d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Solo: A Star Wars Story
Prev1141516
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4.37
Jun 4 2018 05:06pm
Quote (EmericAn @ Jun 4 2018 03:54pm)
Actor for Han is horrible, the story is pretty boring and simple, so many damn love stories again including man and robot. There’s really nothing going on. There’s so much more that could have been, to really improve the movie.

They finally reveal the infamous Kessel Run, it’s dumb as fuck.

I can barely remember it, that’s how lack luster the entire thing was.

I thought Alden did a pretty good job.....cocky, ambitious, but selfish.

Star Wars has always had love stories.......

I won't comment on the actually movie plot since I don't know where they will go with this, but as an introduction to his character, I had no issues with it. Though, Star Wars without the force and lightsabers is.......different.
Gold: 10,025.00
Jun 4 2018 05:37pm
Quote (stupidkid282 @ Jun 4 2018 04:06pm)
I thought Alden did a pretty good job.....cocky, ambitious, but selfish.

Star Wars has always had love stories.......

I won't comment on the actually movie plot since I don't know where they will go with this, but as an introduction to his character, I had no issues with it. Though, Star Wars without the force and lightsabers is.......different.

Alden didn't really do a good job but it isn't his fault. He was basically told in every scene to not talk or look at anything. The movie wasn't good, and saying it's ok it wasn't good because it is setting up another movie to be good is absurd. Remember when movies used to just be good and then being good is what made people want sequels? Those were fun times...
Gold: 4.37
Jun 4 2018 05:46pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Jun 4 2018 11:37pm)
Alden didn't really do a good job but it isn't his fault. He was basically told in every scene to not talk or look at anything. The movie wasn't good, and saying it's ok it wasn't good because it is setting up another movie to be good is absurd. Remember when movies used to just be good and then being good is what made people want sequels? Those were fun times...

You misunderstood. I enjoyed the movie, but it still leaves me curious on what they are going to do.

Calling it bland and boring is okay, but what did you want in the moviie that was missing? That’s where the real conversation starts.
Jun 4 2018 06:16pm
Quote (stupidkid282 @ Jun 4 2018 04:46pm)
You misunderstood. I enjoyed the movie, but it still leaves me curious on what they are going to do.

Calling it bland and boring is okay, but what did you want in the moviie that was missing? That’s where the real conversation starts.

Well I just didn't like any aspect of it. Like first off the tone was all over the place. The reshoots and rewrites were so fucking obvious. Like the script felt like it was written by a bunch of different teams and then not properly edited. So tonally it was just a mess.

Then there is the issue of we know what happens. You can't really change anything that is canon so you can't really make a dramatic movie, you have to like... Make it more character driven, but so the character interactions in Solo were so fucking boring and surface level.

Everything we already know that they try to explain is just so bad. Like the way they named him Solo was just so stupid. Or like the kessel run. Can we please just have someone from Lucasfilm come out and say that George is an idiot who misunderstood what a parsec was when he wrote the original trilogy? But now, instead they double down on the stupid and try to make it make sense. But I mean if the kessel run actually went the way the movie showed and everyone is impressed by it, why the fuck would the events as shown make the ship legendary and not the pilot.. Who actually you know...navigated the area of space deemed unnavigateable?

There are just so many issues with trying to make movies based on these iconic characters. Like I said I don't really blame the writers, they have an impossible task of trying to make a good script while fishing so this canon shit and putting up with the studio.

Go make movies about a different era where you can literally to any story you want. Or if you have to stick to this era for some fucking reason then use lesser or unknown characters.

A maul movie could be great, an obi movie will be trash. Solo2 will be trash.

This post was edited by Blah58 on Jun 4 2018 06:16pm
Gold: 107.77
Jun 4 2018 08:55pm
I liked the part where he was in the Empire....shame they glossed over that part. Showed none of his training and only a tiny bit of one battle on the Empire's side.
Jun 4 2018 09:26pm
Quote (MSX98 @ Jun 4 2018 07:55pm)
I liked the part where he was in the Empire....shame they glossed over that part. Showed none of his training and only a tiny bit of one battle on the Empire's side.

Would have been such a better movie.

Keep the start of the movie the same, have him join the Empire.

Show him in pilot training and hijinks. Eventually getting booted to ground soldier and getting thrown in the pit with Chewie. End the movie with him escaping with Chewie and Woodys crew.

Make movie 2 about the heist so you can actually spend time on the characters instead of wasting 20 minutes of the movie on the characters just to immediately kill them off. Have an oceans vibe to movie 2 where it is heavily character driven and focused on the heist. Introduce Lando in that movie.

Would have been a lot better.

This post was edited by Blah58 on Jun 4 2018 09:27pm
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev1141516
Add Reply New Topic New Poll