d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Lagball Fastbear
1236Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 22,189.49
Feb 6 2018 04:56am
So I've finally tried making a gimmick build I had tossed around for a while, on ESCL, and its been pleasantly successful in that I can actually kill people which is more than I was expecting
As long as I went through the effort, I figured I should present the lagball fastbear build:

Skills/Stats:
  • 20 Armageddon
  • 20 Volcano
  • 20 Molten Boulder
  • 20 Firestorm
  • 1 Oak, Werewolf, Werebear, Lycanthropy
  • Rest fissure (maxed at 98)
  • Strength for gear, rest vitality, no block

Gear:
  • Swap 1: 6x fire facet crystal sword, 4x fire facet monarch
  • Swap 2: 6x fire facet crystal sword, 4x fire facet monarch (yes, two sets)
  • 4x fire facet lightweight armor
  • Ravenlore (fire facet)
  • +3 elemental magic amulet (ideally teleport charges)
  • SoJ or BK + Ravenfrost
  • Magefist
  • Arachs
  • magic Mirrored Boots of Acceleration (the only 40% frw str glitchable with monarch easily, these are shoppable at hell halbu but insanely hard to spawn from him, but have 1/26 chance per pgem reroll)
  • 9x FRW elemental grand charms
  • 10x FRW small charms
  • Torch/anni

Stashed swap stuff optional:
  • Cta/spirit for pre-bo
  • 2x Harmony bows for higher frw lower damage setup
  • 4x death facet armor (one of each)
  • enigma for being a shitty fire druid
  • an extra SoJ or BK ring for matchups with no cold damage
  • tgods for negating holy shock kills from FOHer, though it probably won't be enough anyway

The premise is very simple: You do nothing but WSG around with as much strength glitched FRW as possible, raining random desynced armageddons down on people. The only survivability is WSG and 1 hit wereform protection. With the setup above, in the max damage situation (prebuff and 2x soj), it hits for a neat 21.4k fire + 415 physical damage with -95% enemy fire resistance. If someone is at just 75% unstacked fire resist and 50% dr, it will hit for about 4400 HP in damage on average. Even if they're stacking resists ~20 deep its still 3650+ damage, and if they're no resists at all its going to one-shot anyone with 7300 damage. For crappy ladder gear, I've had no problem one-shotting a lot of people and 2-shotting the rest.
That setup also manages 133% frw actual and 0% displayed, while allowing you to WSG around with full damage on both sides. That's the important trick here since if you're WSGing nonstop, you have no way to control which side you'll be on when your rocks actually connect. My understanding of geddon is that like TS or other skills, its skill level is set when cast and could be prebuffed, but the short duration means you can't stash it, and using +skills on swap would hamper you. If you had something nutty like swapping hel'd ethereal earth shifter/enigma/+6 pelt and then using facet gear, I think it could hit up to 29k fire, but its not practical.

Anyway so far I don't think its been as good as a trangs fastnec, but it wasn't shabby for a gimmick build. Fastnecs have significant advantages in desyncing more, moving faster, maintaining 75% block, having a bunch of utility and being cheap to build and needing low levels, but they also had a tactical problem in that I often died during the backswing of a poison nova I failed to cancel, because too many duels I was put into situations where I'm mostly immortal while WSGing, and could kill someone with poison nova in 1 hit, but stopping to cast it meant dying before they did. Common against paladins whether charging or stomping with hammers. Well the fastbear clearly isn't as magically survivable through desync alone, I can't let a paladin indefinitely charge me around blood moor without ever connecting, but the upside is geddon is passively in effect, and wereform provides a bit more survivability between the HP and one-hit protection. Its much harder to actually threaten people, and killing them is up to an unforgiving RNG, but it does hit, and in ladder when everyone dies in 1 hit, its working more than I expected. Poison has the upside in that poison nova is strong enough to OHKO without going all-in on damage, everyone neglects their PLR and the -resists is more than people willingly stack poison. Fire is still pretty handy in that people only stack cold/lightning, but for people with already max resists, kiras alone can hedge against it, and if its fully negated to keep them at 75%, its just ~1000 hp per geddon

The optimal stats would look something like this in hero editor, and even if it could 'max' resists with rare boots instead I would never put in the mad investment of 3/5 scs on a char who can't stack resists anyway, and just plan to die in 1-2 hits to most stuff and plan on not getting hit:

This post was edited by Goomshill on Feb 6 2018 05:20am
Gold: 397.00
Warn: 60%
Feb 6 2018 05:33am
Lol ^^ That would raise a few eyebrows in the pvp scene ^^ Funny stuff!
Gold: 21,560.00
Feb 6 2018 06:08am
Gg would recommend
Gold: 6,586.00
Feb 6 2018 07:37am
nice :rofl:
Gold: 2,140.00
Feb 6 2018 08:44pm
Awesome stuff here
Gold: 12,245.00
Feb 6 2018 08:48pm
:thumbsup: :rofl:
Feb 6 2018 11:38pm
One thing I could use a hand with if anyone is on ESCL is to capture some video of it syncing around so I could study how armageddon works with desync and compare the syncing of normal wsg vs normal/vigor vs vigor/vigor vs trangs. My problem is that even though I have the char and can record video, I'm the one person who can't see the sync happening, but people in dueling games definitely comment on it all the time. So if anyone has obs or camtasia or shitty fraps demo or whatever, should give that a whir.
Gold: 0.00
Feb 7 2018 07:38am
Quote (Goomshill @ 7 Feb 2018 05:38)
One thing I could use a hand with if anyone is on ESCL is to capture some video of it syncing around so I could study how armageddon works with desync and compare the syncing of normal wsg vs normal/vigor vs vigor/vigor vs trangs. My problem is that even though I have the char and can record video, I'm the one person who can't see the sync happening, but people in dueling games definitely comment on it all the time. So if anyone has obs or camtasia or shitty fraps demo or whatever, should give that a whir.

I didn't realise you were on EU, I wonder if our paths ever crossed?
Feb 7 2018 07:47am
Quote (testic @ Feb 7 2018 07:38am)
I didn't realise you were on EU, I wonder if our paths ever crossed?

*east softcore ladder
Gold: 0.00
Feb 7 2018 12:10pm
Quote (Goomshill @ 7 Feb 2018 13:47)
*east softcore ladder

Time for me to visit the optician!
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
1236Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll