d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Lagball Fastbear
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 22.00
Warn: 20%
Feb 16 2018 06:21pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Feb 16 2018 04:13pm)
also this build needs a real name
any suggestions

Beargeddon

Trollageddon

Armageddon Bear of the Troll
Gold: 107.77
Feb 16 2018 09:27pm
Very Fast Bear Running At Incredible Hihg Speed
Gold: 0.00
Feb 17 2018 02:45am
Quote (Goomshill @ Feb 12 2018 05:01pm)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gq3JIYPOZBo

Okay the video quality and trial overlay leaves some to be desired, but this should show what is seen on player vs enemies: The usual WSG stutter-walking and teleporting, with further distances using more %FRW from harmony of course.
Looking very closely frame by frame its apparent that the armageddon rocks are falling at the same locations, so they lead the bear a bit, its not visually clear enough to be a give-away since the rocks are delayed and have no way to z-scaling, so dodging armageddon is always rather tricky even if you can actually see what's going on, you can't tell where the rocks are going to collide even once you see them. But the WSG is as expected.

so I have to wonder build-wise whether there's any real point to having str glitched desync FRW when you're WSGing 100% of the time anyway, given the stutterstep is going to reduce your visual movement by such a huge amount anyway. str glitched boots or enigma or anything, on any such build, does it really matter if you're slamming W as fast as you can?

Not sure exactly what you meant with the last part? Weapon switching doesn’t contribute to desynch unless your two sets have different FRW. Str Bugged Enigma/Boots are definitely going to contribute to desynch and you only need to WSG to avoid hit recovery.
Gold: 22,189.49
Feb 17 2018 10:07am
Quote (LucAA @ Feb 17 2018 02:45am)
Not sure exactly what you meant with the last part? Weapon switching doesn’t contribute to desynch unless your two sets have different FRW. Str Bugged Enigma/Boots are definitely going to contribute to desynch and you only need to WSG to avoid hit recovery.

WSG contributes to desync by making you stop moving briefly on other clients even though you're actually moving at full speed.
I mean, just look at the video- if you're WSGing fast enough, you're basically not moving at all on the other player's screens, so I'm questioning how useful desynced %frw is in such a scenario

you can see it more clearly with the trangs fastnec, just because it wasn't filmed with a toaster, and WSG on trangs uses the fire animation;

so I'm questioning, whats the point of str glitched / charms %FRW desync if you're abusing WSG. It could slow down those brief stuttersteps a little bit more, but that's negligible.
I mean it wouldn't hurt, if you could build for it with no sacrifices, but no reason to sacrifice for it.
Feb 27 2018 07:23pm
Im impressed that even this late in ladder I'm still killing most people in one hit. But the list of impossible duels is pretty long. Zons, blizz sorcs, fohers, any good sin, any necro who bms with prison. A lot of ranged builds like fireball are in an odd place where they really struggle to kill you due to needing to land two consecutive random shots you can dodge, and are unable to kill you with chainstomps, but as long as they play defensively you can never hit nor approach them safely. You can only kill them if they try to kill you, so at best its a stalemate, and its very dangerous to unshift. Also against ES its totally hopeless, even a 21k -95% geddon that normally OHKOs a paladin will deal only 2700 mana in damage (and 350 or so HP)
May 15 2018 12:44am
I wanna bump this to say I got to take it into TvT today with surprisingly good results. Indiscriminate geddon that people can't safely stack against and WSG everywhere you go with 1 hit protection is a good mix for pooping on hammerdins/barbs/sorcs, and held decently against a windy. I think it woulda been totally useless if the enemy team had a zon though, it would prevent being able to wsg through their lines and that means doing nothing but sitting idle 5 screens away until the zon dies
Gold: 6,586.00
May 15 2018 01:42am
Quote (Goomshill @ 13 Feb 2018 00:01)
if you're slamming W as fast as you can?

isn't better to hotkey weapon switch on mouse scroll? unless you have autorepeat on keyboard i find it better for WSG
May 15 2018 01:47am
Quote (attila @ May 15 2018 01:42am)
isn't better to hotkey weapon switch on mouse scroll? unless you have autorepeat on keyboard i find it better for WSG

hrmm depends on what kind of mouse/keyboard you have I suppose
for me to scroll my mouse I have to lift my index finger so no left-click to move, and I have to constantly lift and reposition my finger as I scroll as far as I can in a direction, but you can bind it to both up and down so maybe that's not necessary. But moving from left button to mouse is a problem. That said, you'd really want to have a toggle on/off autorepeat for spamming W if you cared enough.
Gold: 22,612.50
May 15 2018 04:14am
Quote (Goomshill @ Feb 17 2018 10:13am)
also this build needs a real name
any suggestions

What's wrong with lagball fastbear?

You just need to commit to it :thumbsup:
Gold: 6,586.00
May 15 2018 04:58am
Quote (Goomshill @ 15 May 2018 09:47)
hrmm depends on what kind of mouse/keyboard you have I suppose
for me to scroll my mouse I have to lift my index finger so no left-click to move, and I have to constantly lift and reposition my finger as I scroll as far as I can in a direction, but you can bind it to both up and down so maybe that's not necessary. But moving from left button to mouse is a problem. That said, you'd really want to have a toggle on/off autorepeat for spamming W if you cared enough.

while i also use index finger in general for scroll, in this case i use medium finger in order to keep left and right click always under control but w/e ^^

Quote (draftw3dr @ 15 May 2018 12:14)
What's wrong with lagball fastbear?

You just need to commit to it :thumbsup:

i also like the name
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll