d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Motor Sports & Cars > Brz Thread
Prev123412Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4.37
Nov 8 2017 04:17pm
Quote (FMX_89 @ Nov 8 2017 09:55pm)
I have a hard time conversing with you without trolling because you have the stereotypical chip on your shoulder that makes guys like me dislike the words that come out of your mouth so badly.

The fact that I have a 1000hp car doesn't mean I think everything needs to have 1000hp or go really fast in a straight line. I road race a car that makes 130hp because it's fun.

You dismiss everything that falls outside of your narrow view and accuse me of the same even though it's far from true.

My problem with the BRZ has been outlined here before... It's a cop out. It's an overpriced poor man's driver's car. Instead of mounting prius tires on it to make it fun they should have built it with 300hp. Then it would rule it's class in every way.

Kindly get off my nuts, I have some BRZs to gap in my 5.3L pickup truck.

When you bash cars that aren't built with 1000hp, you give the impression that hp is all you care about. It's not my fault that's the impression you give. We don't have a glass ball of everything you do in life, thus we only can conclude based on what we read here. Maybe you have stated what you enjoy before, who knows

-How is it overpriced? While I agree it could be priced $1000 cheaper, I don't think it's that far off. What is your reasoning for stating something is overpriced? $25.5 base is fine to me, just above the miata.

-Yes, it's been greatly defined as a poor man's driver's car. I don't consider that an insult as at all, especially since it's all been compared to a poor man's porsche.

-If they built it with 300 hp, they would destroy WRX sales and destroy the very meaning of the car, and the price would greatly increase. These are all things they have said in detail on why they aren't going that route.

In order to gain more market, I could see them putting in a 2.5L N/A engine, that wouldn't increase the weight too much, but they don't appear to want to do that. The "prius" tire stigma has to go. There's a clearly stated reason why they are on there. They aren't cheap tires either (not that that has to do with performance).

There's not many cars that fit in the BRZ class to begin with.

Now with that said, I do hope to see speed increases with generation 2, but that is still unknown. It really doesn't need much. It just needs higher torque, maybe about 20%

They have been focusing entirely on handling, which has been their marketing plan the entire time. It's people like you that are trying to make it into a car that it's not. It has always been intended on being a small, light weight car, that handles very well, and is a good starting slate for those who like to build. "fun" is what the car was intended to be.

You're nuts aren't very pleasant.

This post was edited by stupidkid282 on Nov 8 2017 04:26pm
Gold: 484.02
Nov 8 2017 04:42pm
Quote (stupidkid282 @ Nov 8 2017 05:17pm)
When you bash cars that aren't built with 1000hp, you give the impression that hp is all you care about. It's not my fault that's the impression you give. We don't have a glass ball of everything you do in life, thus we only can conclude based on what we read here. Maybe you have stated what you enjoy before, who knows

-How is it overpriced? While I agree it could be priced $1000 cheaper, I don't think it's that far off. What is your reasoning for stating something is overpriced? $25.5 base is fine to me, just above the miata.

-Yes, it's been greatly defined as a poor man's driver's car. I don't consider that an insult as at all, especially since it's all been compared to a poor man's porsche.

-If they built it with 300 hp, they would destroy WRX sales and destroy the very meaning of the car, and the price would greatly increase. These are all things they have said in detail on why they aren't going that route.

In order to gain more market, I could see them putting in a 2.5L N/A engine, that wouldn't increase the weight too much, but they don't appear to want to do that. The "prius" tire stigma has to go. There's a clearly stated reason why they are on there. They aren't cheap tires either (not that that has to do with performance).

There's not many cars that fit in the BRZ class to begin with.

Now with that said, I do hope to see speed increases with generation 2, but that is still unknown. It really doesn't need much. It just needs higher torque, maybe about 20%

They have been focusing entirely on handling, which has been their marketing plan the entire time. It's people like you that are trying to make it into a car that it's not. It has always been intended on being a small, light weight car, that handles very well, and is a good starting slate for those who like to build. "fun" is what the car was intended to be.

You're nuts aren't very pleasant.

We've talked about all of that before believe it or not. I see a bunch of justifications for why they built a car that's 75% of what it should be. I don't care why.

I think it's funny that you believe displacement has more than a slight impact on weight.

So you agree it is slow and underpowered but I'm wrong for pointing it out. K.

So track performance is just defined by throttle off entry rolling through to the Apex? The corner exit has nothing to so with how fun it is? Oh wait, they intentionally put tires on it that give you the illusion that you are going fast. That is sacrilidge if you consider it a true performance car.
Nov 8 2017 04:55pm
Quote (FMX_89 @ Nov 8 2017 10:42pm)
We've talked about all of that before believe it or not. I see a bunch of justifications for why they built a car that's 75% of what it should be. I don't care why.

I think it's funny that you believe displacement has more than a slight impact on weight.

So you agree it is slow and underpowered but I'm wrong for pointing it out. K.

So track performance is just defined by throttle off entry rolling through to the Apex? The corner exit has nothing to so with how fun it is? Oh wait, they intentionally put tires on it that give you the illusion that you are going fast. That is sacrilidge if you consider it a true performance car.

I never stated the car is slow. I never once used that terminology. I said, if generation 2 comes out, a torque bump would be welcomed. That’s not stating that it’s slow. But like always.....speed is subjective.

200 hp and 0-60 in low 6 seconds is way more than enough for daily driving.

Increasing engine size would increase output, which is what the mainstream market is looking for....a lot of people don’t care about weight and that’s why this is a niche car. I said adding a larger engine to increase market share and potential customers. You’re probably loooking at a ~3000 lb car with a larger engine, and I don’t think they would do that, but it’s a thought.

Watch some track videos.....I have, it excels.....if you’re on the track, yes, you should get some grippier tires, but it’s clearly dependent on what you want to accomplish.....time attack vs playing around tail happy.

The car is built at what is should be. Again, it was never meant to be a speed demon....never. It does what it was intended to do, and it does it very well.

This post was edited by stupidkid282 on Nov 8 2017 05:02pm
Gold: 95.99
Warn: 20%
Nov 8 2017 05:19pm
Someone that's only capable of talking about 1 car *coughstupidkid282cough* is autistic most likely.

Literally, the only time I see you post is when the letters B, R, and Z get combined.

Just like Hondabois. One track mind, compensating for their shitmobile.
Gold: 3,385.09
Nov 8 2017 05:41pm
I like the look of the BRZ, but I put it in the Accord Coupe, Forte Koupe category. Its a "step" below a stock Mustang, Camaro simply because of the power. For the same reasoning I don't need 1000 HP, never gonna use it DD, I don't need handeling. I'm not taking Hairpin curves at 40mph either.

Nov 8 2017 05:41pm
Quote (CuttingEdge @ Nov 8 2017 11:19pm)
Someone that's only capable of talking about 1 car *coughstupidkid282cough* is autistic most likely.

Literally, the only time I see you post is when the letters B, R, and Z get combined.

Just like Hondabois. One track mind, compensating for their shitmobile.

What else do you want to talk about? We can talk about anything.

Instead of making retarded comments bearing no meaning, contribute you worthless piece of titsacks.
Gold: 484.02
Nov 8 2017 05:46pm
Quote (stupidkid282 @ Nov 8 2017 05:55pm)
I never stated the car is slow. I never once used that terminology. I said, if generation 2 comes out, a torque bump would be welcomed. That’s not stating that it’s slow. But like always.....speed is subjective.

200 hp and 0-60 in low 6 seconds is way more than enough for daily driving.

Increasing engine size would increase output, which is what the mainstream market is looking for....a lot of people don’t care about weight and that’s why this is a niche car. I said adding a larger engine to increase market share and potential customers. You’re probably loooking at a ~3000 lb car with a larger engine, and I don’t think they would do that, but it’s a thought.

Watch some track videos.....I have, it excels.....if you’re on the track, yes, you should get some grippier tires, but it’s clearly dependent on what you want to accomplish.....time attack vs playing around tail happy.

The car is built at what is should be. Again, it was never meant to be a speed demon....never. It does what it was intended to do, and it does it very well.

So you think the 2.5L will weigh more? Just clarifying.

It looks like we have concluded it is a NOVELTY and not a real performance car because they didn't follow through on what most people hoped for. 300hp wouldn't make it a "speed demon..." Not even close, not that it should be a "speed demon" anyway. 300hp and real tires would make it a "real" performance car. With what it weighs it would be very similar to a base C5 corvette fixed roof coupe. It would have 50hp less, and be 400lbs lighter.

No one in their right mind thinks a stock C5 base car is overpowered or a "speed demon" so you can drop that argument.
Nov 8 2017 05:53pm
Quote (FMX_89 @ Nov 8 2017 11:46pm)
So you think the 2.5L will weigh more? Just clarifying.

It looks like we have concluded it is a NOVELTY and not a real performance car because they didn't follow through on what most people hoped for. 300hp wouldn't make it a "speed demon..." Not even close, not that it should be a "speed demon" anyway. 300hp and real tires would make it a "real" performance car. With what it weighs it would be very similar to a base C5 corvette fixed roof coupe. It would have 50hp less, and be 400lbs lighter.

No one in their right mind thinks a stock C5 base car is overpowered or a "speed demon" so you can drop that argument.

Just guess what the price would be if you got your 2750 lb, 300hp, rear wheel drive brz.

Tires....well I have mpss, which are actually cheaper than stock.

What you’re asking for is not going to be given by any manufacturer at the $25k price range.

This post was edited by stupidkid282 on Nov 8 2017 05:54pm
Gold: 1,337,200.00
Nov 8 2017 05:59pm
This thread:

Nov 8 2017 06:02pm
Quote (jimmyhoud @ Nov 8 2017 11:59pm)

They are the best.
Go Back To Motor Sports & Cars Topic List
Prev123412Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll