d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Basketball > Time To Revisit The Wiggins Vs Covington Talk > Remember This Bitg?
Prev12348Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Nov 14 2017 01:55pm
Quote (Fezbang @ Nov 14 2017 03:46pm)
So we are just going to crown Embiid now? He's 15 games into his 'second season' after only playing in 25% of his first. Let's give this guy 250 games played before we say he was the better choice over wiggins. (If he stays healthy and gets better it won't be close)

Wiggins hasn't looked like the next lebron but he's been good and gave the Wolves something to be happy about during our rebuild. If Wiggins is your third best player your team is doing well.

Wiggins isn't good though, he's so incredibly overrated...

He was the worst defender in the NBA last season, a total liability on that end of the floor.

He's a volume scorer, who is also one of the worst rebounders and passers in the entire NBA.

He's athletic, and puts on some athletic finishes and occasional hot games with a lot of shots. His Real Plus Minus is very deep in the negatives, (as I mentioned 292 players in the NBA have a better RPM than Wiggins). The Wolves are BETTER when he is NOT on the floor.

The name is still giving him his glory, and yes he's still young so there's certainly room for growth but HE HAS NOT IMPROVED IN THE NBA YET. Four years in, and this guy is the same player with the same flaws....

Quote (Fezbang @ Nov 14 2017 03:46pm)
So we are just going to crown Embiid now? He's 15 games into his 'second season' after only playing in 25% of his first. Let's give this guy 250 games played before we say he was the better choice over wiggins. (If he stays healthy and gets better it won't be close)

Wiggins hasn't looked like the next lebron but he's been good and gave the Wolves something to be happy about during our rebuild. If Wiggins is your third best player your team is doing well.

Embiid could stay just as good as he is now and Wiggins wouldn't even be able to sniff his jock strap...

Let's just stop there. Not even comparable.

This post was edited by Sixers on Nov 14 2017 01:57pm
Gold: 3,000.00
Warn: 40%
Nov 14 2017 01:59pm
I don't watch NCAA but wasn't Wiggins are really good defender in college? Or am I mistaken? Could have sworn I remember you talking up about how good his defense would be in the Nba when the Sixers were looking like they would draft him.
Gold: 0.72
Nov 14 2017 02:05pm
Quote (Sixers @ Nov 14 2017 02:55pm)

Embiid could stay just as good as he is now and Wiggins wouldn't even be able to sniff his jock strap...

Let's just stop there. Not even comparable.

He's questioning Embiid's health, not his skills and athletic talents. And he has a good point. If Player A has an injury riddled, shortened career, you pick Player B who is a decent player that has a long career.
Nov 14 2017 02:45pm
Quote (Kimtown @ Nov 14 2017 03:59pm)
I don't watch NCAA but wasn't Wiggins are really good defender in college? Or am I mistaken? Could have sworn I remember you talking up about how good his defense would be in the Nba when the Sixers were looking like they would draft him.

Yes, Wiggins was projected with All-Defense type potential in the NBA. You have some good memory from time to time, I'm impressed.

That's why he has been such a disappointment. He has been a horrendous defender, a horrendous rebounder, he doesn't facilitate or make players around him better, and he has essentially just been a volume scorer.

As athletic as he is, he should be a MUCH better defender and rebounder that's for sure.
Gold: 3,000.00
Warn: 40%
Nov 14 2017 02:47pm
Quote (Sixers @ Nov 15 2017 06:45am)
Yes, Wiggins was projected with All-Defense type potential in the NBA. You have some good memory from time to time, I'm impressed.

That's why he has been such a disappointment. He has been a horrendous defender, a horrendous rebounder, he doesn't facilitate or make players around him better, and he has essentially just been a volume scorer.

As athletic as he is, he should be a MUCH better defender and rebounder that's for sure.

Thanks mate :)
Nov 14 2017 02:53pm
Covington is 3rd best choice (most of the time 4th or the last) / option for the Sixers. Wiggins is their go-to-guy or next option to KAT. He does different things, while Robert just stands there shooting threes.

Feel the difference?

Also... Šarić is playing 30 MPG like you said, right? He gon be borderline All-Star for the Sixers, right? That he gon be their 6th man of the year for the Sixers, right? :rofl:

But imma wait for ASG break, then he explodes for the remaining 20 games, rofl

This post was edited by Frozen on Nov 14 2017 02:54pm
Gold: 200.00
Nov 14 2017 02:57pm
Saric has had 4-5 good games in a row, has a stinker and frozen finally shows up, shocker. Let's ignore the game he played vs gobert and put up 25/10

This post was edited by Embiid on Nov 14 2017 02:58pm
Nov 14 2017 03:07pm
Quote (Embiid @ 14 Nov 2017 22:57)
Saric has had 4-5 good games in a row, has a stinker and frozen finally shows up, shocker. Let's ignore the game he played vs gobert and put up 25/10

:rofl:

I have been here for a while, I am not hiding from anybody and will continue to pile up trash comments on Šarić because he is not the player you see him as.

Great 1-game sample size though. If I wanted, I would go DM or bitg opening a whole new topic how crap has Dario been this season but no... I will take my time and post this mid-season. So DM could tell me he is just getting started... like a season before. :lol.
Gold: 0.87
Nov 14 2017 03:08pm
Quote (Sixers @ Nov 14 2017 11:14am)
Yes, because Embiid was going #1, and Jabari Parker was going #2. So it looked obvious that we would take Wiggins #3, who we wanted anyway at the time because we needed a wing.

Then Embiid broke his foot right before the draft, which vaulted Wiggins up to the #1 pick....and oh lord look how that turned out. What a blessing in disguise. :rolleyes:

Wiggins has not been the player that we thought he would be in the NBA, and for that I'm thankful. He is nowhere near as good as we thought. He's actually not good at all lmao.

Wiggins: 258 NBA games

Covington: 224 NBA games

The number of games don’t matter. Covington is already at his prime age. Wiggins still has 4 years till his prime age. I’m going to take younger anyday

This post was edited by ben_davis on Nov 14 2017 03:09pm
Gold: 43.99
Nov 14 2017 04:39pm
Quote (Frozen @ Nov 14 2017 04:53pm)
Covington is 3rd best choice (most of the time 4th or the last) / option for the Sixers. Wiggins is their go-to-guy or next option to KAT. He does different things, while Robert just stands there shooting threes.

Feel the difference?

Also... Šarić is playing 30 MPG like you said, right? He gon be borderline All-Star for the Sixers, right? That he gon be their 6th man of the year for the Sixers, right? :rofl:

But imma wait for ASG break, then he explodes for the remaining 20 games, rofl

Don't say that to Voyaging
No such thing
Go Back To Basketball Topic List
Prev12348Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll