d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Trophy Hunting
Prev113141516Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 260.11
Nov 20 2017 01:57pm
So.... I guess after Trump did some research he decided to not support the trophy import rule?
Gold: 18,534.02
Nov 20 2017 02:11pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Nov 20 2017 02:57pm)
So.... I guess after Trump did some research he decided to not support the trophy import rule?

Someone should really take his fucking phone away. Half of the shit people complain about him doing is tweeting and his stupid messages from tweeting.

The whole Ball Family china bullshit.
This Trophy hunting crap.
North Korea (although sometimes those are funny) Kim shit.
ETC

Gold: 2,489.69
Nov 20 2017 02:15pm
Quote (djman72 @ Nov 20 2017 02:11pm)
Someone should really take his fucking phone away. Half of the shit people complain about him doing is tweeting and his stupid messages from tweeting.

The whole Ball Family china bullshit.
This Trophy hunting crap.
North Korea (although sometimes those are funny) Kim shit.
ETC

That's how he reaches the people, he can't trust the MSM to pass along his message through press briefings.
Gold: 18,534.02
Nov 20 2017 02:22pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Nov 20 2017 03:15pm)
That's how he reaches the people, he can't trust the MSM to pass along his message through press briefings.

He's better off going radio silent.... lol.
Nov 20 2017 02:40pm
Quote (djman72 @ Nov 20 2017 02:22pm)
He's better off going radio silent.... lol.

I said that the second the election ended. A Voldemort presidency is far more scary than a Cornelius Fudge presidency, I said, Harry Potter isn't real life stop being an idiot, they said.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Nov 20 2017 02:55pm
Quote (Santara @ 20 Nov 2017 19:09)
You're going to have to learn that people of differing views have different sets of values. Those values drive what evidence a person considers as more important than less in an argument. What you call a "lazy pivot" isn't lazy, they don't see the issue the same way you do. It also isn't dishonest.

Quote (thesnipa @ 20 Nov 2017 19:17)
this. this is the exact reason i did not engage you fender. it's a constant war of semantics based on a separate set of values and more importantly what you find "acceptable" in nuanced and problematic situations. All that across a language barrier. no thanks.

ignoring the specific policy change this topic is about and trying to make the conversation about the general potential benefits of trophy hunting is a textbook pivot, not just a "different set of values". i know some people are particularly uncomfortable being confronted with their fallacies because they want to appear reasonable, but at some point it just becomes ridiculous to keep posting in a thread making the same lame excuses over and over, trying to shift blame for their inability to engage in a meaningful discussion to someone / something else...

Quote (Thor123422 @ 20 Nov 2017 20:57)

looks like it. and all the shills who bent over backwards to justify it will now either have to criticise his "informed decision", find a new "set of values", or resort to more pivots and ad homs...

This post was edited by fender on Nov 20 2017 03:19pm
Gold: 3.33
Nov 20 2017 02:58pm
This topic isn't very substantive, can I ask the purpose of your thread Heinrich?
Nov 20 2017 03:07pm
Quote (fender @ Nov 20 2017 02:55pm)
ignoring the specific policy change this topic is about and trying to make the conversation about the general potential benefits of trophy hunting is a textbook pivot, not just a "different set of values". i know some people are particulatly uncomfortable being confronted with their fallacies because they want to appear reasonable, but at some point it just becomes ridiculous to keep posting in a thread making the same lame excuses over and over, trying to shift blame for their inability to engage in a meaningful discussion to someone / something else...

looks like it. and all the shills who bent over backwards to justify it will now either have to criticise his "informed decision", find a new "set of values", or resort to more pivots and ad homs...

here's something you've failed to grasp, this topic isn't interesting. To make it even semi-interesting you have to go up a folder to a more broad topic.

Again, this topic isn't interesting to talk about, at all. that's your fault for posting it and not realize this. i realized where the thread was headed and posted accordingly, i was right, you were wrong. Deal with it.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Nov 20 2017 03:52pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 20 Nov 2017 22:07)
here's something you've failed to grasp, this topic isn't interesting. To make it even semi-interesting you have to go up a folder to a more broad topic.

Again, this topic isn't interesting to talk about, at all. that's your fault for posting it and not realize this. i realized where the thread was headed and posted accordingly, i was right, you were wrong. Deal with it.

apparently interesting enough to keep posting and trying to justify the nature of your "contributions" here with gems like 'it's not a pivot if the topic doesn't interest me'.

there were plenty of people posting about the decision itself, at no point did i post here just to keep the thread alive. three or five pages strictly topic related posts from people who care would have been perfectly fine with me, no one needs your approval (or your opinion if a thread is sufficiently interesting) to post here.
but since you're apparently only interested in being "right" about something... sure, whatever you want to believe, buddy. i give you full credits, you just won all the interwebs. feel free to ignore this thread completely if you don't have anything topic related to contribute, as a general rule too...
Nov 20 2017 04:09pm
Quote (fender @ Nov 20 2017 03:52pm)
apparently interesting enough to keep posting and trying to justify the nature of your "contributions" here with gems like 'it's not a pivot if the topic doesn't interest me'.

there were plenty of people posting about the decision itself, at no point did i post here just to keep the thread alive. three or five pages strictly topic related posts from people who care would have been perfectly fine with me, no one needs your approval (or your opinion if a thread is sufficiently interesting) to post here.
but since you're apparently only interested in being "right" about something... sure, whatever you want to believe, buddy. i give you full credits, you just won all the interwebs. feel free to ignore this thread completely if you don't have anything topic related to contribute, as a general rule too...

most of this topic has been posts about Don Jr's elephant hunt. which is about as related to the actual legislation as it got. and most of the posts have general stuff about conservation and trophy hunting as well as references to the subject.

the irony here is that almost everyone agrees this is a nothingburger bit of legislation. on one hand it is something the Trumps might take advantage of, but on the other hand it's about riling up his base. because they are the ones who don't realize its a specific bit of legislation and will blindly jump on any band wagon that is pro-hunting or pro-gun. but those people aren't really here in this thread. they're in the breitbat comment section. I think most people here realize this is a fluff piece of legislation, except you of course. your need to jump on nothingburgers is quite funny. then when the topic doesnt go your way you get all red faced. quite cute.

you're a hot bag of air, i was being nice when i tried to let you down easy. the truth is i wouldnt speak earnestly to you on any topic, because you're you. make sure to factor that in to your replies, rather than the typical "you pivoted because of intellectual laziness and inability to back up your things is just being confronted with you fallacies", or whatever other buzzword stuffed shitpile you stole from other users.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Nov 20 2017 04:17pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev113141516Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll