d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Basketball > Time To Revisit The Wiggins Vs Covington Talk > Remember This Bitg?
Prev1234568Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Nov 14 2017 06:10pm
Quote (Towns @ Nov 14 2017 07:23pm)
Butler is a superior version of Covington.

Minus the 3pt shooting lol...

And Jimmy Butler is an actual star, and All-Star type of player. Wiggins is not.

This post was edited by Sixers on Nov 14 2017 06:10pm
Gold: 43.99
Nov 14 2017 06:24pm
Quote (Voyaging @ Nov 14 2017 06:41pm)
no such thing as what

Wiggins not being a shitter?

true

Nah lol
The whole "swapping roles/teams" would/wouldn't produce different result because its "not real"
With how much you know basketball, I know you know what I mean by it....

Now Philly has some player like Simmons, Embiid, JJ -- Covington goes to being Phillys 4th? option and is quickly shooting 50/50 after shooting sub 40% 3 years in a row..
Is he good? No question. Better than good, but the role is a very big part of it too

Gold: 152.00
Nov 14 2017 06:37pm
Quote (ZxFamily-GuyxZ @ Nov 14 2017 08:24pm)
Nah lol
The whole "swapping roles/teams" would/wouldn't produce different result because its "not real"
With how much you know basketball, I know you know what I mean by it....

Now Philly has some player like Simmons, Embiid, JJ -- Covington goes to being Phillys 4th? option and is quickly shooting 50/50 after shooting sub 40% 3 years in a row..
Is he good? No question. Better than good, but the role is a very big part of it too

still dunno what I've said that you're referring to or what you mean

swapping roles/teams would of course produce different results
Gold: 171.76
Nov 14 2017 06:52pm
There is no one alive other than DM stupid enough to think that Covington > Wiggins
Nov 14 2017 06:56pm
Quote (Voyaging @ Nov 14 2017 08:37pm)
still dunno what I've said that you're referring to or what you mean

swapping roles/teams would of course produce different results

Porter would be the same player in Minnesota
Remember?

:lol:
Nov 14 2017 07:35pm
Quote (ZxFamily-GuyxZ @ Nov 14 2017 08:56pm)
Porter would be the same player in Minnesota
Remember?

:lol:

nope
Nov 14 2017 07:41pm
Quote (Voyaging @ Nov 14 2017 09:35pm)
nope

Quote (Voyaging @ Sep 14 2017 02:09pm)
Yes, rankings of the top 100 players for the 2017-18 season.

Not how many points a player can score on a hypothetical shitty team.

Really not hard to envision Wiggins playing 3rd to Beal/Wall -- and seeing his production
vs
Porter being the go to player for the Twolves

But hey, it's hypothetical shitty team so its extremely difficult to picture
It doesn't happen in sports :rofl:

This post was edited by ZxFamily-GuyxZ on Nov 14 2017 07:44pm
Gold: 73.65
Nov 14 2017 07:52pm
You take Wiggins, because he's younger, more athletic, AND because he has had a healthier medical bill of health. Covington has missed a decent amount of games, and he's still have roughly the same amount of games played just like Wiggins, as someone above posted the better numbers.

Wiggins is the better prospect, even though he has more games under his legs, because he's younger, and fresher. He's also coached by Thibs, who will most likely once again, pull another Derrick Rose, and eventually wear this ninja out... But lol..... He will, most likely improve on defense over time... He has the physical tools... But he hasn't shown a willingness to explore outside his comfort zone, offensively, or defensively... His handle is extremely weak, and he's prone to easy turnovers. The eye test suggests his offensive potential is sub-par, considering his draft position, but Wiggins is also only 22...

Covington, is an excellent 3 and D player, who has really done well outside of that. He's proving his doubters wrong, and he's also added a more nifty hesi moves to create space for his shots. But his role in his team, is far different. There are definitely more people relying on him to come through as a defensive presence. RoCo, is literally locking down opponents. His deflections is 3.7, 3rd best in the league, and his 1.6 SPG really doesn't do him justice. He is taking on the toughest defensive assignments, and shining incredibly well. Embiid and Simmons can just work their magic, pray for a incoming double team, pass out of it, and just watch as Covington knocks it down, at a superb rate of 53.7% on catch and shoot 3's.

Covington, is the better basketball player and the more useful player in today's modern NBA. Whereas, Wiggins is a better prospect, he still has plenty of room to grow. Hasn't even reached his prime at all.

In 11 games this season, RoCo has averaged a stellar 16.1 points on 50 percent shooting from long range. His exemplary improvement is worthy of team captaincy and the young Sixers should try as hard as they can to emulate his work ethic.

This post was edited by pAiLiXziX on Nov 14 2017 07:54pm
Nov 14 2017 08:00pm
Quote (ZxFamily-GuyxZ @ Nov 14 2017 09:41pm)
Really not hard to envision Wiggins playing 3rd to Beal/Wall -- and seeing his production
vs
Porter being the go to player for the Twolves

But hey, it's hypothetical shitty team so its extremely difficult to picture
It doesn't happen in sports :rofl:

I think you maybe misinterpreted what I said.

I'm saying we should evaluate players by how they actually play in the opportunity they're given. Who knows how Porter or Covington would be as the first option? I can say with confidence though, that they are far more valuable on their respective teams than Wiggins would be. And I don't think players should be penalized for playing a role other than primary scorer. Lockdown defenders and sharpshooters are just as important.
Gold: 0.00
Nov 15 2017 12:10am
Quote (pAiLiXziX @ Nov 14 2017 09:52pm)
You take Wiggins, because he's younger, more athletic, AND because he has had a healthier medical bill of health. Covington has missed a decent amount of games, and he's still have roughly the same amount of games played just like Wiggins, as someone above posted the better numbers.

Wiggins is the better prospect, even though he has more games under his legs, because he's younger, and fresher. He's also coached by Thibs, who will most likely once again, pull another Derrick Rose, and eventually wear this ninja out... But lol..... He will, most likely improve on defense over time... He has the physical tools... But he hasn't shown a willingness to explore outside his comfort zone, offensively, or defensively... His handle is extremely weak, and he's prone to easy turnovers. The eye test suggests his offensive potential is sub-par, considering his draft position, but Wiggins is also only 22...

Covington, is an excellent 3 and D player, who has really done well outside of that. He's proving his doubters wrong, and he's also added a more nifty hesi moves to create space for his shots. But his role in his team, is far different. There are definitely more people relying on him to come through as a defensive presence. RoCo, is literally locking down opponents. His deflections is 3.7, 3rd best in the league, and his 1.6 SPG really doesn't do him justice. He is taking on the toughest defensive assignments, and shining incredibly well. Embiid and Simmons can just work their magic, pray for a incoming double team, pass out of it, and just watch as Covington knocks it down, at a superb rate of 53.7% on catch and shoot 3's.

Covington, is the better basketball player and the more useful player in today's modern NBA. Whereas, Wiggins is a better prospect, he still has plenty of room to grow. Hasn't even reached his prime at all.

People have been living on Wiggins potential and his draft hype as a prospect...4 years later in the NBA and he is still the same flawed player who can't do anything great, and is VERY poor in most areas of the game...

Volume scorer, who isn't even efficient. As i said before, he is one dimensional at best, and shitty everywhere else. Even as a scorer, he isn't anything special considering his efficiency is nothing to write home about.

This post was edited by Sixers on Nov 15 2017 12:11am
Go Back To Basketball Topic List
Prev1234568Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll