d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > American Entitlement System > The Elephant In The Room
Prev12345622Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1.93
Apr 16 2018 04:47am
Quote (FGdumpster @ Apr 16 2018 09:42pm)
This isn't a 'system'; it's the lack of a system. Roads cost money, whether you pay or not. With the current system, people often drive on roads to do things that they really shouldn't be doing.

Having the most frequent users of roads pay is the fairest way to fund their maintenance. Doing so would encourage car pooling, efficient trip planning, and significantly decrease traffic.

As if people know what they want.

You really do not understand this liberty thing you are always talking about do you?
Gold: 945.00
Apr 16 2018 04:49am
Quote (FGdumpster @ Apr 16 2018 11:42am)
This isn't a 'system'; it's the lack of a system. Roads cost money, whether you pay or not. With the current system, people often drive on roads to do things that they really shouldn't be doing.

Having the most frequent users of roads pay is the fairest way to fund their maintenance. Doing so would encourage car pooling, efficient trip planning, and significantly decrease traffic.

We can restructure a payment for the use of roads. I'm actually for that argument, (would even do it to include an emission tax on traveling as well). It's somewhat problematic to achieve it, without congestion at toll ports (paying for every single road at a port is annoying like hell) or without giving up privacy by more advanced systems.
Gold: 3.33
Apr 16 2018 04:50am
Quote (Plaguefear @ Apr 16 2018 04:47am)
You really do not understand this liberty thing you are always talking about do you?

That road was built and is maintained by someone else's production (tax dollars). Why should you or anyone else be entitled to their production? By your logic, slavery increased liberty by giving slaveholders more free time.
Gold: 1.93
Apr 16 2018 04:51am
Quote (FGdumpster @ Apr 16 2018 09:50pm)
That road was built and is maintained by someone else's production (tax dollars). Why should you or anyone else be entitled to their production? By your logic, slavery increased liberty by giving slaveholders more free time.

Society is a pretty well detailed concept at this point, i am not going to explain the benefits to you, your system can be found in plenty of third world countries.
Toll roads impede freedom and privacy.
Also, i am a tax payer, it is my road.

This post was edited by Plaguefear on Apr 16 2018 04:52am
Gold: 285.00
Apr 16 2018 04:52am
Quote (FGdumpster @ Apr 16 2018 05:50am)

We don't have forced residency. You just can't decide to break the social contract for everyone else. That level of entitlement is off the charts.

Nobody is stopping you from going full Walden.

This post was edited by Skinned on Apr 16 2018 04:54am
Apr 16 2018 04:56am
Quote (Plaguefear @ Apr 16 2018 04:51am)
Society is a pretty well detailed concept at this point, i am not going to explain the benefits to you, your system can be found in plenty of third world countries.
Toll roads impede freedom and privacy.

There is no country that embodies this model. Even if the government builds the roads, they should be paid for on a progressive system by those that use them the most.

If people are unwilling to pay enough for the construction or maintenance of the roads then the cost to build them is greater than the benefit they provide to their users.

Quote (Skinned @ Apr 16 2018 04:52am)
We don't have forced residency. You just can't decide to break the social contract for everyone else. That level of entitlement is off the charts.

Nobody is stopping you from going full Walden.

Oh yeah and where is someone to go if they disagree with the fundamental way this system functions? Antartica?

The social contract is a euphemism for systemic slavery. I never signed a contract with society. I can't break that which I never signed.

This post was edited by FGdumpster on Apr 16 2018 05:02am
Apr 16 2018 04:58am
Quote (FGdumpster @ Apr 16 2018 05:56am)
There is no country that embodies this model. Even if the government builds the roads, they should be paid for on a progressive system by those that use them the most.

If people are unwilling to pay enough for the construction or maintenance of the roads then the cost to build them is greater than the benefit they provide to their users.

The American Highways have been made by guys who have been dead for about two generations.

And no slaves were forced to make it, unless you count stealing the worker's surplus labor as theft, which the capitalist calls profit and keeps.

This post was edited by Skinned on Apr 16 2018 04:59am
Apr 16 2018 05:06am
Quote (Skinned @ Apr 16 2018 04:58am)
The American Highways have been made by guys who have been dead for about two generations.

And no slaves were forced to make it, unless you count stealing the worker's surplus labor as theft, which the capitalist calls profit and keeps.

The capitalist enlists the worker in a tangible, mutual contract, unlike the 'social contract' which takes your 'surplus' labor by gunpoint.

Furthermore, the capitalist's capacity to make profit (their capital) is insured (as private property) by the same government that taxes the worker that the corporation pays.

Accumulated capital, private property, and taxes on worker's production all originate with the great enslaver, government.

This post was edited by FGdumpster on Apr 16 2018 05:15am
Gold: 945.00
Apr 16 2018 05:06am
Quote (FGdumpster @ Apr 16 2018 11:56am)

No country goes to the extremes you define here. Because a country would incapacitate itself to do infrastructure planning, avoiding problems in the near future.
Apr 16 2018 05:15am
Quote (FGdumpster @ Apr 16 2018 05:56am)

Oh yeah and where is someone to go if they disagree with the fundamental way this system functions? Antartica?

The social contract is a euphemism for systemic slavery. I never signed a contract with society. I can't break that which I never signed.

Social Contract is the Constitution.

And plenty of people do not pay taxes and live completely free. You just want the high quality of living you get from the safety and enhanced economic trade facilitated by society.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12345622Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll