d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Trophy Hunting
Prev1141516
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,400.67
Nov 20 2017 04:32pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ 20 Nov 2017 21:57)
So.... I guess after Trump did some research he decided to not support the trophy import rule?

yes... opinion research showing that this decision was horribly unpopular even among conservatives.
Gold: 8,933.00
Nov 20 2017 04:36pm
Quote (fender @ Nov 20 2017 02:55pm)
ignoring the specific policy change this topic is about and trying to make the conversation about the general potential benefits of trophy hunting is a textbook pivot, not just a "different set of values". i know some people are particulatly uncomfortable being confronted with their fallacies because they want to appear reasonable, but at some point it just becomes ridiculous to keep posting in a thread making the same lame excuses over and over, trying to shift blame for their inability to engage in a meaningful discussion to someone / something else...

Um... like what in the fuck? You want to talk about a "specific policy change," and when people give you reasons why that policy change might be a good idea, you flip your lid over "pivoting?" Are you just fucking with us now?
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Nov 20 2017 04:55pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 20 Nov 2017 23:09)
most of this topic has been posts about Don Jr's elephant hunt. which is about as related to the actual legislation as it got. and most of the posts have general stuff about conservation and trophy hunting as well as references to the subject.

the irony here is that almost everyone agrees this is a nothingburger bit of legislation. on one hand it is something the Trumps might take advantage of, but on the other hand it's about riling up his base. because they are the ones who don't realize its a specific bit of legislation and will blindly jump on any band wagon that is pro-hunting or pro-gun. but those people aren't really here in this thread. they're in the breitbat comment section. I think most people here realize this is a fluff piece of legislation, except you of course. your need to jump on nothingburgers is quite funny. then when the topic doesnt go your way you get all red faced. quite cute.

you're a hot bag of air, i was being nice when i tried to let you down easy. the truth is i wouldnt speak earnestly to you on any topic, because you're you. make sure to factor that in to your replies, rather than the typical "you pivoted because of intellectual laziness and inability to back up your things is just being confronted with you fallacies", or whatever other buzzword stuffed shitpile you stole from other users.

ah ok, thanks for letting me know and ofc for letting me off easy, very generous and much appreciated.

just curious how you managed to effortlessly flip the whole who is trying to make this about a broader topic and who is reminding the other one that this is about a specific piece of legislation completely on its head in your mind - especially when just an hour and a half ago, you found a totally valid reason for how such a lazy pivot is totally not a pivot. fascinating really...

almost as fascinating as trying to sell a lack of arguments / interest / seriousness / ability to make a coherent topic related point as something you can always fault me for because after all... it's me (true genious, so simple yet so effective!)... this is really helpful advice i'll make sure to remember should i ever aspire to become a top level poster like you...

so yeah, i'm glad you totally didn't get your knickers in a twist when called out for your intellectual laziness, and totally didn't lose your calm just now when confronted with the ridiculousness of your excuses. you're really a shining example for this forum and i'm glad we had this conversation. please make sure to let me know how you feel about this, and about me in general ofc. also, keep it strictly off topic again, and make sure to include some fresh material i can steal for my future posts...

Quote (Santara @ 20 Nov 2017 23:36)
Um... like what in the fuck? You want to talk about a "specific policy change," and when people give you reasons why that policy change might be a good idea, you flip your lid over "pivoting?" Are you just fucking with us now?

ah, i think i identified the misunderstanding now. when i called ppl out for pivots they were NOT addressing this specific case (elephants in zimbabwe and zambia), but trophy hunting and its potential benefits in general. in fact, snipa just admitted to ignoring this specific case in favour of a more general debate because he deemed it "not interesting enough" to be addressed. hope that helps...
Gold: 2,489.69
Nov 20 2017 05:02pm
Quote (fender @ Nov 20 2017 04:55pm)
. in fact, snipa just admitted to ignoring this specific case in favour of a more general debate because he deemed it "not interesting enough" to be addressed. hope that helps...

I realize you're not a native speaker so picking on you is mean. so i'll use some restraint. I didn't deem this topic as not interesting enough, the world did. This was a relatively small issue that is a misnomer. Most people see "pro-hunting" and they have a strong stance that supercedes the actual topic. This specific legislation isn't interesting enough to stop that superceding. I simply predicted this was going to happen in the thread, and it did.

Any time you post anything involving hunting it devolves fast into a wide general conversation about hunting overall, and not whatever specific case you had in mind. it happens literally every time hunting comes up, and it happened here.

i'm sorry you're unable to predict things in this way, in a few years you may get better at it. but my guess is you'll be reacting as brainlessly to headlines as trumpets do. "gun bad, me no likey" isn't a good look on anyone man.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Nov 20 2017 05:02pm
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Nov 20 2017 05:19pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 21 Nov 2017 00:02)
I realize you're not a native speaker so picking on you is mean. so i'll use some restraint. I didn't deem this topic as not interesting enough, the world did. This was a relatively small issue that is a misnomer. Most people see "pro-hunting" and they have a strong stance that supercedes the actual topic. This specific legislation isn't interesting enough to stop that superceding. I simply predicted this was going to happen in the thread, and it did.

Any time you post anything involving hunting it devolves fast into a wide general conversation about hunting overall, and not whatever specific case you had in mind. it happens literally every time hunting comes up, and it happened here.

i'm sorry you're unable to predict things in this way, in a few years you may get better at it. but my guess is you'll be reacting as brainlessly to headlines as trumpets do. "gun bad, me no likey" isn't a good look on anyone man.

unfortunately nuance doesn't seem to be your strong suit, and neither is reading comprehension apparently. i'd just refer you to my previous posts on the matter, but it's rather apparent that you aren't in the slightest interested in learning my opinion, let alone representing it fairly, you seem content with your little black and white take, so i guess i shouldn't bother you with the greys in between...

i really hope this post gives you some valuable clues if simplistic namecalling or condescending projections will be your method of choice in the future, because wildly switching between both looks just incredibly desperate if you don't mind me saying...
otherwise nice dodge though, carry on...
Gold: 2,489.69
Nov 20 2017 05:24pm
If it makes you feel better, just know i'll be constantly re-evaluating your posts to see if you're worth the grey. I told you I saw you as only worth black and white a lot of times, but u kept my name in your mouth. o well...
Gold: 500.00
Nov 20 2017 05:36pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Nov 20 2017 06:24pm)
If it makes you feel better, just know i'll be constantly re-evaluating your posts to see if you're worth the grey. I told you I saw you as only worth black and white a lot of times, but u kept my name in your mouth. o well...

everythings grey over here :mellow:

Gold: 8,933.00
Nov 20 2017 05:50pm
Quote (duffman316 @ Nov 20 2017 05:36pm)
everythings grey over here :mellow:

https://i.imgur.com/kxCtTsE.png

Did you buy a car yet?
Gold: 57.00
Nov 20 2017 11:03pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 20 Nov 2017 19:02)

what a long strange trip it's been of late!!

great post my friend!
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1141516
Add Reply New Topic New Poll