d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Supreme Court Rules In Favor Of Baker
Prev123458Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 22,189.49
Jun 4 2018 10:52am
Ducked the issue of the case, ruled on circumstances
But honestly, the issue is so esoteric and narrow that almost any case would require bullshit circumstances to progress. As OTV noted, this was a plain activist setup to persecute the baker: they ambushed him in a staged victimhood against the one baker they knew has such extreme christian religious objections he wont even bake halloween cakes or celebrate divorces. They drove 120 miles past 67 bakeries, ignored a bunch of muslim bakeries that would object even worse, and spent only a couple minutes inside and only had a few words with him. Then set up a protest the next day with lawyers and media. And the states equal rights commission blew the case by being loaded with plainly prejudiced anti-christian liberal activists, which the court cited.

See what makes this case damning is that the commission and other courts had dismissed other similar setups against muslim bakers by just ruling they were harassing. Or the guy asking a gay baker to bake a leviticus cake. Those didnt progress because of selective discretion to take one set up principles as sincere and another as insincere. The activists in this case were allowed their ambush, but other gay and muslim bakers were protected.

The SCOTUS left the meat of the case unanswered and could be addressed by further decisions. But will it? Lower courts will HOPEFULLY give more scrutiny to bias and equal rights before advancing another case. It will be difficult to find a real case

This post was edited by Goomshill on Jun 4 2018 10:53am
Gold: 28,296.69
Jun 4 2018 10:53am
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Jun 4 2018 09:51am)
Theres not even a link in Op or anything. Maybe they asked to make a dick cake or something.

Anyway, sure thing is BiGoTs' CounTry is BiGoT...

"no facts posted"

strong opinion anyway about america

jsp foreigners at it again

Quote (Scaly @ Jun 4 2018 09:51am)
So they targeted a baker they thought would discriminate and that makes his discrimination ok?

Got it.

If I provide someone with the opportunity to commit a crime then if they commit it they are absolved of all blame and their crime isn't a crime. Good to know.

They considered him sincere based on some consistency in regards to other jobs he has turned down and they found the other party to be as not sincere

legally harder to argue they did wrong on this case

This post was edited by Beowulf on Jun 4 2018 10:57am
Gold: 9,509.00
Jun 4 2018 11:04am
What I’m most curious about now is what happens with the reparations that they were forced to pay and is the baker going to get any sort of reparations for having their business destroyed.
Gold: 0.00
Jun 4 2018 11:09am
Quote (Beowulf @ 4 Jun 2018 16:53)
"no facts posted"

strong opinion anyway about america

jsp foreigners at it again

They considered him sincere based on some consistency in regards to other jobs he has turned down and they found the other party to be as not sincere

legally harder to argue they did wrong on this case

So it's like I said - backwards theocracy.

I'd like to see how they handle a Protestant bakery not making cakes for say... a Mormon wedding. Or a Muslim refusing to cater a Catholic wedding.

I have sincerely held religious beliefs that preclude me from serving anyone who is a Trump voter. I just can't support that kind of lifestyle.
Jun 4 2018 11:11am
Quote (ofthevoid @ 4 Jun 2018 17:04)
What I’m most curious about now is what happens with the reparations that they were forced to pay and is the baker going to get any sort of reparations for having their business destroyed.

Lol. Reparations for having his business destroyed XD

He expressed his bigotry publicly. It's not the gay guys' fault the old fucker is a ratty homophobe.

Time for a healthy dose of victim blaming.

Shouldn't have walked into that baker's shop in that miniskirt. Just asking for it.
Jun 4 2018 11:15am
Gotta have freedom of religion chaps. If a Muslim holds the sincere belief that you all should die for your despicable libertine ways then he's totally OK to blow you all to kingdom come. We can't infringe on his sincerely held religious beliefs.

This post was edited by Scaly on Jun 4 2018 11:15am
Gold: 9,509.00
Jun 4 2018 11:18am
Lel triggered af. Poor lad
Gold: 2,094.99
Jun 4 2018 11:19am
Quote (Scaly @ Jun 4 2018 12:15pm)
Gotta have freedom of religion chaps. If a Muslim holds the sincere belief that you all should die for your despicable libertine ways then he's totally OK to blow you all to kingdom come. We can't infringe on his sincerely held religious beliefs.

I’m glad you never feel the need to not showcase your lack of intelligence
Gold: 28,296.69
Jun 4 2018 11:21am
Quote (Scaly @ Jun 4 2018 10:15am)

The irony of how you post when consistently insulting the intelligence of others that support Trump
Jun 4 2018 11:28am
Quote (Beowulf @ 4 Jun 2018 17:21)
The irony of how you post when consistently insulting the intelligence of others that support Trump

Well you feel free to tell me what the meaningful difference is? Someone commits a crime against you but it's ok because they have sincerely held religious beliefs that make them want to commit that crime. If you're so smart and I'm so dumb maybe you could point it out instead of being a condescending arse. Maybe I'll even learn something.

This post was edited by Scaly on Jun 4 2018 11:28am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123458Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll