d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > General Help Archive > How To Add A Font To Your Computer Or Photoshop > Brought To You By Shop
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
May 26 2009 01:45pm
Welcome to Shop's guide on How To Add A Font To Your Computer Or Photoshop.
Some may say this is nothing but common sense, but there are always going to be the good few that are unaware of how to do what this guide explains. :)

Step 1 - Finding Your Font:
The first thing you are going to want to do is find a font you like. There are many sites you can find download-able fonts on, but the site I think is the best is called http://www.dafont.com/. So first, you will want to go to DaFont and pick out a font you like (you can search for a specific font by using the search bar in the top-right of the webpage).
Step 2 - Downloading Your Font:
Once you have found the font you are looking to download, you will want to click the little square to the right of the font preview section (see picture below), to download the font's file (the file is a .ttf file).

Step 3 - Adding Your Font:
Once you have the font downloaded, you can put it anywhere on your computer (for now). I would suggest just sticking it onto your Desktop, somewhere where you will know where to find it in a minute.
With your font on your Desktop, you are now going to want to open up your Start Menu (in the bottom-left of your computer's screen), then open up your Control Panel (it is on the right side of your opened Start Menu), then open your Fonts folder (it is inside the Control Panel). Now that you have your Fonts folder opened up, you will want to drag and drop your downloaded font (the .ttf file), into your Fonts folder. You can now close your Fonts folder, as your font has been successfully added to your computer.

Step 4 (Final Step) - Using Your Font:
Now you can use your downloaded font anywhere you would use a different font.
Here are some examples of places you can use your new font:
-You can use your new font in Photoshop
-You can use your new font in Paint
-You can use your new font in profile online (if you want to use the font on d2jsp, just surround your text with the following tags (ignore the word 'Code')):
Code
[FONT=font name here]text goes here[/FONT]

-And in many more places (I think you get the idea)!
:D

I hope at least one of you found this useful! :)
This guide has been brought to you by Shop.

This post was edited by Shop on May 26 2009 01:51pm
Go Back To General Help Archive Topic List
Closed New Topic New Poll