d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Low Level Dueling > Hellsarmory's Lld Singer Guide > Skills/stats/gear
Closed New Topic
Gold: 117.00
Jan 2 2008 08:40pm
HellsArmory's Guide to LLD Singer

So this was one of my first every lld builds, and by far the most fun I have made. The gear is pretty simple to obtain, and even cheap gear will work alright. I have seen many guides on another site but I didnt fully agree with any of them. So heres my take on a lvl 30 singer barb (uses warcries for those who dont know what singer is). One thing to know is that war cry is physical damage and can be blocked. Also, your damage will be low, and with no shield you will not be able to just tank. A lot of the stradegy involves running, so if you do not like this style, dont choice this build.

Stats:
Strength: enough for gear (usally around 60 cause helm/frosties will be heaviest req)
Dex: None, inless you want to go for a shield build which i think is stupid cause ur dmg will suck, and lots of other gear would have to be switched
Vit: everything else
Engery: none, you will get a decent amount of many with gear + bo

Skills:
Howl-1
Shout-1
Taunt-12
Battle Cry-13 (max this before taunt cause you will actually use it in duels)
Battle Orders-7
Battle Command-1
War Cry-1
Leap-1 (some people dont get leap, but i use it a lot in duels so screw em)
Increased stamina-1
Increased Speed-1
Iron Skin-1
Natural Resistance-1

Gear:
Helm: 2 warcries / 3 war cry, preferable extras would be +bo, life, mana
Armor: 35/13 viper with pruby or stat jewel with str and res mods
Weapons: 2 spirit cs, eth would be cooler, aim for a combined 65 fcr, high mana, and high sorb
Ammy: 2 warcries, 10 fcr are a most, other mods include, in order of importance, mana, life, res
Rings: Sojs
Belt: For melee go with 15/15 soe, for casters go with fhr/stat/life/res belt (i use a 17fhr/5str/60life/minor res belt)
Boots: either sanders for stats, or nats for res
Gloves: frosties, really only choice, cause u need lots of mana (bloodfist only aid u with life, cause fhr isnt needed cause of spirits)
Switch: insight with high med, low reqs

Cheaper alternatives: (well most of the gear is cheap neway)
Helm: could make a lore outa a +war cry helm (i currently use one of these cause i havnt found the one mentioned above yet)
Ammy: ne +1 barb, or even +1 warcries ammy with 10 fcr will work, but most have 10 fcr
Rings: could go with mana/stat rings

Charms:
The ideal charms would be 15/7 life/mana charms and some frw charms with res, a good balance would prolly be 30 life/mana and 10 frw. 15 lifers will work fine if you cant find life/mana ones because you will have decent mana already.

My build reached ~2800 life, ~1100 mana, 275 war cry dmg, max and stacked res, and i never completed the build with the helmet of choice. I think with better gear, I could reach close to 3k life, 1.3k mana, over 300 war cry dmg. Also, when i first built this i tryed having bletters on switch for ww hybrid but with this build you will have zero ar, and with no dmg gear and no dmg charms, your ww will top out at like 300 something, which will not be much more then your war cry, so fuck bletters on switch, use insight.

Dueling:
The key to the build is life and mobility. For melee chars such as ww barbs, smiters, kickers, zealers, chargers ect. you will do a lot of running. Run a little bit away, cast a few war crys and repeat. For chargers, use leap to knock them back then start casting war crys, most wont have a shield and will have poor life and fhr and will die quickly if they dont get you in a charge lock animation. For casters, I generally charge at them and try to lock them up. Most will try to tele away and will get locked. If they get out, run a little bit away, wait for them to tele near, and try to lock them again. For characters with a lot of fhr, do not try to tank them, because your dmg will be much less then theirs (against real lld). This char is also a great pub dueler, cause no1 expects it. It also utilizes a lot of magic absorb and stacked res which makes it good against casters and hammerdins. I know this isnt much stradegy, but most stradegy you need to develope on your own with practice.

Hoped you enjoyed reading, pm me questions if you ever build and have them.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Gold: 40.00
Jan 2 2008 09:16pm
15 life 12 manas is lvl 30 sc's

you mentioned lvl 18 sc's (15/7's)

I like your guide though es[ecially since you mentioned the use of leap, I think it is a rather overlooked skill.
Gold: 117.00
Jan 2 2008 10:12pm
Quote (IAmAsylum @ Wed, Jan 2 2008, 10:16pm)
15 life 12 manas is lvl 30 sc's

you mentioned lvl 18 sc's (15/7's)

I like your guide though es[ecially since you mentioned the use of leap, I think it is a rather overlooked skill.

o yeah, lol wups

edit: and now i cant edit, o well

This post was edited by HellsArmory on Jan 2 2008 10:12pm
Go Back To Low Level Dueling Topic List
Closed New Topic