d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Solo: A Star Wars Story
Prev123416Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Apr 10 2018 07:42am
Quote (EmericAn @ Apr 9 2018 01:57pm)
You didn’t like Rogue One? That was better than the other remakes. Force Awakens is watchable but Last Jedi is a one and done watch for me

I thought Rogue One was the worst of the bucnh so far. I still can't understand why people like it so much. Just bored the shit out of me from start to finish.
Gold: 39,837.69
Apr 10 2018 09:54am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Apr 10 2018 08:42am)
I thought Rogue One was the worst of the bucnh so far. I still can't understand why people like it so much. Just bored the shit out of me from start to finish.

Interesting
Gold: 4.37
Apr 10 2018 11:26am
Quote (EmericAn @ Apr 10 2018 03:54pm)
Interesting

It is interesting, I found it to be the best of the three.
Apr 10 2018 11:43am
Quote (stupidkid282 @ Apr 10 2018 09:26am)
It is interesting, I found it to be the best of the three.

Most people did, I just don't get it. I found the characters painfully bland, I thought the story was boring and I just wanted them to hurry up and die already about 40 minutes into the movie. TFA at least entertained me here and there, same with TLJ. TLJ was laughably fucking bad at some parts, but I at least had some interest in the characters and what they were doing, even though it ended up having one of the worst endings, if not the worst, of any SW movie ever, I did kinda care and then they shit the bed lol.
Gold: 10,025.00
Apr 10 2018 11:52am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Apr 10 2018 10:43am)
Most people did, I just don't get it. I found the characters painfully bland, I thought the story was boring and I just wanted them to hurry up and die already about 40 minutes into the movie. TFA at least entertained me here and there, same with TLJ. TLJ was laughably fucking bad at some parts, but I at least had some interest in the characters and what they were doing, even though it ended up having one of the worst endings, if not the worst, of any SW movie ever, I did kinda care and then they shit the bed lol.

I've yet to see a proper argument for why tlj is a bad movie. Most people essentially just say "boohoo they did things they wanted to do rather than the things I've spent 2 years speculating on, they should have done it my way".

I'll agree though that rogue one was pretty bad and boring. They tried doing too much at once so they failed at everything. They should have kept it more focused.
Apr 10 2018 12:19pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Apr 10 2018 09:52am)
I've yet to see a proper argument for why tlj is a bad movie. Most people essentially just say "boohoo they did things they wanted to do rather than the things I've spent 2 years speculating on, they should have done it my way".

I'll agree though that rogue one was pretty bad and boring. They tried doing too much at once so they failed at everything. They should have kept it more focused.

I could go back through and find my reasoning as to why it was a bad movie, but you'd just say I didn't like the way they did things, when I point out that over half the movie focused around something that was completely fucking pointless and actually harmful to the overall mission and forced a bullshit romance. I've got loads of complaints aside from them shitting the bed with the whole snoke/luke thing, but those poor choices (that being a personal opinion) added to all the things that were just fucking terrible (Leia floating through space, disappearing dice, snoke being mentally retarded etc...) made it a meh movie. Still better than Rouge One, but not by much. TFA was the best of the bunch and it was okay/close to good, TLJ second with a straight meh, and Rouge One was a kill me now movie.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Apr 10 2018 12:25pm
Gold: 10,025.00
Apr 10 2018 12:38pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Apr 10 2018 11:19am)
I could go back through and find my reasoning as to why it was a bad movie, but you'd just say I didn't like the way they did things, when I point out that over half the movie focused around something that was completely fucking pointless and actually harmful to the overall mission and a forced bullshit romance. I've got loads of complaints aside from them shitting the bed with the whole snoke/luke thing, but those poor choices (that being a personal opinion) added to all the things that were just fucking terrible (Leia floating through space, disappearing dice, snoke being mentally retarded etc...) made it a meh movie. Still better than Rouge One, but not by much. TFA was the best of the bunch and it was okay/close to good, TLJ second with a straight meh, and Rouge One was a kill me now movie.

I'd have to disagree with that completely. That is one of the bigger complaints I see people talk about that I really don't understand. Poe trying to find a way to find a way out of the situation without talking to the higher ups is 100% the way his character should have acted in that situation. It doesn't end up working overall but it still plays an important role in the movie. It provides poe with much needed character development, he wouldn't have had anywhere near the same kind of development if he just sat back and trusted the person who took over for Leia and then went "good plan" when she finally told everyone what was going on, not to mention that would have been completely paradoxical for his character.

Also it failed, and that was the point, putting the rebels at their lowest so they can rise later. Plus it didn't completely fail as they managed to inspire people. That might not play an actual role in any of the movies, which I could understand calling it a waste of time to have in the movie... But this isn't a normal movie. Star Wars is a universe building series, so everything that happened, while it may not be revisited in the movies, you can definitely extrapolate it's effect on the universe.

The whole Luke thing is your own personal bias (that many people share) because of legends. Honestly I never liked the entire "Luke trained for 3 months and became the best jedi ever" bullshit that legends pushed. Tlj Luke feels a lot more like what would actually happen to a real person imo.

Snoke was kind of lame but I mean it fits the theme the movie had going for Kylo, also I'm not sure if they are done with him or not.

This post was edited by Blah58 on Apr 10 2018 12:39pm
Apr 10 2018 01:04pm
I still think he could be Darth Plaguis and he could be coming back. That's about the only way they could save what was just a terrible done character. If he's not still alive/able to revive himself, it makes NO sense for him to have survived this long because his sensitivty to the force was so insanely strong that he could mask himself entirely from the most powerful sith/jedi in the galaxy for decades without detection, but he's unable to sense animosity towards him in his own fucking apprentice? That's a shit job, no way around it lol. If he's alive and he can revive himself, his arrogance and worry over his own life could be something he's not all that worried about (at least not in a light-saber situation), and it would make him lowering his defenses that much feasible.

The thing with you liking or feeling the Poe story was necessary is the same as me feeling it was shit. All they did was get half of the rebels killed by acting like stupid children. The rebels would have landed unnoticed had they never boarded the enemy ship and had Benicio Del Toro's character not been there to tell them about the plan and about them escaping lol. I'm not sure how a solider following orders, who questioned orders once in his life after some haggard shit is considered paradoxical for his character... logically it's the exact opposite of that lol. Why does he need development? Who gives a shit. Everything he did in the movie was pointless, you can argue with me if you want and say it wasn't pointless because he needs to be developed, but if you take out your feelings (which are you saying that), and you look at what he did in the movie and what his actions led to, his actions were completely pointless and all they did was get people killed. Rey/Ren would have still killed snoke, Rey would have dipped down to where the Republic was after contacting them, Ren would have followed and everything would have been the same. It was fucking pointless.

Luke was just a bad character. His acting was weak (as per usual), his actions/motives etc.. all felt forced and like bullshit. The epitome of good in the universe is overcome by seeing some darkness in one of his apprentices and because of a single mistake he goes into exile and hides for the remainder of his life, rather than trying to fix his mistake? This is a personal opinion, and you can disagree with it, but it's how it felt to me and it just made the rest of an already weak movie feel even weaker.

Those things + Leia floating through space, forced romances between pointless characters so they can most likely kill the girl next movie for dramatic effect, disappearing dice and the best hacker/escape artist in the galaxy chilling in a random cell with NO ONE in it, when he could escape at any point for plot building was all just fucking terrible and stupid.
Gold: 0.70
Warn: 50%
Apr 10 2018 01:22pm
No Harrison Ford?
Apr 10 2018 01:25pm
Quote (D_urRRR @ Apr 10 2018 11:22am)
No Harrison Ford?

He could have a cameo spot, but I doubt it. He hates SW. I wouldn't be surprised if he refused to do the movie outright (TFA) and then they rewrote it to kill him off and offered him a dumptruck full of money and then he agreed,

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Apr 10 2018 01:25pm
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev123416Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll