d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Racism Destroyed In One Minute
Prev123458Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3.33
Feb 3 2018 06:09pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Feb 3 2018 11:39pm)
dot or feather

if you got the joke you'd know which
Gold: 3.33
Feb 4 2018 06:52am
Racism doesn't make sense. Why hate someone for being inferior?
Gold: 288,810.50
Feb 4 2018 09:48am
Quote (WeAwait @ Feb 4 2018 08:52am)

because the size of the penis
Gold: 285.00
Feb 4 2018 10:10am
Quote (WeAwait @ Feb 4 2018 07:52am)

They're not really inferior and racism is a result of false consciousness through ideological commitments.

Deep down these people know they are liars and that they are not even truthful with themselves. But it is a piece of false pride to hang onto when one has no real accomplishments demonstrating quality or self-efficacy.

IMO

This post was edited by Skinned on Feb 4 2018 10:15am
Gold: 1.00
Warn: 10%
Feb 4 2018 10:15am
Quote (Skinned @ Feb 4 2018 12:10pm)
They're not really inferior and racism is a result of false consciousness through ideological commitments.

Deep down these people know they are liars and that they are not even truthful with themselves. But it is a piece of false pride to hang onto when one has no real accomplishments demonstrating quality or self-effacy.

IMO

Truth. A child is born as a child. It is no less and no better. The heart beats the same. How you view the child is the only thing that changes.

Upbringing, culture, values, economic situation, all might impact the turnout. But when the child comes into the world it's not different.

This post was edited by SBD on Feb 4 2018 10:16am
Gold: 49,142.00
Feb 4 2018 10:16am
I get what she's saying and I agree that racism is bad, but there are definitely distinct races within the human species. Difference between races goes a lot deeper than "pigment of skin".

Shitty overidealized comments like this in classrooms is why anyone with a brain doesn't trust public school teachers anymore.
Feb 4 2018 10:17am
Quote (SBD @ Feb 4 2018 09:15am)
Truth. A child is born as a child. It is no less and no better. The heart beats the same. How you view the child is the only thing that changes.

Upbringing, culture, values, economic situation, all might impact the turnout. But when the child comes into the world it's not different.

Genetics says otherwise
Feb 4 2018 10:20am
Quote (ssdrmstre @ Feb 4 2018 11:16am)
I get what she's saying and I agree that racism is bad, but there are definitely distinct races within the human species. Difference between races goes a lot deeper than "pigment of skin".

Shitty overidealized comments like this in classrooms is why anyone with a brain doesn't trust public school teachers anymore.

Skin color is one phenotype among many within the same species. Its like having a widows peak or brown eyes or cleft lip or even traits like dwarfism.

There is one homo sapien. The alt-right has just been spreading their 18th century Aryan pseudoscience for long enough for people to forget what a Mendel Box and genetics are.

I would follow the empirical scientific stuff and not the meme driven stuff, as a word of advice.

I don't even think the tiki torch Country Club Nazis even believe what they're saying.

This post was edited by Skinned on Feb 4 2018 10:22am
Feb 4 2018 10:24am
Quote (Skinned @ Feb 4 2018 09:20am)
Skin color is one phenotype among many within the same species. Its like having a widows peak or brown eyes or cleft lip or even things like dwarfism.

There is one homo sapien. The alt-right has just been spreading their 18th century Aryan pseudoscience for long enough for people to forget what a Mendel Box and genetics are.

I would follow the empirical stuff and not the meme driven stuff, as a word of advice.

By no means do I ever judge an individual by his skin color, but I find it hard to believe that there would be no deep differences in many characteristics between 2 gene pools that have been isolated from each other for thousands of years and have had different selecting factors for reproduction.

Alt right is bullshit sure, but so is this liberal left wing idealism you and the rest of this sub cling onto like a disease

E; speaking on a large population level, not on an individual basis of course. Also not saying any race is better or worse, but different due to the differences in the gene pools. Just disagreeing with the "were all the same kumbaiya" sentiment.

This post was edited by ssdrmstre on Feb 4 2018 10:27am
Feb 4 2018 10:37am
Quote (ssdrmstre @ Feb 4 2018 11:24am)
By no means do I ever judge an individual by his skin color, but I find it hard to believe that there would be no deep differences in many characteristics between 2 gene pools that have been isolated from each other for thousands of years and have had different selecting factors for reproduction.

Alt right is bullshit sure, but so is this liberal left wing idealism you and the rest of this sub cling onto like a disease

E; speaking on a large population level, not on an individual basis of course. Also not saying any race is better or worse, but different due to the differences in the gene pools. Just disagreeing with the "were all the same kumbaiya" sentiment.

Different groups of people have different phenotype combinations that they are likely to have certain traits and even genetic dispositions, like Blacks in the American South eating soul food and having more type 2 diabetes etc. Or a small group of several hundred thousand develop a genetic advantage that allows them to be immune to typhoid...but this advantage makes the white blood cells sickle shaped in appearance leading to other problems causing that particular gene to die out...

Diet and location are social determinents of health. Yes we all have a facticity about us when we entered the world....long-standing social arrangements that make us American, working class, Christian, etc, and you and others may say that my liberal belief in human free will and the power to define ourselves as individuals and not though external forces of ideology and socialization....as for genetics they life and die without a thought to race.

And the idealism is tempered by pragmatism.

Related: https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/class-divided/

This post was edited by Skinned on Feb 4 2018 10:44am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123458Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll