d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Low Level Dueling > The Lvl 30 Shock Charger > Another Guide By Clanbk
12Next
Add Reply New Topic
Banned
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 40%
Jan 17 2008 01:58pm
Basics

The Shock Charger is a unique character, in that it packs a punch in both physical and elemental form. You will be using Charge and Holy Shock and your main skills. I will say to begin that this is not a character you make to win tournaments. It is merely an experimental character, one to have fun with in pubs and with friends.

Stats

Strength: Enough to wear your gear and no more. Keep in mind that you might be gaining strength from your gear. Every point wasted here is a little less life for you.
Dexterity: Enough for Max Block on both weapon slots with or without using Holy Shield (explained later).
Vitality: All remaining stat points.
Energy: No.

Skills

Defensive Auras:
Prayer: 1
Resist Lightning: 19
Salvation: 1

Offensive Auras:
Might: 1
Holy Fire: 1
Holy Freeze: 1
Holy Shock: 6

Combat Skills:
Sacrifice: 1¤
Zeal: 1¤
Holy Bolt: 1*
Blessed Hammer: 1*
Smite: 1
Charge: 4-9 (See ¤ and *)
Holy Shield: 1*

¤ Skill this only if you are using an Honor Scepter without +Zeal. If you have one, skill Charge instead.
* You can choose to either skill Holy Shield or not. The upside of skilling it is you get more life since it requires less dexterity to obtain max block and more defense, the downside is that you loose ar from less dexterity and Charge Lock will cause you to rejoin game a lot.

Gear

Helm: +2 Offensive Auras 2 Socket Circlet. Try to get it with life. Socket this with 2x15 or higher max damage jewels.
Armor: 35% Resist Skin of the Vipermagi or a Spirit Shroud. Socket this with a 15 or higher max damage jewel.
Weapon: Honor Divine Scepter with +3 Holy Shock. If at all possible, get it with +Zeal and/or +Charge.
Shield: 65%ed 121 AR Spirit Akaran Rondache or Akaran Targe with a 45% Base All Resist Spirit Akaran Rondache or Akaran Targe in stash for casters.
Switch: Insight Rune Staff. The Higher the Meditation level and Damage is, the better.
Belt: +24% Faster Hit Recovery with +Life, Strength, Mana, Resists. Keep a 15% Damage Reduction String of Ears in your stash for when you need it vs. melee.
Gloves: Bloodfists.
Boots: Sander's. 100 ar and 15 stats is damn hard to turn down.
Rings: Stones of Jordan
Amulet: +2 Offensive Auras with +ar, life, res, mana, str/dex (in order of importance). I used a +2 offensive 10 fcr +19 ar +6 dex +35 life +27 mana amulet.

Charms

Max/Ar/Life Small charms. If you can't afford 40x 3/xx/xx's, it's perfectly fine to use 9x Max/Ar/Life Grand Charms also.

Pointers

-Learn when the best time to strike on each opponent is.
-Try to confuse the opponent as much as possible. If he doesn't anticipate a charge, it'll work to your advantage.
-You aren't going to kill real duelers with aura alone, so don't try. However, if you can get them in the life range of where a few aura pulses will kill them, let the aura do it and don't attack.
-Having your aura constantly on when not dueling is a nice way to piss people off, so don't do it.
-Try to avoid pinning characters against things. Knockback is your friend.
-If you don't need a shield, don't use one. Use your Insight Rune Staff, especially vs. characters like smiters, hdins, and bone necros.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 30%
Jan 17 2008 02:01pm
Did u finish this yet? nice guide
Gold: 0.04
Jan 17 2008 03:34pm
vs melee you won't even get hit so why soe in stash
Gold: 0.69
Jan 17 2008 04:24pm
Quote (majestikk @ Thu, Jan 17 2008, 01:34pm)

windy druids!
Banned
Jan 17 2008 04:42pm
Quote (majestikk @ Thu, Jan 17 2008, 04:34pm)

WW barbs
Gold: 1,941.44
Jan 17 2008 04:43pm
Quote (ClanBK @ Thu, 17 Jan 2008, 22:42)
WW barbs

Hi
Gold: 26,269.68
Jan 18 2008 09:42am
This auradin or w/e you call isn't very good, I made one with just the crap i had muled for fun and i'm pretty sure it's better

Weapon: Holy Tunder with 6 shock
Armor: Why would viper even be concidered? not like you need the res if your shield is giving you 45 >.>
Belt: You don't need FHR, you charge so use SOE all the time... the 15 MDR is better than what ever crap a rare belt can give

Skills:
Why would you zeal? you won't get enough AR unless you put on angelics too
use foh or something as an alternitive attack
Gold: 145.00
Jan 18 2008 10:13am
Quote (llDBllBobo @ Fri, Jan 18 2008, 10:42am)
This auradin or w/e you call isn't very good, I made one with just the crap i had muled for fun and i'm pretty sure it's better

Armor: Why would viper even be concidered? not like you need the res if your shield is giving you 45 >.>
Belt: You don't need FHR, you charge so use SOE all the time... the 15 MDR is better than what ever crap a rare belt can give

Skills:

lol
Gold: 0.04
Jan 18 2008 10:18am
so many useless builds
iso nec thrower plz
Banned
Jan 18 2008 01:58pm
Quote (llDBllBobo @ Fri, Jan 18 2008, 10:42am)

Skills:

This build is made to encompass both physical and elemental damage. +2 skills is not worth the amount of attack rating and physical damage that an Honor Divine gives.

Viper would be considered because you don't have resist on your main shield. Way to read.

You're right. +str, life, mana, and resists are completely useless for llders. Screw FHR belts.

You'd skill zeal as a nice alternative attack to charge. You didn't have enough AR without Angelics because you used a Holy Thunder and ignored the 250 from Honor. Sure you AR will be low, but that's why this build is made for fun.

I also don't see why you'd go with Holy Thunder for more points into Holy Shock if you're gonna sacrifice the use of SoJs and a +2 Offensive ammy for the extra +4 skills.

Finally,

"Posts: 4,225

Christ.

edit: oic ur asian

This post was edited by ClanBK on Jan 18 2008 02:02pm
Go Back To Low Level Dueling Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic