d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Motor Sports & Cars > Brz Thread
Prev1101112
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4.37
Nov 12 2017 10:07am
Quote (FMX_89 @ Nov 12 2017 03:29pm)
What the fuck are you blathering about?

No one wants you to choose a larger more powerful car.

We are saying the BRZ needs to stay the exact same size that it is and have some power added to make it MORE fun. That's celebrating what it already is you bumblefuck.

You are literally arguing with thin air now. You also referenced hp/liter which I called way back in the beginning. Specific output will never be a talking point outside of engineering awards. It doesn't matter if you make 200hp from 2L when you compare it to the same car making 300hp from 3.6L. Displacement is not directly related to engine weight.

I didn’t say it was directly related. It’s a good ratio and there is no denying that for an n/a engine. It doesn’t tell the whole story, but in short, it helps to see efficiency.

You want more power to have MORE FUN? That’s fine, but the car has been continuously stated as a fun car by way more notable outlets than jsp, even without the added power.

Gold: 95.99
Warn: 20%
Nov 12 2017 10:40am
Quote (stupidkid282 @ Nov 12 2017 09:36am)
No.

This car is simply not for you.

If you don’t appreciate what the Miata brings, you can’t appreciate this car either. It’s a niche car. The sales are not even far off from the Miata.

What’s “shitty” about an inexpensive sports car, weighing under 2800 lbs, 100 hp per liter on a n/a engine, small, rwd, and generally aesthetically pleasing?

There is nothing “shitty” about the above.

However, and here’s where the agreement comes in, it is more typical that mainstream consumers care more about high hp amounts, and don’t care about driver’s cars. That doesn’t make the positive qualities of the brz shitty in any way.

I’m not going to take the word of people on jsp, over all of the involvement I’ve had with this car since pre 2012. I value the opinions of people who own, and people who don’t own that appreciate what it is.

Again, this car is exactly what it was hyped to be, and not once was it “supposed” to be a high hp output car.

We will see where toyobaru goes with generation 2, whether they try to cater to a larger group, or continue upgrading he car for the track as they did with the 2017 facelift.

Again, personally, I feel zero satisfaction from a larger car with over double the hp. Zero satisfaction. And I’m not going to sit here and let some clowns tell me otherwise.

There’s nothing wrong with people wanting to choose larger cars with more hp over the brz, but that doesn’t mean there is anything wrong with people wanting a smaller car with less hp.

I voluntarily choose to drive a lower hp car because I value the small size and weight (and the mpg is a decent bonus).

I don’t even know what you’re trying to accomplish, I purchased the exact car I desired. I could have very easily purchased something faster, but I didn’t. That’s not what I wanted.

Miata is considerably cooler than a BRZ/GT86

Convertible, huge aftermarket community, CONSIDERABLY lighter, and is built around being fun to drive instead of slapping a cheap underpowered engine under the hood and putting skinny tires to compensate.

They're hardly even comparable.

I've driven a few FRS, and have driven MULTIPLE fwd cars that are the same price range and considerably more fun.
Speed3, Focus ST, hell I had more fun in a fucking Veloster than I did in any FRS.
Nov 12 2017 11:16am
Quote (CuttingEdge @ Nov 12 2017 04:40pm)
Miata is considerably cooler than a BRZ/GT86

Convertible, huge aftermarket community, CONSIDERABLY lighter, and is built around being fun to drive instead of slapping a cheap underpowered engine under the hood and putting skinny tires to compensate.

They're hardly even comparable.

I've driven a few FRS, and have driven MULTIPLE fwd cars that are the same price range and considerably more fun.
Speed3, Focus ST, hell I had more fun in a fucking Veloster than I did in any FRS.

Uuuuhhh the Miata has been around for decades creating a larger following. Common sense.

It’s considerably lighter, yes, makes less hp. It’s all relative. Common sense.

Fun is subjective. I still trust others more than you.

You guys are comical. Keep trying .

This post was edited by stupidkid282 on Nov 12 2017 11:19am
Gold: 3,295.00
Nov 12 2017 07:12pm
Friends have focus st. And they're boring
Gold: 95.99
Warn: 20%
Nov 12 2017 08:00pm
Quote (stupidkid282 @ Nov 12 2017 12:16pm)
Uuuuhhh the Miata has been around for decades creating a larger following. Common sense.

It’s considerably lighter, yes, makes less hp. It’s all relative. Common sense.

Fun is subjective. I still trust others more than you.

You guys are comical. Keep trying .

It's okay, we all have a little bit of autism.
That's why it's called a spectrum.

You're just.... a little off the charts.
Nov 12 2017 08:45pm
Quote (CuttingEdge @ Nov 13 2017 02:00am)
It's okay, we all have a little bit of autism.
That's why it's called a spectrum.

You're just.... a little off the charts.

Thank you, princess.
Go Back To Motor Sports & Cars Topic List
Prev1101112
Add Reply New Topic New Poll