d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Consoles > Sony > Best Final Fantasy For Ps4 ?
Prev145678Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 16.00
Feb 13 2018 03:51pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ 9 Feb 2018 14:49)
The whole point was that if they put in stuff that made it pay-to-win, and they didn't.... can you not read, or what?

I also haven't played since then anyways though, since the game has been pretty ass. It's hard to snap a digital disc in half, but you reallllllly need to stop talking out of your fucking ass all the time. I get that you're a sad lonely adult with a learning disability, but if you can't read, maybe you shouldn't follow people around insulting them constantly?

Go read your own posts you made kid. You are a disgrace and cannot be trusted.

Go snap the disc like you originally stated you would.

Follow through son, or be a disgrace. You choose
Gold: 0.70
Warn: 50%
Feb 22 2018 11:25am
Quote (caswallen @ Jan 31 2018 12:15am)
Final Fantasy 15

and soon the Final Fantasy 7 remake is coming

Omg, they are remaking 7? That to me was the best and probably only good one to me.
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Feb 22 2018 12:41pm
Quote (D_urRRR @ Feb 22 2018 09:25am)
Omg, they are remaking 7? That to me was the best and probably only good one to me.

They're making it a hack n slash game like the newer ones. There's lots of gameplay footage and stuff out if you want to check it out. I'm going to be a sucker and buy it, but last I heard, they were going to sell it in 3-4 $60 installments and it didn't have a single fucking thing that was the same as 7. Obviously materia/summons/combinations etc.. are all going to be impossible with a hack n slash type format, or at least incredibly limited. Now, you called me salty before when I wasn't, this is something that I actually am salty about.

e : Literally all they had to do was keep it the same with better graphics and it would have been a masterpiece. If they added in a bunch of new end-game content (new enemy weapons/areas/chocobos/), side-missions, or new playable characters/materia/weapons etc... it would have probably been a top 5 game, but instead they decided to butcher what made it great. I'll never understand why companies do the exact opposite of what the public wants. FF7 was my favorite and I've beaten the game approximately 30 times.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Feb 22 2018 12:45pm
Gold: 32,161.71
Feb 23 2018 01:15pm
No expectations for FF7, I feel it will be very similar to FF15 in that it will be incomplete at launch and will become an improved game hundreds of dollars later... I will likely still pre order and platinum out of respect to the series that I adore.

You guys hating on ff8 too much. The plot is enthralling and imo the character development is superior to the other titles bar X. Realistically 6 and 7 plot were pretty straight forward. It has limitations on gameplay sure and is by far the easiest, but I could play those cards all day.

This post was edited by Bazi on Feb 23 2018 01:16pm
Feb 23 2018 01:37pm
Quote (Bazi @ Feb 23 2018 11:15am)
No expectations for FF7, I feel it will be very similar to FF15 in that it will be incomplete at launch and will become an improved game hundreds of dollars later... I will likely still pre order and platinum out of respect to the series that I adore.

You guys hating on ff8 too much. The plot is enthralling and imo the character development is superior to the other titles bar X. Realistically 6 and 7 plot were pretty straight forward. It has limitations on gameplay sure and is by far the easiest, but I could play those cards all day.

8 is for sure better than anything after 10, I just have it lower than most of the titles prior to 10. The only one for sure I'd say it's better than is 9, which is my least favorite installment from 1-10, but I still enjoy it. I wouldn't say 7's story was straightforward though lol, shit was ridiculous. It really speaks volumes to the overall quality of the series early on though. Even the lackluster or more meh titles, were still by comparison to what we're getting now phenomenal games with plenty of content. The easy mode and graphics>game-play route most devs are in love with is just not something I enjoy, but I understand that it hits a wider audience and that's why it's such a popular method.
Feb 23 2018 01:50pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Feb 23 2018 02:37pm)
8 is for sure better than anything after 10, I just have it lower than most of the titles prior to 10. The only one for sure I'd say it's better than is 9, which is my least favorite installment from 1-10, but I still enjoy it. I wouldn't say 7's story was straightforward though lol, shit was ridiculous. It really speaks volumes to the overall quality of the series early on though. Even the lackluster or more meh titles, were still by comparison to what we're getting now phenomenal games with plenty of content. The easy mode and graphics>game-play route most devs are in love with is just not something I enjoy, but I understand that it hits a wider audience and that's why it's such a popular method.

Yeah I mean I shouldn’t stay 7s story was straightforward, but I think 8s plot doesn’t get the respect it deserves sometimes. My brother and I beat all these in our younger years and have spent countless hours analyzing these games. With 8 there is just so much speculation due to the variable of time travel, and also motivations. Not sure how familllar you are with it and if you aren’t don’t want to spoil but it but there are very interesting compare/contrasts to be made with rinoa and ultimecia.
Feb 23 2018 02:29pm
Quote (Bazi @ Feb 23 2018 02:50pm)
Yeah I mean I shouldn’t stay 7s story was straightforward, but I think 8s plot doesn’t get the respect it deserves sometimes. My brother and I beat all these in our younger years and have spent countless hours analyzing these games. With 8 there is just so much speculation due to the variable of time travel, and also motivations. Not sure how familllar you are with it and if you aren’t don’t want to spoil but it but there are very interesting compare/contrasts to be made with rinoa and ultimecia.

Too late to edit : and politics of being a sorceress in general in that time and the psychological impact
Gold: 0.70
Warn: 50%
Feb 23 2018 04:01pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Feb 22 2018 02:41pm)
They're making it a hack n slash game like the newer ones. There's lots of gameplay footage and stuff out if you want to check it out. I'm going to be a sucker and buy it, but last I heard, they were going to sell it in 3-4 $60 installments and it didn't have a single fucking thing that was the same as 7. Obviously materia/summons/combinations etc.. are all going to be impossible with a hack n slash type format, or at least incredibly limited. Now, you called me salty before when I wasn't, this is something that I actually am salty about.

e : Literally all they had to do was keep it the same with better graphics and it would have been a masterpiece. If they added in a bunch of new end-game content (new enemy weapons/areas/chocobos/), side-missions, or new playable characters/materia/weapons etc... it would have probably been a top 5 game, but instead they decided to butcher what made it great. I'll never understand why companies do the exact opposite of what the public wants. FF7 was my favorite and I've beaten the game approximately 30 times.

What's the point in changing up a remaster that drastically. Might as well name it a new Final Fantasy. :zzz:
Feb 23 2018 06:02pm
Quote (D_urRRR @ Feb 23 2018 02:01pm)
What's the point in changing up a remaster that drastically. Might as well name it a new Final Fantasy. :zzz:

Agreed.

Nothing about it is set in stone though, it does seem like they're trying to listen to feedback and improve things based off that. I'm hoping that the trailers were just misleading and the combat gameplay just looks like FFXV, but it's actually still turn-based. If you eliminate the turn-based aspect of the game, it will automatically make 90% of the materia in the game no longer usable, which right away would kill the chances of it being amazing. All the materia combinations, and fun discoveries you could make by fucking around with them and cool abilities you got was one of the coolest things about FF. This game might not come out for another 5 years, but I'm just praying they don't butcher it too horribly.

Looks like the installments thing is confirmed, and they're claiming each installment will be a full game. So, we're going to have to pay $180-$240 total, each game will probably have about 10 hours of content, this system guarantees no real end-game content, and we'll have to wait 5+ years (once the games start coming out, so 8-10 years total from now) to play the whole thing, and it'll probably be terrible. Bunch of bastards. I'll still be stupid and buy it though, won't be able to help myself.

Quote (Bazi @ Feb 23 2018 12:29pm)
Too late to edit : and politics of being a sorceress in general in that time and the psychological impact

Gameplay is just always my #1 and how fun/hard/entertaining that is will be the most heavily weighted contributor to how I grade a game. You're right, the world for 8, the character development and everything that went into it was pretty spectacular, but I was just disappointed by a lot of the boss fights, the combat system, the weapon system etc.. The addition of the card game was fucking AMAZING though, and I was so happy they added in something that cool, and I'm glad it's something the series has brought back from time to time.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Feb 23 2018 06:06pm
Feb 25 2018 02:00pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Feb 23 2018 07:02pm)
Agreed.

Nothing about it is set in stone though, it does seem like they're trying to listen to feedback and improve things based off that. I'm hoping that the trailers were just misleading and the combat gameplay just looks like FFXV, but it's actually still turn-based. If you eliminate the turn-based aspect of the game, it will automatically make 90% of the materia in the game no longer usable, which right away would kill the chances of it being amazing. All the materia combinations, and fun discoveries you could make by fucking around with them and cool abilities you got was one of the coolest things about FF. This game might not come out for another 5 years, but I'm just praying they don't butcher it too horribly.

Looks like the installments thing is confirmed, and they're claiming each installment will be a full game. So, we're going to have to pay $180-$240 total, each game will probably have about 10 hours of content, this system guarantees no real end-game content, and we'll have to wait 5+ years (once the games start coming out, so 8-10 years total from now) to play the whole thing, and it'll probably be terrible. Bunch of bastards. I'll still be stupid and buy it though, won't be able to help myself.

Gameplay is just always my #1 and how fun/hard/entertaining that is will be the most heavily weighted contributor to how I grade a game. You're right, the world for 8, the character development and everything that went into it was pretty spectacular, but I was just disappointed by a lot of the boss fights, the combat system, the weapon system etc.. The addition of the card game was fucking AMAZING though, and I was so happy they added in something that cool, and I'm glad it's something the series has brought back from time to time.

The combat system will 99% be like FFXV in that it will be action RPG and not turn based, better to not get your expectations that high lol

Fair point about gameplay, FF8 was ridiculously easy and it is one of my major gripes with the game as well. Cards made the game so easy however it’s one of my favorite aspects so I can’t just ignore it haha. The items u got were just too OP #gilgamesh #holywars
Go Back To Sony Topic List
Prev145678Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll