfect mods; a 9 max prefix and a 15 max suffix. These should be the staple of any level 30 melee character. A 24 max jewel may be very hard to find, so substitute jewels as close to 24 max as possible. Min-Max jewels are also good LLD jewels, and have the possibility to do higher average damage than 24 maxers. However, in order to do more average damage than a 24 max, you need a rare jewel with 3 near perfect mods. I personally have the only jewel I have ever seen that does more damage than a 24 maxer - a perfect 3 mod 8-18 damage jewel. However, a perfect 4 mod min-max jewel would do a whopping 12-18 damage. I doubt this jewel will ever turn up though.

Max/AR jewels could be useful to keep in your stash for dueling conc barbs; the kings of all melee. a 15max/60AR jewel is a perfect 2 mod jewel, and 18/60AR would be a perfect 3 mod jewel. I've been toying with the idea of making a max/AR helm for my Fury druid, but I can't seem to spare the 4 extra stash slots to store it.

Helm:
+2 shapeshift, +3 fury 2os helm, with suffix if possible - VERY hard to find.
+3 fury 3os helm, with +HoW if possible - Use this if you can't find the helm listed above.
Fill sockets with 24 max jewels
You may want to make a second +3 Fury helm with 3x 15max/15res all jewels to use against casters.

Armor:
Peace runeword - I considered this armor to be overpowered and I didn't use it for a long time because a 72/80 armor is so much sexier. However, as the melee competition got better on USEast, I finally made one of these to use in most duels. When wearing 2 sojs, this armor will give +4 to critical strike, or a 38% chance to do double damage.
Artisans light armor of the squid (80 life is perfect). This armor will be better in duels vs high def barbs and paladins, where you will wear angelics instead of SoJs
Fill sockets with 24 max jewels

Shield:
Artisans tower Shield of deflecting - 3x 24max: 6 frame blocking
Artisans Tower Shield of Deflecting - 2x 24max 1x shael: 5 frame blocking
Artisans Tower Shield of Deflecting - 3x shael: 4 frame blocking (I've never tested this but some people say it's helpful - It doesn't seem worth it to me)

Rings:
SoJs vs. all low defense characters
Angelics vs. high defense barbs and paladins
Bitter hold - use this when you want to wear Goblin Toe boots. Bitter hold is a USEast dupe that gives 13str and 13dex. This will let you lose the str/dex bonus from Sanders and still wear your gear.

Amulet:
+2 Shapehift/life amulet (80 is perfect)
+2 Shapeshift/life/resist amulet (higher cold resist is very important due to cold mastery) 60 life will be perfect for this amulet.
Angelics vs. high defense barbs and paladins
Nokazoan vs. fire sorcs or fire trappers

Boots:
Sanders for most duels
Goblin Toe vs. low def/high life melee. Goblin Toes are great when dueling other Fury druids.

Belt:
String of Ears (15dr/15mdr is perfect)
Deaths Sash when you need CBF

Gloves:
Bloodfists - feel free to upgrade once if you're a perfectionist

Weapon:
6 x Shael superior Naga - 6/4 frame attack, range 3. Use this weapon vs. melee.
4 x Shael 2 x Hel superior Grim Scythe - 6/4 frame attack, range 5. You can use 20ED/-req jewels instead of Hels if you want to switch in a str/dex ring (Bitter Hold) to equip the weapon. I would rather use Hels, and receive an extra +1 to all skills (including crit strike) Use this weapon vs. casters and smiters.
If you want to make a pure melee Fury, a 100+ED 30ias 2 socket Cinquendas or Cutlass would be a great choice. This would save you a lot of points in str, while still hitting 7/4 Fury when socketed with 2 Shaels. However, these are hard to find, and your low str would mean that you could not equip a Grim Scythe for dueling casters.

Charms
40 x Fine small charms of substenance (3/20/15 is perfect)
1 x Fine grand charm of balance (10/76/fhr is perfect) - use this when you wear your jeweld Light Plate in order to hit the 4 frame fhr exactly.
10 x 3/20/5frws in stash to use vs. casters. I would keep more but I don't have room.

Switch:
Spirit Sword and Sigons Shield for prebuff. I personally hate prebuffing with gear from the stash, so I don't do it (I also have no room)

Skills:
20 Lycanthropy
5 Werewolf
1 Oak Sage
12 Heart of Wolverine
1 Feral Rage
1 Rabies
1 Fury

Some people like putting points into Oak Sage, but most LLDers go with HoW. When Sage dies, your life decreases to stay at the same percentage it was at with Sage. Since Sage dies early in most duels (and it's unwise to recast in melee duels) the amount of actual extra damage your Sage let you take will be small. Your life will be scaled down to remain at the same percentage early in the duel. However, when using HoW, even if it dies early, you get 100% of that extra damage done.

Others like to put some points into summons. While this is extremely beneficial in Fury vs. Fury due to an interruptable attack, most consider it BM to use in melee duels.

Stats:
Str - enough for gear (121)
Dex - enough for gear (86)
Vitality - everything else (won't be much left)
Energy - none

My Druid's final stats with my 72/80 on (looks better statwise)

Damage: 2226 max
Life: 2604
Attack rating: 6700
4 frame attack
4 frame fhr
With Angelics I have more life and over 10K AR, but my damage is lower.
Gold: 20.00
Jan 31 2007 02:31pm
hmm this is an exact copy of the guide from lld101.com ...

its an alright build but i would suggest dimensional blade rather than naga less damage but faster and less str req which saves u about 20 stats which i find much more benificial than the little bit extra range...
Gold: 12,437.51
Jan 31 2007 02:39pm
I wrote the guide on LLD101, so I'm allowed to copy it smile.gif

I made a few updates in this guide though.

I like the damage on Naga. An extra 15 damage goes a long way.

This post was edited by breakbeatz2 on Jan 31 2007 02:39pm
Jan 31 2007 02:41pm
Quote (breakbeatz2 @ Wed, Jan 31 2007, 08:39pm)
I wrote the guide on LLD101 smile.gif

I made a few updates in this guide though.

I like the damage on Naga. An extra 15 damage goes a long way.

cool i wasnt trying to discredit you or anything its a very nice build and i used this as a starting point for my own druid..
nice one and again i wasnt trying to take anything away from you nice work man very thourou guide smile.gif
Gold: 234.06
Jan 31 2007 07:48pm
build rapes everything
Gold: 0.04
Jan 31 2007 08:48pm
not a conc barb
Gold: 234.06
Jan 31 2007 10:19pm
Quote (majestikk @ Wed, Jan 31 2007, 09:48pm)
not a conc barb

forgot that.
Feb 1 2007 12:56am
i got a question

how many stats did u spend exactly in str dex cuz i made this build with a naga on open and no matter what i did i couldnt get enough stats to wear the grim scyth and the naga... i dont get it unless you have tons of str from charms belt or ammy i dont see how it is done with only 160 stat points available? have u actually made this build??
Gold: 0.69
Feb 1 2007 12:57am
he has, and ive seen screenshots. he has like 32 vita tongue.gif
Gold: 2,000.09
Feb 1 2007 01:35am
Quote (alexxmars @ Thu, Feb 1 2007, 06:56am)
i got a question

how many stats did u spend exactly in str dex cuz i made this build with a naga on open and no matter what i did i couldnt get enough stats to wear the grim scyth and the naga... i dont get it unless you have tons of str from charms belt or ammy i dont see how it is done with only 160 stat points available? have u actually made this build??

duped jewelry from classic
Go Back To Low Level Dueling Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic