d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Scotus Delivers Blow To Planned Parenthood > Pro-life Win
Prev13456711Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,307.69
May 30 2018 03:51pm
Quote (majorblood @ May 30 2018 05:48pm)
and at some point it could become illegal purely on the grounds of technology, right?

If a fertilized egg can survive outside the womb and grow, yes.

Doubtful that this will be the way followed by governments as the cost would be incredibly high.

This post was edited by Chainsaw47 on May 30 2018 03:52pm
Gold: 260.11
May 30 2018 04:33pm
The viability of the pregnancy is not what the current law is based on.

Quote (EndlessSky @ May 30 2018 03:00pm)
Arguments against abortion are the same as arguments against slavery. You dont have rights over another person.

What defines a person is not objective.

The closest you can get is based on levels of consciousness, in which case the fetus fails.

This post was edited by Thor123422 on May 30 2018 04:34pm
Gold: 2,617.52
May 30 2018 04:40pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ May 30 2018 06:33pm)
What defines a person is not objective.

:rofl:

I told you Democrats wont stop until cats can vote
Gold: 475.46
May 30 2018 04:48pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ May 30 2018 09:58am)
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-05-29/abortion-clinics-rejected-by-supreme-court-over-new-arkansas-law

Planned Parenthood of Arkansas & Eastern Oklahoma v. Jegley

Glad to know SCOTUS is still moderate. The challenge of the new law was blatant obstructionism.

Arkansas will hopefully be the first state to abolish the outdated practice of abortion.

Hurrah for communism! The state must control all to keep us from hurting ourselves!
Gold: 260.11
May 30 2018 04:59pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ May 30 2018 04:40pm)
:rofl:

I told you Democrats wont stop until cats can vote

I told you conservatives can't handle nuance without getting triggered.
Gold: 11,571.00
May 30 2018 05:19pm
Quote (Chainsaw47 @ May 30 2018 01:50pm)
Obviously states with more conservative values will have a lower reported rate. You can’t pinpoint it on accessibility.

On a side note, I’m assuming you’re totally okay with the drastic rise in welfare that would follow if abortion was made illegal?

Could you link your 30 year-old uncited study?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12346320

I still fail to see the logical extension between giving someone the right to live and that meaning i'm for subsidizing their existence afterwards.

I grew up during the 90s in a very depressed part of the world. No point in being too descriptive but eastern Europe after the fall of the USSR was really bad. City i grew up had the highest rate of heroin use in all of Europe at one point, there were times i went to sleep on an empty stomach. My mother could of had me aborted and cited well times are tough, i'm poor, etc, but she didn't and today i'm happy she didn't.

She gave me life and today i'm very happy to be alive. I can enjoy the many joys and fruits of life. I am happy that i exist, i am happy that i exist even though currently i wouldn't say i'm wealthy or other issues of life arise.

Ask the 80% of humanity that lives in poverty if they would rather exist in this poverty or not exist at all, what do you think their answer would be?

I fight for the rights of unborn humans that undoubtedly would want this right to life even if their whole life is miserable. 99% of abortions are performed not because of rape or incest or life threat to the mother (at least here in the US), but because we put our selfish desires and ambitions before someone that we are responsible for creating. I rather exist in poverty and hardship than not exist at all.
Gold: 500.00
May 30 2018 05:24pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ May 30 2018 06:19pm)
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12346320

I still fail to see the logical extension between giving someone the right to live and that meaning i'm for subsidizing their existence afterwards.

I grew up during the 90s in a very depressed part of the world. No point in being too descriptive but eastern Europe after the fall of the USSR was really bad. City i grew up had the highest rate of heroin use in all of Europe at one point, there were times i went to sleep on an empty stomach. My mother could of had me aborted and cited well times are tough, i'm poor, etc, but she didn't and today i'm happy she didn't.

She gave me life and today i'm very happy to be alive. I can enjoy the many joys and fruits of life. I am happy that i exist, i am happy that i exist even though currently i wouldn't say i'm wealthy or other issues of life arise.

Ask the 80% of humanity that lives in poverty if they would rather exist in this poverty or not exist at all, what do you think their answer would be?

I fight for the rights of unborn humans that undoubtedly would want this right to life even if their whole life is miserable. 99% of abortions are performed not because of rape or incest or life threat to the mother (at least here in the US), but because we put our selfish desires and ambitions before someone that we are responsible for creating. I rather exist in poverty and hardship than not exist at all.

considering these poor people can't possibly afford to pay for the burden they place on the healthcare system, my question to you is why should the birthing of such children be facilitated by my tax dollars in hospitals that were funded by money that was stolen from me at gun point by jackboot thugs?
Gold: 285.00
May 30 2018 05:26pm
https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/30/politics/federal-judge-ruling-hhs-teen-pregnancy-prevention-program/index.html

Meanwhile the Trump administration encourages unplanned teenage pregnancies.

A federal judge in Washington state ruled Tuesday that the Department of Health and Human Services had illegally ended a federal grant program aimed at curbing teen pregnancy -- the fourth federal judge to rule against the department's decision.

Washington state's King County, a recipient of one of 84 Teen Pregnancy Prevention Program grants, sued the department and Secretary Alex Azar in February. King County said the early termination of the grant -- June 2018 instead of June 2020 -- would cut $2 million in funding and "makes it impossible to complete a vital evaluation of" its sex education curriculum.
The lawsuit sought to block Azar's department from stopping the funds and "to restrain federal officials from applying an ideological bias to deny science-based projects that have been rigorously vetted and already funded by Congress," according to a news release from the time.
In his decision, US District Judge John Coughenour ruled that "HHS failed to articulate a satisfactory explanation for its decision to shorten King County's project period," saying it "exemplifies arbitrary and capricious agency action meriting reversal."

And, and the broke the law. Making them criminals.
Gold: 11,571.00
May 30 2018 05:28pm
Quote (duffman316 @ May 30 2018 04:24pm)
considering these poor people can't possibly afford to pay for the burden they place on the healthcare system, my question to you is why should the birthing of such children be facilitated by my tax dollars in hospitals that were funded by money that was stolen from me at gun point by jackboot thugs?

The libertarian gotchas don't really work on me because i'm not actually a libertarian.
Gold: 500.00
May 30 2018 05:29pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ May 30 2018 06:28pm)
The libertarian gotchas don't really work on me because i'm not actually a libertarian.

you're not oppose to universal healthcare?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev13456711Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll