d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Solo: A Star Wars Story
Prev1234516Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10,025.00
Apr 10 2018 02:26pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Apr 10 2018 12:04pm)
I still think he could be Darth Plaguis and he could be coming back. That's about the only way they could save what was just a terrible done character. If he's not still alive/able to revive himself, it makes NO sense for him to have survived this long because his sensitivty to the force was so insanely strong that he could mask himself entirely from the most powerful sith/jedi in the galaxy for decades without detection, but he's unable to sense animosity towards him in his own fucking apprentice? That's a shit job, no way around it lol. If he's alive and he can revive himself, his arrogance and worry over his own life could be something he's not all that worried about (at least not in a light-saber situation), and it would make him lowering his defenses that much feasible.

The thing with you liking or feeling the Poe story was necessary is the same as me feeling it was shit. All they did was get half of the rebels killed by acting like stupid children. The rebels would have landed unnoticed had they never boarded the enemy ship and had Benicio Del Toro's character not been there to tell them about the plan and about them escaping lol. I'm not sure how a solider following orders, who questioned orders once in his life after some haggard shit is considered paradoxical for his character... logically it's the exact opposite of that lol. Why does he need development? Who gives a shit. Everything he did in the movie was pointless, you can argue with me if you want and say it wasn't pointless because he needs to be developed, but if you take out your feelings (which are you saying that), and you look at what he did in the movie and what his actions led to, his actions were completely pointless and all they did was get people killed. Rey/Ren would have still killed snoke, Rey would have dipped down to where the Republic was after contacting them, Ren would have followed and everything would have been the same. It was fucking pointless.

Luke was just a bad character. His acting was weak (as per usual), his actions/motives etc.. all felt forced and like bullshit. The epitome of good in the universe is overcome by seeing some darkness in one of his apprentices and because of a single mistake he goes into exile and hides for the remainder of his life, rather than trying to fix his mistake? This is a personal opinion, and you can disagree with it, but it's how it felt to me and it just made the rest of an already weak movie feel even weaker.

Those things + Leia floating through space, forced romances between pointless characters so they can most likely kill the girl next movie for dramatic effect, disappearing dice and the best hacker/escape artist in the galaxy chilling in a random cell with NO ONE in it, when he could escape at any point for plot building was all just fucking terrible and stupid.

Poe clearly has an issue with authority, he barges into rooms with the higher ups and interrupts them, he ignores orders and does his own thing. He clearly has a penchant for doing it considering Leia's reaction. Unlike the guy in rogue one, poe isn't really a "follow orders no matter what" soldier. You can't say he is a soldier so following orders fits his character, because that isn't he character. He is a rebel, soldier is his role not his character (as demonstrated in his previous scenes). I am not even sure if you could call him a soldier, he is like a scrappy... He is essentially Han. As for requiring character development... What other fucking purpose is there? Why bother making a movie focused on characters if not to see them develop?

As for "the epitome of good in the universe" like I said before, fucking what? Seriously Luke clearly displayed dark side traits in the original trilogy, but because he overcame the emperor (sort of, really he just didn't die) he is seen as this mythical creature of immense power, which really makes no sense. Plus in case you missed it, he clearly thought letting the Jedi die and the Galaxy forget about the force was the best thing to do. He wasn't in exile rather than fixing his mistake, in his mind his exile was the fix.

People really need to get over the Leia space scene. I mean yes it was visually really stupid, but I mean she is force sensitive so it does make sense in context.
Gold: 63,142.89
Apr 10 2018 02:53pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Apr 9 2018 04:26pm)
I would consider myself a pretty big Star Wars fan and a Glover fan, but I couldn't care less about this movie. I wish they would fucking get away from this entire era. Like make a trilogy based in the Old Republic or something.

Admiral Thrawn
Gold: 3,375.01
Apr 10 2018 04:05pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Apr 10 2018 10:52am)
I've yet to see a proper argument for why tlj is a bad movie. Most people essentially just say "boohoo they did things they wanted to do rather than the things I've spent 2 years speculating on, they should have done it my way".

I'll agree though that rogue one was pretty bad and boring. They tried doing too much at once so they failed at everything. They should have kept it more focused.

Poor writing, little to no character development, plot holes galore.
Gold: 10,025.00
Apr 10 2018 04:22pm
Quote (dirTyMan @ Apr 10 2018 03:05pm)
Poor writing, little to no character development, plot holes galore.

Cool. Making a post saying words without any examples or evidence. Not a waste of time at all.

Explain 8 plot holes. I mean "plot holes galore" so 8 should be easy.
Gold: 8,732.50
Apr 10 2018 04:51pm
I mean if leia can survive space and go superman,
i expect han solo to turn into super saiyan ultra instinct in this movie
Gold: 8,355.04
Apr 12 2018 02:40pm
Quote (Secksii @ Apr 10 2018 06:51pm)
I mean if leia can survive space and go superman,
i expect han solo to turn into super saiyan ultra instinct in this movie

If this happens maybe he'll time travel and fight superman leia to give a definite answer to the question
Gold: 39,837.69
May 25 2018 10:44am
I’m in the theater right now waiting for it to start. 27 minutes until it kicks off. I will report back upon the movies conclusion
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
May 25 2018 10:55am
Quote (EmericAn @ May 25 2018 09:44am)
I’m in the theater right now waiting for it to start. 27 minutes until it kicks off. I will report back upon the movies conclusion

It's going to be terrible. Let us know though, I am curious.

e: I wonder when Hollywood will finally come to terms with Emilia Clarke being a terrible actress. She must suck some good dick or something to have gotten as far as she has.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on May 25 2018 10:56am
Gold: 2,094.99
May 25 2018 10:57am
I had tickets to see this last night but decided to stay home & watch the rockets get the W

Worth it
Gold: 0.00
May 25 2018 11:24am
SJW's shat out anothe Trash Movie
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev1234516Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll